Any word on when to use the 2 handed healing mace?

http://www.wowhead.com/item=95499/in...on-of-the-dawn

Got the LFR version this week, don't know how I feel about it. Couldn't really find anything about Seal of Insight PPM or proc chance and have yet to do test runs.

Is it worth it to use this? Reforged the Crit to Spirit.

I do have to say, its pretty bad ass to heal with Jin'rohk, The Great Apocalypse
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

Yes if this is your best weapon that you have stats-wise. No if you have a 1H + shield of equivalent or higher ilvl.

Apart from seal of insight proc rates, that I do not have any information about for 2H weapons, the 2 options are very close.

MH/shield advantages:
    - better and more varied itemization options (more raw spirit)
    - armor from the shield is somewhat helpful on high physical damage fights (i.e. zor'lok)
    - shields have sockets, giving slightly better baseline stats

2H advantages:
    - you only have to get a single item instead of 2

Basically, go with the setup that has the higher item level. BiS will be MH/shield eventually, but the seal of insight issue is the only serious downside (maybe) to a 2H healing weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont see it working very well considering seal of insight would take longer to give you mana return because of the longer swing timer. But if you have nothing better you should absolutely use it, I agree with what everyone else is saying here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alesso View Post
    I dont see it working very well considering seal of insight would take longer to give you mana return because of the longer swing timer. But if you have nothing better you should absolutely use it, I agree with what everyone else is saying here.
    Incorrect, Seal of Insight is adjusted for weapon speed so it should return the same mana as a 2.4 speed 1 hander. I tried it, it works.

Downside is that the extra stats on 2 handers never seem to quite make up for the loss of an OH enchant and potential shield socket. Minor additional downside is that you lose a lot of armour by using a 2 hander which is generally not very useful but could potentially save you or at least reduce dmg taken by a small amount if adds were to target you.

Quote Originally Posted by dpwr View Post
    Downside is that the extra stats on 2 handers never seem to quite make up for the loss of an OH enchant and potential shield socket. Minor additional downside is that you lose a lot of armour by using a 2 hander which is generally not very useful but could potentially save you or at least reduce dmg taken by a small amount if adds were to target you.
    Downsides:

1) Loss of ~20k armor rating against physical damage
    2) Loss of stats due to lack of +165 intellect enchant
    3) Poor stat itemization compared to 1H + shield

Basically zero wins, lots of losses. Only reason to take is if it's higher item level than your 1h + shield.