Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    How is this in any appreciable sense different from just opening Hearthstone in another window?
    Because maybe they can set up a way where a person sits down at the other side of the table you're at and it starts up a game between the both of you. In addition, they can make it so anyone else in the inn can see the game and click on it to watch you both play.

They'd be silly not to consider some type of tie-in interface inside WoW itself that patches into their Hearthstone server.

Deleted
    I don't play WoW, obviously inserting the game into WoW wouldn't be a good thing for me, and the other people who don't play WoW, to insert it into the game.

It's a free game, and it seems like they want it to be free, putting it into the game doesn't seem like something they would do.

Deleted
    If this was in WoW i would have to resub >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark Son View Post
    If this was in WoW i would have to resub >.>
    And that's why no matter what people suggest, I can't imagine a free-to-play game would be placed inside a subscription-required game.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    I am very confused by the first part of your post. "I think there is a money aspect to this..." Isn't there a money aspect to everything consumer based? Blizzard, being a business, is out to make money in the exact same way any other business does. By creating and then selling a product.

To be fair, I am simply quoting you to illustrate what I mean. This confusion extends to everyone who using the phrase "It's about the money." I guess I will never understand.
    It really does, everyone throws around ´Blizzard wants to make money´ like it is a bad thing.

Pokemon in WOW is the opposite though, right? Couldn´t they easily have made it like Hearthstone? My guess they have bigger plans for Pokemon. At some point, it is going to be an óutside wow´ game.. but if you have a wow subscription you can use your active pets, if you don´t have a wow subscription, you get some base pets, and then can micro-buy additional pets. At least that is what I would do if I were Blizzard.

Exclamation Wait a Minute!

Quote Originally Posted by skycaptain View Post
    Why not implement this on World of Warcraft, just like your got Barcraft in Starcraft? Wouldn't it be better? More players, they could easily make something like items ingame that help tcg and vice versa
    YES! They could, remeber Final Fantasy XI? They implemented their card game (Tetra Master) inside the game that HAD a subscription cost. You could play the TCG without having to pay for FFXI, even though it was INSDE FFXI (you payed a different subscription for the TCG than the MMO). WoW could have the same; implement it inside WoW, but leave it F2P.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    noooooo then there will be a ton of achievements based around it, much farming to be done :x
    bit can still have achievements, even if its seperated from wow^^

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 09:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    It really does, everyone throws around ´Blizzard wants to make money´ like it is a bad thing.

Pokemon in WOW is the opposite though, right? Couldn´t they easily have made it like Hearthstone? My guess they have bigger plans for Pokemon. At some point, it is going to be an óutside wow´ game.. but if you have a wow subscription you can use your active pets, if you don´t have a wow subscription, you get some base pets, and then can micro-buy additional pets. At least that is what I would do if I were Blizzard.
    blizzard doesnt want to make a pokemon game, this is just an idea inside of the users heads...

its just another cool way to spend your time ingame, exactly what people are constantly asking for.

Deleted
    It'd be less accessible to new players, I'm assuming.

As a player of the TCG since its release I can tell you that there are many people who play it just because they love card games but have no interest in playing WoW, many people who play it because of WoW, and many people who started playing the TCG because they played WoW but played the TCG long after they stopped playing WoW. I imagine this game will see similar results.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    YES! They could, remeber Final Fantasy XI? They implemented their card game (Tetra Master) inside the game that HAD a subscription cost. You could play the TCG without having to pay for FFXI, even though it was INSDE FFXI (you payed a different subscription for the TCG than the MMO). WoW could have the same; implement it inside WoW, but leave it F2P.
    PlayOnline was a terrible program. No one should look to it as an example of good ideas. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    I don't want to download, install, and have to run the huge files associated with WoW to get into the tiny portion of the game I actually want. Stand alone is better.

I think it goes against their 'class' design aspect. When you play Hearthstone, you play as a hero based on your class (Thrall, Jaina, Malfurion, Gul'dan, etc.) If you're playing WoW, you're playing your WoW character.
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

Trying to embed the game into WoW would bog them down with limitations as to what they could do with UI and would add a lot of unnecessary bandwidth usage for players who just want to play a card game and don't care what is going on in the virtual world.

The only thing we need is a Blizzard portal with single sign-in, so I can sign in once and launch any of my games from the, and access to social features so I can chat without logging in. Perhaps add additional features like auction house access (as per mobile app) but honestly that much isn't important.

If I remember correctly, this is basically how FFXI and Triple Triad were linked. They really were two different games, you just accessed them from the same login portal. You still had to leave one game to play the other.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/3/22/413...ts-hearthstone

looks like they are "looking into" bring it into WoW.
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

It would be nice if it was a standalone game but could also be accessed thru WoW(with a limited interface and stuff). That way you could play in while waiting on a queue or something.

