Thread: Pokémon!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Pshh, with a base attack of 105 I'm not worried. You can only scout with U-turn for so long. Although I do admit my rematch team was just made up of leftover dark types.

Cynthia's Garchomp may aswell have been legendary, god that thing was an ass.
    Pff I don't need that U-Turn. Of your team there the only ones that would survive a Close Combat are probably Mandibuzz and Umbreon.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I were a gym leader?

Empoleon
    Excadrill
    Lucario
    Bisharp
    Skarmory
    Aggron
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

I love the whole idea of building a Elite Four team, so I went ahead and did a Poison one, might do Grass too.

Rematch:

Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-03-19 at 07:23 PM.

This sounds like a fun idea, so I want to think of a team as well.

First time:

And the rematch would go something like

changed cause Meloetta is OP
    Last edited by Habanero-tan; 2013-03-21 at 07:06 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594

yeah imma be the dragon guy.

kingdra: sniper/ scope lens. focus energy,rest,scald,dragon pulse N: timid

salamence: moxie/liechi berry. dragon claw,dragon dance( dream world),fire fang, endure(i have my reasons)..that might be the wrong berry

flygon: levitate/that ice berry. outrage,fire punch,earthquake, u-turn..yeah hes almost the overused 1...but my flygon has won me soooooo many battles.

hydreigon: levitate/no item..giving you a break..hehehe. draco meteor,flame thrower,dark pulse,fly...

haxorus: rivalry/life orb. dragon dance,outrage,super power, earth quake.

latias: leftovers total devfensive pokemon. calm mind, recover, double team, dragon pulse.

ok...let the pain commence.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

10+ Year Old Account
    Do the elite four/gym leaders even use held items other than berries? Also, I love how y'all are using strong mons when you know you'd be nerfed if you were in the league :P The rematch thing I can understand, but being uber strong in the first fight? This is pokemon we're talking about :P

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    Do the elite four/gym leaders even use held items other than berries? Also, I love how y'all are using strong mons when you know you'd be nerfed if you were in the league :P The rematch thing I can understand, but being uber strong in the first fight? This is pokemon we're talking about :P
    The elite four in B2/W2 uses items in the challenge mode. But what I think is funny that a lot of people here choose Legendaries even though Elite Four never used legendaries.

Are there more news other than the 3 starters, the 2 new legendaries and the release date in October for 6th gen? Have I missed something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    The elite four in B2/W2 uses items in the challenge mode. But what I think is funny that a lot of people here choose Legendaries even though Elite Four never used legendaries.
    I don't have either of those so yeah, I wouldn't know :P Oh, yeah, and the legendaries

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Are there more news other than the 3 starters, the 2 new legendaries and the release date in October for 6th gen? Have I missed something?
    The new Eeveelution Sylveon. Other than that no news.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    I don't have either of those so yeah, I wouldn't know :P Oh, yeah, and the legendaries
    Reminds me of the guy that beat ash in the Sinnoh league. That was the season where ash was by far the most competent, and what do they do? They make him fight a guy with a Darkrai and a Latios.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    The new Eeveelution Sylveon. Other than that no news.

Reminds me of the guy that beat ash in the Sinnoh league. That was the season where ash was by far the most competent, and what do they do? They make him fight a guy with a Darkrai and a Latios.
    One thing is having random trainers have legendaries (which makes no sense), another thing is to have random trainers have legendaries without any explanation.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    One thing is having random trainers have legendaries (which makes no sense), another thing is to have random trainers have legendaries without any explanation.
    Yeah. At least they gave an explanation for that one guy with the Articuno, and Charizard won against that (would have been a damn shame if he hadn't)

15+ Year Old Account
    Well legendary pokemon are able to breed in the anime, the only reason they can't ingame is for balance. What would be unrealistic is having no trainer-controlled legendaries. I want to see ash fight strong pokemon that are actually strong, not Bellsprouts that are stupidly overpowered like in the kanto league.

I wish gym leaders/elite four used legendaries in game too. They're meant to be representative of the greatest trainers of a region, and yet each can basically get beaten by a single pokemon that exploits the weakness of their chosen type. Whitney's miltank was the last challenging gym match I've had.
    Last edited by -Ethos-; 2013-03-21 at 05:48 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Well legendary pokemon are able to breed in the anime, the only reason they can't ingame is for balance. What would be unrealistic is having no trainer-controlled legendaries. I want to see ash fight strong pokemon that are actually strong, not Bellsprouts that are stupidly overpowered like in the kanto league.
    I kinda doubt that a Darkrai can breed, since it's basically an avatar of nightmares and stuff. Guess that doesn't mean there can't be more than one, but still. Just a tiny bit of explanation would be nice - after all they are legendary.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    While I agree that I want ash to have a challenge, it's just stupid that his opponent has a Darkrai and a Latios and wins the enitre tournament with only two Pokemon. (Hell he won using only Darkrai before he fought ash.)

I just remembered the gym in Mossdeep in R/S, and that Gym was the hardest for me of all the games, so I guess this Gym challenge idea is a throwback to that idea of a double battle Gym. And this, in contrast to the other's will be a mid-tier like Gym.

These two are to start out with, and the two in reserve are

I think bringing back double battle Gyms, at least one, would be really interesting for X and Y, at least as a throw back to Gen 3. As well as to exemplify the new 3D graphics even more.
    3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594

I wish gym leaders/elite four used legendaries in game too. They're meant to be representative of the greatest trainers of a region, and yet each can basically get beaten by a single pokemon that exploits the weakness of their chosen type. Whitney's miltank was the last challenging gym match I've had.
    what i find funny is that the little battle areas after the game is over apparently have stage 1 pokemon like said bellsprout faster than lets say your EV stat trained jolteon with a speed of say 360 and scarfed...how the hell is this possible?
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

15+ Year Old Account
    I really hope they drop the stupid features like Musicals and Pokestar Studios. Theyre cute the first time, but especially in the case of studios - having to go through them as part of the story progression is purely frustrating. I really rather they'd bring back the pokemon following you and pokeball seals.

I really hope they drop the stupid features like Musicals and Pokestar Studios. Theyre cute the first time, but especially in the case of studios - having to go through them as part of the story progression is purely frustrating. I really rather they'd bring back the pokemon following you and pokeball seals.
    weird, i loved the studio i hated musicals. but yeah id rather have some other form of extra end game/side game
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    contests! I miss those :x