Page 21 of 114 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Got all the cards needed for my Naya Human deck, been a while since I have had a deck without any proxies in it.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok figured out why I was confused and why both tokens end up the same p/t.

* The new token doesn’t copy whether the original token is tapped or untapped, whether it has any counters on it or Auras and Equipment attached to it, or any noncopy effects that have changed its power, toughness, color, and so on.
    In other words the rhino coming out is a 4/4 with 12 +1/+1 counters on it, and populate copies the token excluding counters.
    wyrd bið ful aræd

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Ok figured out why I was confused and why both tokens end up the same p/t.

In other words the rhino coming out is a 4/4 with 12 +1/+1 counters on it, and populate copies the token excluding counters.
    Correct, copying only copies the physical aspects of the card, unless said copy says to add something to it other wise like Sakashima's Student or The Mimeoplasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I figured that would happen prior to anything else resolving as it is one card, but that would suggest you cannot populate the token you just created with the card (even though the card is worded otherwise).

Put a 4/4 green Rhino creature token with trample onto the battlefield, then populate.

The wording to me suggests that the rhino would go down, become a 16/16, it would be populated as a 16/16 creature, and as that second token hits the battlefield it would be a 28/28. Do the passive abilities (and activated from the zameck) hit the stack, or are they auto resolved?

(Edit: In other words, I would assume the wording of "and populate" instead if "then populate" would mean both actions on the card happen simultaneously instead of one after the other.)

Lastly, if I had a 16/16 token previously created and on the battlefield when I played horncallers and targeted THAT token for populate, would the new token be 28/28?
    I'm sorry, I was too quick in giving the answer. I thought master biomancer had a triggered ability, it does not. I gave the right answer but incorrect justification.

Since both the biomancer and zameck guildmage have replacement effects, what happens is slightly different, but the end result is the same: You'd end up with two 16/16 tokens.

706.2. When copying an object, the copy acquires the copiable values of the original object’s characteristics and, for an object on the stack, choices made when casting or activating it (mode, targets, the value of X, whether it was kicked, how it will affect multiple targets, and so on). The "copiable values" are the values derived from the text printed on the object (that text being name, mana cost, color indicator, card type, subtype, supertype, expansion symbol, rules text, power, toughness, and/or loyalty), as modified by other copy effects, by “as . . . enters the battlefield” and "as . . . is turned face up" abilities that set characteristics, and by abilities that caused the object to be face down. Other effects (including type-changing and text-changing effects), status, and counters are not copied.
    As you can see, +1/+1 counters would not be copied, so the populate token would copy a 4/4, and then have the replacement effects applied to itself as well.

Event decks will now have 10 rares in them. This is amazing since it allows the event decks to have better mana bases and be more competitive at the FNM level, and more money coming out of it as well.

And it looks like we have the Gruul legendary in DGM. He is immune to magic in the story line so he is most likely going to have hexproof, or maybe shroud for the first time since SoM.

Looks like Winter Orb is in FTV: Twenty.

That is not confirmed, it was just speculation by starcitygames. You can read more about it on mtgsalvation.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkle View Post
    That is not confirmed, it was just speculation by starcitygames. You can read more about it on mtgsalvation.
    Considering he is in the story of the Secretist and Jace calls him the champion of Gruul, plus the art it is probably more confirmed than not. Of course there is always that chance of it not being there, but to make card art for a character in the story usually means that character is getting a card.

I have been reading it on MTGS and it is almost confirmed he is in.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    can yall provide a link

Okay I found the spoiler list man this brings me back to the day of old esp cards like zuran orb and sol ring which went into every deck.
    Last edited by Skarsguard; 2013-03-10 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Considering he is in the story of the Secretist and Jace calls him the champion of Gruul, plus the art it is probably more confirmed than not. Of course there is always that chance of it not being there, but to make card art for a character in the story usually means that character is getting a card.

I have been reading it on MTGS and it is almost confirmed he is in.
    What are you talking about? Winter orb is not on the secretist and winter orb is not the champion of the gruul. Do you know what winter orb is?

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkle View Post
    What are you talking about? Winter orb is not on the secretist and winter orb is not the champion of the gruul. Do you know what winter orb is?
    I have no idea what I was thinking. I completely forgot I even made that post about Winter Orb. Oh well.

In other news You Make The Card 4 has started. I voted for land, but wouldn't be opposed to the missing red 2 drop that needs to finish the OP cycle or Fblthp being a legendary creature.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, how about that new Soraka skin?
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--6KcZTTg8L...a_Splash_3.jpg

I'm thinking she might be a little Boros inspired.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-03-11 at 07:38 PM.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I voted for land as well come on peeps vote for landz.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    So, how about that new Soraka skin?
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--6KcZTTg8L...a_Splash_3.jpg

[img]http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=366429&type=card[/ig]

I'm thinking she might be a little Boros inspired.
    Just a little bit.

I feel like whining cause there's no decent tournaments for two weeks at my LGS.

iBored...

And this week in the SCG legacy open, the inventor of TES several years ago piloted it to victory. Rare thing, well deserved

10+ Year Old Account
    I could never get back into the game after i sold all my decks and got a total of 10k but i could make a liveing of of it

I voted for land the second time. I only want to submit this.

T: Add 1 to your mana pool.

Pay 2 life, T, Sac: Search your library for a nonbasic land card and put it into play.
    A fetch land that fetches fetch lands. It is super original.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I voted for land the second time. I only want to submit this.

A fetch land that fetches fetch lands. It is super original.
    That seems REALLY powerful though, especially in legacy. It fetches for every dual, Karakas, wasteland, tabernacle, sol lands like ancient tomb, maze of ith, etc.

It would either need a higher activation cost, no tapping for mana, or both. And even then, it'ld be very powerful.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!