It would be nice to see the games linked, so long as there's another way to play it. In fact, I'm pretty sure the Everquest CCG already does this (not 100% on that, I just know it's playable in all the games in that franchise, and I think on the website). Seriously, I don't see any reason not to. Creating the tech behind linking different Battle.net games would also pave the way to some other interesting concepts in the future- like, say, a Warcraft 4 RTS with your WoW character commanding the army as a hero (and generic ones to take the place if you don't play WoW, just change the model and name)? Warcraft 4 may be a stretch right now, but when a small gimmick like that could easily sell the game to millions of WoW players, especially with the framework already in place...

All right, I know I'm reaching with this, but the point is that apart from convenience of being able to play it in WoW and having something fun to do during downtime- like say, while in a queue and bored of dailies or while waiting for your guild to gather for a raid/return from a break- the technology behind it could easily be expanded for many amazing ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    PlayOnline was a terrible program. No one should look to it as an example of good ideas. Ever.
    As horrible as PlayOnline was, that was actually one of the few things they did well. Sadly, I don't know of anyone who actually played Tetra Master (I know I didn't), so it became a non-factor in the mess that was the rest of PlayOnline.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldryth View Post
    It would be nice to see the games linked, so long as there's another way to play it. In fact, I'm pretty sure the Everquest CCG already does this (not 100% on that, I just know it's playable in all the games in that franchise, and I think on the website). Seriously, I don't see any reason not to. Creating the tech behind linking different Battle.net games would also pave the way to some other interesting concepts in the future- like, say, a Warcraft 4 RTS with your WoW character commanding the army as a hero (and generic ones to take the place if you don't play WoW, just change the model and name)? Warcraft 4 may be a stretch right now, but when a small gimmick like that could easily sell the game to millions of WoW players, especially with the framework already in place...

All right, I know I'm reaching with this, but the point is that apart from convenience of being able to play it in WoW and having something fun to do during downtime- like say, while in a queue and bored of dailies or while waiting for your guild to gather for a raid/return from a break- the technology behind it could easily be expanded for many amazing ideas.

As horrible as PlayOnline was, that was actually one of the few things they did well. Sadly, I don't know of anyone who actually played Tetra Master (I know I didn't), so it became a non-factor in the mess that was the rest of PlayOnline.
    I played FFXI on the PS2, and PlayOnline worked really well on it. Perhaps it was just that the PC client wasn't formated well.

Played Tetra Master all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's no real reason to put this in WoW;

1> If you want a mini-game in WoW, there's already pet battles.
    2> They can easily make cross-game rewards within WoW from Hearthstone, via Battle.net accounts, if they want to tie them together, so not being within WoW is no loss.
    3> You can play Hearthstone without being subbed. This A> adds a larger audience and B> potentially is a way to keep/bring back ex-subbed WoW players.
    4> You can't play WoW on mobile devices (for the most part). You can play Hearthstone, though. More flexibility and mobility is a nice option.

You can play this alongside WoW with no additional cost. There's no really big reason TO integrate it directly, if it works just fine on its own.
    Think outside the box a little bit, be creative, and you might realize that there are a lot of things they can do if there is an in-game interface that links your wow acct to a hearthstone account. Things like duels inside an inn with spectator mode for nearby players, realm leagues and tournaments, in-game titles and achievements, the possibilities really make it a no-brainer to try.

Why would you need to be subscribed? You can still play trial for unlimited ammount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ondray View Post
    Why would you need to be subscribed? You can still play trial for unlimited ammount of time.
    Having to install all of WoW isn't something that will appeal to people who don't want to play WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by skycaptain View Post
    Why not implement this on World of Warcraft, just like your got Barcraft in Starcraft? Wouldn't it be better? More players, they could easily make something like items ingame that help tcg and vice versa
    I don't htink you realize what Barcraft is at all............

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante Vale View Post
    Think outside the box a little bit, be creative, and you might realize that there are a lot of things they can do if there is an in-game interface that links your wow acct to a hearthstone account. Things like duels inside an inn with spectator mode for nearby players, realm leagues and tournaments, in-game titles and achievements, the possibilities really make it a no-brainer to try.
    The only one of those that would require WoW-based systems is the realm leagues and tournaments, and even there, it would be easy enough to coordinate on the realm forums.

If there's a spectator mode in Hearthstone, just tell people in the inn which game it is; they don't need to pay for Hearthstone to watch it, just run the game in a second window. And in-game titles and achievements are, again, perfectly able to work through Battle.net already; that's how you get the pets for Starcraft collector's editions in WoW and such. Just flag the reward to be a title or Feat of Strength instead of a pet that's mailed to you, and it's done.

Seriously, there's really very few potential benefits to running this in WoW rather than running it alongside WoW.