Thread: druid rogue 2s

druid rogue 2s

I have never been a big pvp person but my friend is getting back into wow and he like pvp so i was wondering how either a feral/rogue combo would be or resto/rogue combo would be in 2s. What would be the strengths and weaknesses of either team?

Thank you for your knowledge and constructive criticism

If the feral is geared and skilled, he can pretty much carry any class quite far. That, and rogues are strong atm, so either comps would work nicely.

The rdruid/rogue team would actually be quite good because the rdruid could also burst out of the gate with heart of the wild and you guy may land a kill that way. If you don't land a kill you will at least force a ton of CDs and then will be able to manage a kill with good use of your many CCs.

The feral/rogue team will have a harder time because if you don't burst someone down in the first few minutes you are on an uphill battle after that. Most healer/dps teams you face will just turtle very hard for the first minute to survive your CDs then put the hurt on which you will have a harder time recovering from.

ok thank you. I had completely forgotten about HotW talent and yah i worried about not being able to have enough initial burst to get the job done. Neither of us are geared and im a primarily pve person.

I think you will find that between clone, mighty bash, smokebomb, blind, and typhoon you and the druid will be able to setup enough CC chain on a healer to land kills. (not to mention sub dance cheapshots/garrotes). It is also a nice comp because you will almost always get a solid opener, and the druid has the option of assisting with damage from ranged with wrath or from melee with catform when you are landing kills.

Do you think disorenting Roar (sp) would be better as it wont share DR with rogue stuns?

Quote Originally Posted by newjackcity View Post
    Do you think disorenting Roar (sp) would be better as it wont share DR with rogue stuns?
    I think mighty bash would be better - only because the rogue will usually be stunning the target you are killing, so mighty bash can help you in getting clones off on the other target. Disorienting roar also is 30 second cooldown, which means you'll be using it more often, which means you'll most likely DR it with the Rogues' blind.

ok did not know that Disorienting Roar shared a DR with blind. if i were a resto druid, do you think displacer beast is still the better talen or wild charge?

Heals/Damage in 2s are no fun in my opinion. I would go Feral/Rouge personally. But play whatever you enjoy most!
    Sylvanas Windrunner is not hot... Change my mind.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerschlag View Post
    Heals/Damage in 2s are no fun in my opinion. I would go Feral/Rouge personally. But play whatever you enjoy most!
    I'm inclined to agree but again, play what you think is most fun. The good part about double dps is quick games and it requires sharp play against healer teams.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by newjackcity View Post
    if i were a resto druid, do you think displacer beast is still the better talen or wild charge?
    I would go with wild charge, it's harder to use effectively but it's much more rewarding and provides a lot more utility.
    Plus the Z axis abuse is amazing.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i hate playing against rogue/rdruid, ill explain why. its annoying. this comp has no pressure from damage. i've been playing disc/arms for 2s this season and when ever we play against this comp, this is how it usually works:

they sap me, open on warrior. my warrior gets close to obliterating the rogue, my warrior gets cycloned. they switch to me, rogue cant kill me cuz he cant put out presure, he can only stunlock me for 60 seconds straight.

my warrior goes druid, my warrior gets kited for eternity. eventually my warrior kills the rdruid and the match that should have only lasted 5 minutes, tops, lasted about a half hour.

if you play rogue/rdruid its like a giant trollface at the other team. you wont kill anything, but you will stunlock them for a half hour! gratz!
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    i hate playing against rogue/rdruid, ill explain why. its annoying. this comp has no pressure from damage. i've been playing disc/arms for 2s this season and when ever we play against this comp, this is how it usually works:

they sap me, open on warrior. my warrior gets close to obliterating the rogue, my warrior gets cycloned. they switch to me, rogue cant kill me cuz he cant put out presure, he can only stunlock me for 60 seconds straight.

my warrior goes druid, my warrior gets kited for eternity. eventually my warrior kills the rdruid and the match that should have only lasted 5 minutes, tops, lasted about a half hour.

if you play rogue/rdruid its like a giant trollface at the other team. you wont kill anything, but you will stunlock them for a half hour! gratz!
    This is why I don't play healer/dps period. All healer dps 2s teams are troll scum in my opinion.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Deleted
    Finding it odd how noone's mentioned how strong Balance dudu/rogue is atm. (If you were wondering, it's pretty f***ing ridiculous :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post
    Finding it odd how noone's mentioned how strong Balance dudu/rogue is atm. (If you were wondering, it's pretty f***ing ridiculous :P)
    lol i hate balance with a burning passion. id rather dps as a tree.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Playing rdruid+rogue myself since mop came out, havent lost many fights except few when we faced raiku&mirlol and such... Just coordinate your cc well and be ready to pop some insane crits with hotw

ps earlier u were asking about mighty bash, i use aoe blind myself cus bash shares obviously dr with rogue stuns.
    Last edited by ebah; 2013-03-22 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ebah View Post
    ps earlier u were asking about mighty bash, i use aoe blind myself cus bash shares obviously dr with rogue stuns.
    I think the idea is that you would take bash to solo CC chain one of the two. There are drawbacks to bash though, you have to reforge to get hitcap because it is physical, but it provides longer CC chains.

I am going to try this week building some CP on target and doing a roar->maim->clone->clone That should be 3->5->6->3 17 seconds of CC every 30 seconds. Depending on how much damage your partner is taking.

Disorienting roar is better for stampede, which is the main reason to use it at resto. Faerie swarm slows as well as preventing stealth without a dispel/clos on druids/rogues/priests if you keep it on them alot.