Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Why not just implement this inside WoW?

Why not implement this on World of Warcraft, just like your got Barcraft in Starcraft? Wouldn't it be better? More players, they could easily make something like items ingame that help tcg and vice versa

Because then it wouldnt be F2P, you would have to have a active sub to play.

it wouldn't be then f2p :P

edit: -arg, too late-

They already have Pokémon in-game I don't think they need to add something else.

Also, imagine the horror of disenchanting in-game items for Dust to make CCG cards

10+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't be F2P, for one, and for two, I think it would complicate an already huge and daunting game for someone new to it. On top of leveling and questing and dungeons and raiding and achievements and PvP and dailies we have a full trading card game? No.

Because some people don't play WoW, you know.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

noooooo then there will be a ton of achievements based around it, much farming to be done :x

Deleted
    clearly targetting the "facebook/ipad" gamers.

those who are playing, angry birds, plants vs zombies etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It wouldn't be F2P, for one, and for two, I think it would complicate an already huge and daunting game for someone new to it. On top of leveling and questing and dungeons and raiding and achievements and PvP and dailies we have a full trading card game? No.
    And third if there are people (I'm pretty sure there are) who don't like WoW but want to play it they won't have to install WoW to play it.

that way they were limited to the ppl that play wow.
    lots of ppl that like tcg games and warcraft out there and being free to play gives them more chance to get higher playerbase.

Because then it wouldn't be f2p. Blizz is aiming at a bigger audience.

Maybe the 5.4 major feature will have to do something with this new card game, who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally don't play WoW anymore, although I enjoy the lore of the series. I'm quite pleased to be able to play something (for free) that still has to do with the Warcraft Universe. If it was integrated into WoW I wouldn't even consider touching it.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Yes let's force everyone who wanna try this out to buy a game with four expansion sets and monthly gametime. You must've clearly missed their intentions with this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skycaptain View Post
    Why not implement this on World of Warcraft, just like your got Barcraft in Starcraft? Wouldn't it be better? More players, they could easily make something like items ingame that help tcg and vice versa
    To see this idea in full use
    See Wizard 101

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Because some people don't play WoW, you know.
    Impossible! Tharon'ja is- I mean, how could not everyone in the world play WoW

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 03:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Whidbey View Post
    To see this idea in full use
    See Wizard 101
    Does that still exist?

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Maybe the 5.4 major feature will have to do something with this new card game, who knows.
    Well, they did say it was something new (the 5.4 feature).

If this tier takes 6 months like T14 did, it'll probably be released almost at the same time that this game will be released.
    Last edited by Thyranne; 2013-03-22 at 03:17 PM.

Because WoW is already too much of a Katamari. As you add things you then have to manage things to keep people interested in al aspects. Whereas if you make this a standalone, you dont have to entice the hardcore pvper to try it out.

Deleted
    Because alot ppl who like warcraft lore dont play wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well my initial thought is that it would be pretty awesome to be able to go into an inn and start to play this game (taking you outside WoW to the normal game UI for Hearthstone). The hurdles for implementing that would be HUGE though, for only minor gains, so I don't see it happen.

I'm okay with the way they've envisioned this and are implementing it as a stand alone game.