Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Loved it when only 10 people clapped......

All I got to say is that I guess blizzard is doing April fools a couple weeks early or at lease I hope that is the case.
    You're not interested in TCGs? Well a lot of people are. Shame you can't see the fun in such games, but don't poop on everyones parade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Normally I'd try to stay above the ruck, but some of the unfounded, baseless, and truly classless complaints on this particular post makes me feel the need to post almost against my will and definitely against my better judgement. To see a neat little product like this maligned and kicked into the dust before we barely know anything about it is two degrees shy of sickening. If you don't like TCG's or the idea of TCG's, then that's fine... give it a miss and get on with playing Blizzard's many other offerings or your game of choice. To see Blizzard cater to their relatively smaller but still very present fanbase of the licensed TCG by creating a fun little phone/tablet/mini-game type of app and then get face-slammed into the pavement for the sheer gall of not making whatever it was people seem to have been expecting is just nauseating.

Sure, throw around the "fanboy" brand all you like - I personally reserve judgement until I can get my hands on the game and maybe give it a test drive. It might possibly suck, or it might be a fun if limited diversion. To piss, moan, and complain at the present smacks so much of a spoiled brat opening a Christmas gift and then throwing a tantrum because it wasn't exactly what they wanted from their overindulgent parents.

Honestly quite happy with this, with the first reason being that its free.
    Second reason is that I actually enjoyed the card game a good bit, and this looks quite interesting.
    Plus, a dollar per five cards? That's not bad at all.
    Probably going to bring in full decks later on that'll be like, five to eight dollars, maybe.
    Can't wait to hear more info.

Quote Originally Posted by TommmyBoy View Post
    Its freemium
    Developed by completly new team so there wont be any delays on new content in wow.
    Look pretty fun.

I was hoping for something bigger but hey.. its freemium you just CANT complain over something that is freemium.
    fixed that for you...

No Collectible Card Game is ever "free"...

Actually, yeah, the pun is that we all (including myself) know it's free, so it isn't possible to 'buy' it (because it's F2P) and I also meant at the same time (stay with me here) that I wasn't going to 'buy' the idea that it is real. Tee hee!
    Last edited by tnyswonger; 2013-03-22 at 03:38 PM.

If they put in rare loot cards in this (like the spectral tiger mount etc),
    I'm pretty sure some WoW players would also start playing this too. (Maybe "collecting", rather than "playing" =P )

I'm really keen for this and for a large reason that stems from me being able play it on my iPad but I came figure out how to get the client. Anyone have any helpful hints? I checked the app store and nothing and even when I I tried to download the link it only has for Mac and windows. Maybe the Mac version but I really doublt it. Shouldn't there be a specific iPad one?
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    So many idiots overhyped ^^

I'm actually looking forward to this, looks awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad I didn't look too much into this when I read the front page last night. I figured it was going to be Blizzard Allstars or something else, but the announcement they made about the game made me lean more towards "something else". I just didn't get the vibe that it would be Allstars.

I may pick it up, but the only TCG I played and enjoyed was Pokemon and that was the GameBoy one some aeons ago.

Man, from the name I thought it might be Blizzard's version of DotA set in the Warcraft universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got nerd-chills when I heard Illidan's voice.

Not sure why everyone is mad. Looks fun to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol. no thanks.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    My first impression is that if I want to play TCG online I'd play the far more complex and developed Magic the Gathering online games.

Additionally, I cannot stand Pay-to-win games with a burning passion. MTG has been able to avoid this, but almost all Facebook-type games fall into that trap when they start doing microtransacations. I might goof around with Hearthstone a little if the paid "gold" cards are just for fun. But if the paid cards are stronger than the free cards (ie. pay-to-win), I wouldn't touch this game with a 10-foot pole. Some people will play along and spend lots of cash and win every match, but it isn't real rewarding with the p2w games knowing that person won just because they spent more real-world money than someone else who maybe couldn't afford to and would have otherwise beat them.

While I think this is an April Fool's joke, if it's real I would play it on my iPad simply because it looks like it would be fun on that platform. I am quite disappointed though, if this is their big announcement, but oh well, I wasn't expecting a new title to alongside their existing three.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    You're not interested in TCGs? Well a lot of people are. Shame you can't see the fun in such games, but don't poop on everyones parade.
    I've got an idea... why not go to your TCG fans website and not a World of Warcraft/MMORPG fan forum then? :P

Do you immediately rush to a Magic the Gathering forum site every time they announce a World of Warcraft expansion? :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Yeah that's why it's FREE TO PLAY....
    I think your missing his point, but I cba explaining it to you :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoomin View Post
    Such a fucking stupid idea. Let's take resources that could be used to improve our game with failing replay ability and put it in to a game that panders to the 1% of people who actually play our horrible, shitty, fucking atrocious card game for more than just loot cards! YAY!
    A "small" fact correction: WoW TCG is actually in the top 5 played TCGs right now. Right up with Magic, Pokémon, and YGO. Also, an Android version of this game would be really, really nice to have. (Why do devs always keep not publishing games on Android tablets is beyond me.)

So basically their new idea is to copy Magic the Gathering Online.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never played a card game online before, seems like a good place to start
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance