Deleted

Bonus roll results announced in raid

Hi whilst doing world bosses I've seen people announcing in raid who rolled a coin and if they got gold or loot.

Does anybody know what this add-on is called every time I've asked the player hasn't known what's doing it.

Thanks in advance.

One of my addons does this, my guess is XLoot, but I can't say for sure. Nor can I find anything in the addon description or changes that indicate it does.

I can't stand that addon. It's none of your goddamn business if I get loot or not.

Why should anyone care. It's an addon for the creepy type of WoW player personality. The ones who want to know what you got so they can get angry at you. The ones that make sure they drop their Blingtron somewhere in a phased area like the Sunsong Ranch to prevent others from interacting with it, because ... I probably don't even want to know what it does to them emotionally.

The two posters above me clearly don't understand the value of such an addon in competitive raiding. Prior to them increasing the timer on bonus rolls, you had to be VERY quick about communicating with your fellow raiders about whether or not they got a certain item if you really wanted to maximize your looting. That's no longer the case, but now it would still be a great convenience to be able to know immediately without having to ask.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    The two posters above me clearly don't understand the value of such an addon in competitive raiding. Prior to them increasing the timer on bonus rolls, you had to be VERY quick about communicating with your fellow raiders about whether or not they got a certain item if you really wanted to maximize your looting. That's no longer the case, but now it would still be a great convenience to be able to know immediately without having to ask.
    I agree with this.

If Boss X drops [Item everyone wants] and I use a coin and get [Item everyone wants]. Then the only other person who can use [item everyone wants] in the raid would immediately know not to use a coin if [Item everyone wants] is the only thing needed from Boss X's loot table. you don't really want to sit on it for too long, but if said item is extremely uncommon, and you see me get the gold bag, that's your cue to try and roll the bonus roll for another [item everyone wants].

As for the addon... I'm guessing XLoot (specifically, the Xloot monitor module).

Find it here: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/xloot

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats the point if you can't trade them in LFR's. I hate having to vendor some good gear that can help others.

Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    Whats the point if you can't trade them in LFR's. I hate having to vendor some good gear that can help others.
    this has nothing to do with LFR.
    do what you feel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    One of my addons does this, my guess is XLoot, but I can't say for sure. Nor can I find anything in the addon description or changes that indicate it does.
    I'll try xloot thanks

@aggixx exactly the reasons I was wanting it

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    I agree with this.

If Boss X drops [Item everyone wants] and I use a coin and get [Item everyone wants]. Then the only other person who can use [item everyone wants] in the raid would immediately know not to use a coin if [Item everyone wants] is the only thing needed from Boss X's loot table. you don't really want to sit on it for too long, but if said item is extremely uncommon, and you see me get the gold bag, that's your cue to try and roll the bonus roll for another [item everyone wants].

As for the addon... I'm guessing XLoot (specifically, the Xloot monitor module).

Find it here: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/xloot
    You getting an item from bonus has nothing to do with the next random getting the same / another item from bosses loot table on his/her bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    You getting an item from bonus has nothing to do with the next random getting the same / another item from bosses loot table on his/her bonus.
    He clearly was talking about in a non LFR raid ( 10s or 25s) where one person would roll and get an item that had already dropped.

Bump. because i have the same question and did not found my answer yet, and do not want to make new topic.
    no, it is not Xloot. been using that for years now
    I have been seeing automatic bonus roll reports in raid/guilds with loot OR gold won. I think it is part of an EPGP addon group, but i am not sure.
    You people reporting stuff. what the hell are you all using????

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    EPGP also dose this iots quite handy when useing the loot system

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante Vale View Post
    I can't stand that addon. It's none of your goddamn business if I get loot or not.

lol your just mad he got loot and you got a bag of coins

EPGP does this.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    that's definitely a good way to collect ignores

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Okay then, let's explain this much simpler. Player 1 and 2 want [Item of Epicness]. [Item of Epicness] drops off boss, but only one. Player 1 bonus rolls the boss and gets [Item of Epicness]. Player 2 does not want anything else off this boss and Player 1 now has [Item of Epicness], so Player 2 should not bonus roll. Now say Player 1 gets gold. Now, Player 2 can bonus roll for [Item of Epicness] so Player 1 gets the boss drop one.

Thank you, testing out tonight

was delighted to see these options in EPGP, but long story short. it does absolutely nothing for me. not reporting rolls, not even my own.
    What is the requirement for this to work? everyone needs it to be installed in raid? need to be assist or RL or officer or GM?
    so my search still goes on

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never seen that.

though i think someone saying it was an addon that was used for actual raiding says a lot about why i havent seen it. i mean if your vent is that busy i suppose its useful to keep the flow of information clear, but not that hard to say "yuss i got item" or whatever in a less busy guild. certainly awkward to me lol

that's definitely a good way to collect ignores
    well if you're going to /ignore someone over linking loot you're probably doing them a favor