View Poll Results: Do you like the Oondasta encounter?

Voters
489. This poll is closed
  • YES

172 35.17%
  • NO

317 64.83%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Cant say I do, nothing fun about dying right after starting the fight, then the endless graveyard zerg run.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

With so many people there I just constantly DC and when I'm in game I can barley move

Deleted
    Not sure why people are defending it by saying 'it's designed to be done with an organised raiding group'

On busy servers like ravencrest you don't exactly have a choice to kill it with less than about 150 people. Not like you need to be in the engaging raid group to get loot...

I voted no. I play on Stormrage - US and he crashes the world server at least 3 times a day since were a very high pop ( 1500 que at peak times on tuesday ). The fight consists of oondasta lagging so badly he doesnt do anything, 5 sec spell delay's on insta cast spells and a server crash at about 20% since there are 5-8 40 man raids there killing him. No part of that spells fun to me.
    Last edited by Dr420; 2013-03-21 at 08:45 PM. Reason: MT

I would do it if he drop a mount of himself instead direhorn otherwise fuck no thanks. Not worth my time.

Remember that cute little rabbit in DMF? That required a group of 40 people and even then it got tricky at times. Like anything, as times goes on it gets easier with gear and all that other stuff. Oondasta is doable with far less people, but it requires a geared enough group as well as following instructions, like any elite/raid boss.

The only reason he's so tough is because with so many people doing it at once, it's near impossible to do without dying a ton. Too many people not following instructions, not enough spreading out 10 yards etc. The first time I actually killed him was far less people. We one shot it, hardly anyone died and it was a very controlled and very easy fight. It was just overall much easier because there was more room to work with and you weren't bumping into each other. But, most of the time there is just SO many people, goodness it's tough. lol
    Last edited by KCguy; 2013-03-21 at 09:03 PM.

Oondasta is just a massive lag orgy where you just afk after you get one shot in a few seconds into the fight, to avoid repair bills.

10+ Year Old Account
    everyones already forgotten about the lag fest and cluter fk that was the opening of the gates of aq. people wanted something epic feeling. there you go. In the end we (the players) get what we ask for and still arent happy. I dont really mind the fight, gold is not a big deal for repairs. Im generally indifferent

well i like this encounter mostly becou of sooo many corpses at one place and the part that i am trying to survive that fight without raid (yes there is other 80+ ppl but i heal myself ) last kill i managed to dodge ik blast for about 60proc of boss hp
    When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all ... Futurama-Godfellas

Deleted
    I hate it. Farming it on 9 chars is just a pain, when the mount eventually drops I'll probably stop.

Graphics skips isn't the problem for me. I just fail to find the fun in getting one shot by a boss multiple times no matter how many cd's I use and needing to have almost 2 full raids+ just to kill it to get a bag of 28g is bs.

Deleted
    its a fun encounter, but i havent been able too enjoy it cause people are just GY zerging it and turning the boss around like a maddino making you unable too dodge it frontal cone aoe

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps the D/C I am getting late peak times s due to this boss trying to be zerged by 300 people per realm per Battlegroup? Since this recent Wedenesday he is spawning every hour or so too...?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    That's how it is now with Ood. The world ranked guild on the server kills him, the rest of us run in, hit him one or twice, run out or die and just stay dead, wait 5 mins and then collect loot. It's a wonderful design
    Wow, I wish we could do that on our server... the only tries I've been around for were pretty much 8 hours of 120 people failing because they're idiots (chaining the beam, not using CD for frill blasts, etc) with no 'pro guild' to carry them. :/

I'd happily tag and die to let some guild kill him for us... if we actually had a guild to do that.

/jealous

The whole 'horribly unfun to do as a tank in any sort of pug as you're just going to die because no one takes the boss off you and he eats your face so have fun running back' sort of thing is just so enjoyable.
    Last edited by Kaiarra; 2013-03-22 at 12:54 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't actually know how the encounter is supposed to go since my realm just zergs him to death. So I have no opinion.

Deleted
    Hit boss once and go afk for 10min is how I killed it this week, not much fun

I dislike him, I find it completely idiotic.

I've only killed him once, but I basically just sat out of range of him until he reached about 5% and then I walked over and hit him once to collect my loot. There's no sense in actually fighting him, because you'll just be dead the entire time. I have to admit though, the sea of skeletons was mildly hilarious.

I was just watching a group zerg Oondasta while afk. He had his usually 867 million hp.

Then when I came back (after theyd wiped a bunch) I noticed he only had 432 hp and people talking in general saying 'gg hotfix hp' and similar. He definetely had only 50% of his health and they killed him.

Was he just hotfixed? This was on Frostmourne US. I cant find any posts about it on other forums atm, but this only happened 10 minutes ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    everyones already forgotten about the lag fest and cluter fk that was the opening of the gates of aq. people wanted something epic feeling. there you go. In the end we (the players) get what we ask for and still arent happy. I dont really mind the fight, gold is not a big deal for repairs. Im generally indifferent
    This.

Its not the boss that is the problem. Its the players. The fact players are completely willing to throw themselves aimlessly at something instead of trying to cooperate isn't Blizz or the bosses fault.

I really don't mind difficult bosses with 1shot mechanics.

I do however mind those bosses when they are world raids that anyone can join. Finally saw him spawn yesterday, had around 90 people and after 2 hours of wiping the tanks STILL couldn't figure out how to turn the boss towards the water and away from the raid.