Is 158k crit normal for Soul Reaper?

Just kind of dumbfounded after that last match, never thought I'd drop from 35% to 0 instantly from this ability. I'm at around 7750 resilience if that matters.

Any other surprising new "oh shit" abilities to watch out for in Arena that you normally didn't see before 5.2?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Other than Powershot and Chaos bolt i can't think of anything else that can crit in that range, but then again you ARE missing 2k resil at least to be considered ok for PvP

You cannot be serious about 9750 resilience...

10+ Year Old Account
    With some trinket proc or another buff it may be possible I guess. Anyway it's an execute-like ability so you should try to avoid being in that situation. At least you know when the soul reaper debuff is applied to you and got some time to react (you or your heal can heal to more than 35% and it won't do any damage).

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sanddemon View Post
    You cannot be serious about 9750 resilience...
    With full honor gear and mostly resil gems (healers, mages and many others prefer resil gems) you get 9-Nine thousand 7-Seven hundred 9700 resilience aka 67.5 or so damage reduction, what's not serious or weird about it?

Look it up go on armory and have a look at characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, you have to take into consideration, Soul Reaper is spell damage, armour doesn't mitigate it. It's going to hit like a truck regardless.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

So basically, you have low resilience and you're wondering why you get hit hard?

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    Also, you have to take into consideration, Soul Reaper is spell damage, armour doesn't mitigate it. It's going to hit like a truck regardless.
    On this note, if you see the SR debuff on you, it'd be a good time to burn a magic-damage-reducing-cooldown. (Or heal.)

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Stinkiepink/advanced
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Ryanpaluszek/advanced
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/darkspear/Orbx/advanced

Well maybe it's a mistweaver thing, I have found one single mistweaver over 1900+ with above 8k or higher in my quick search. Granted I think 99% of my loses, I'm not the one dying.
    Last edited by sanddemon; 2013-03-21 at 04:53 PM.

if you cant get a heal up in time to pop you above 35% hopefully you or your other team members have a amz, SR is shadow damage, unholy dks will do much more with this ability than frost dks because frost mastery is frost unholy mastery is shadow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its an execute. So what. The warlock one regularly crits full 2/2 players for over 200k. Whats really overpowered is shit like Ice Lance that crits 70k, has no CD, and is just spammed by derping retards. Not abilities that can only be used when the target is low and only go off if the target stays low.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    A dot execute that takes 6 sec before dealing damage and the person needs to be sub 35% health for the dot to deal any damage at all when the time is up. I cant really see the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post
    A dot execute that takes 6 sec before dealing damage and the person needs to be sub 35% health for the dot to deal any damage at all when the time is up. I cant really see the problem.

Thought i'd step in to say i took an 89k soul reaper in 2s on full geared T2 shadow I wouldn't of been that bothered if the pet wasn't trucking me for big numbers and the diseases weren't ticking for like 15k each. Unholy has got out of hand anyone who doesn't think that is mad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Must have been trinket procs, berserker buff, low res(?) temple buff or smt.
    My non crits without trinket is ~45-50k.

Speaking of which, I love the thought from devs with this execute. This is how executes should be, skillful, set up and a bit RNG, not just like almost every other execute ability *press button - profit*
    It is weaker sure but it is so much more fun, fun design that too often getting the back seat in this game.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2013-03-22 at 08:46 AM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alot of buffs+procs+low resi target+crit+bis gear=150k+ crit easily possibru.

I've crit for 220k with shadowburn on geared people 320k on non-geared.
    Last edited by Baracuda; 2013-03-22 at 09:13 AM. Reason: fixed spelling
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stickyjam View Post
    Thought i'd step in to say i took an 89k soul reaper in 2s on full geared T2 shadow I wouldn't of been that bothered if the pet wasn't trucking me for big numbers and the diseases weren't ticking for like 15k each. Unholy has got out of hand anyone who doesn't think that is mad.
    And this isnt about unholy this is about soulreaper so i dont get the point.