Deleted
    I've leveled a few characters into the teens but the one race I can't is Sylvari. I absolutely hate the starting zone. And the Grove... holy crap. Absolutely the worst designed city in any game I've ever played. Whenever I get a character to the Grove I lose the will to continue and delete it. But I've made cool looking Sylvari engineer and want to continue leveling it.... but dat Grove Is it possible to go and level in a different area and still be able to do my story?

The beginning of personal story is always in your "race's" zone. But at around 15-20 I think the orders side take over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boatking View Post
    I've leveled a few characters into the teens but the one race I can't is Sylvari. I absolutely hate the starting zone. And the Grove... holy crap. Absolutely the worst designed city in any game I've ever played. Whenever I get a character to the Grove I lose the will to continue and delete it. But I've made cool looking Sylvari engineer and want to continue leveling it.... but dat Grove Is it possible to go and level in a different area and still be able to do my story?
    i agree the grove is the worst city >.> i got everything completed on world map beside the grove just because i hate it..

Is there any sort of 'sticky targeting' in this game? I've been having problems with arbitrarily losing my targets lately. It's especially bad on thief. I couldn't find anything in options for it though. Anyone have the same issue and find a fix for it?

It's "the right mouse issue" dreaded by many a player and hated by even more. (seriously a-net WTF)

Just level your character in any other starting area and just pretty much go to the Sylvari starting area for the personal story. That's the only way. Imo Sylvari starting area is the second best, given is more (insert your word of choice here. Chaotic, Uneven or even better "No clear path") but still is very pretty and fun. You also could level your character thru crafting if you desired XD. Up to you.

Grove is the most pretty city of the game haha xD But it's very confusing.

- dun mind their city that much, only like its looks, other than that, i find it as confusing as rata sum in terms of city design
    - their starting zone is okay though maybe i expected more "flower-y" zones instead of always jungles and swamps like everywhere which gets a tad boring on the long run.

what i hate the most about sylvari are... well... sylvari, which is why i couldn't help but delete my brocoli chars past a few days.

I really like the Grove. But then I've always liked chaos and stuff that has no perceivable sense.

Why the hate on us Sylvari and our city Sylvari are the best yo!

Been to the Grove like three times. Reminds me of Undercity-- a complete maze. Pass. 4ever.

bah, people who like uniformity are boring

Suppose I am a straight lines / square buildings person. My Sim City looks like neat rows of square blocks. All symmetrical. All perfectly even. XD

At least you can teleport in the Grove, unlike Undercity. Which makes finding my way OUT of the Grove a lot more pleasant than Undercity.

GW2 1 | WoW 0

15+ Year Old Account
    Hm I don't see how people can find the grove confusing. It is very easy to navigate to me. Imo it is one of the best cities. I could happily spend hours in it, especially at the wind chimes.

Take the Grove any day over Black Citadel.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Amen. I love the way Rata Sum is built, despite its confusing layers and all, but Black Citadel is friggin annoying. However, that being said, that's the way I'd design a war torn city anyhow; it's a damn good way to stall invaders..

I like all of the cities. Actually Divinity's Reach would probably be my least favorite.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    It's "the right mouse issue" dreaded by many a player and hated by even more. (seriously a-net WTF)
    What right mouse issue? I've had problems multiple times which is annoying when playing melee. What causes the issue and is there any workaround?

There's no work around, basically what happens is if you release RMB while hovering over/near an enemy, the game will target that enemy.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like an easily fixed coding issue to be honest, strange they haven't done so...

I sincerely hope they plan to buff the jungle wyrm in the patch. This is the second time today I've missed out on a chest because the damned thing is dead before it's even targetable. I've even tried laying down AoEs, that hasn't worked for me either. Apparently you're supposed to melee at its spawn point before it spawns if you want to be assured credit. Stupid. Doesn't help that the thing has like 2 HP either.