Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elveren View Post
    He was frost with dps gear, just went blood presence and used a cd. It was not something we had planned for though.

We used 3 healers. There will be times when 2 nests will spawn at the same time and one of them requires a tank. That tank presumably needs healing, I was fine just healing through atonement but if you have a quill at the same time it will hurt and then I was actually healing him. The damage on the nests is rather low and I was healing it again only through atonement and Divine star, but if you get a quill at the same time people need healing.
    We did some practise on ji-kun and managed to make it thro a full rotation of nests (3 down 3 up) and boss was around 65%... how many rounds of nests do you do?

on normal mod we do 1 full round, then BL and nuke as boss is normally <30%. for heroic i was thinkin at the current % we're goin to have to go do 2x full nest rotation then it will be <30% to BL and nuke.

I feel our DPS is kinda low tho, and the boss should be more around 55% maybe, and only do the bottom 3 nests so boss is around 35% then try nuke? i dunno

Also we didnt ever use a tank for the for the guardians, we just had a WW monk taunt and use defensives CDs, then a blood DK on top 1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathruler11 View Post
    We did some practise on ji-kun and managed to make it thro a full rotation of nests (3 down 3 up) and boss was around 65%... how many rounds of nests do you do?

on normal mod we do 1 full round, then BL and nuke as boss is normally <30%. for heroic i was thinkin at the current % we're goin to have to go do 2x full nest rotation then it will be <30% to BL and nuke.

I feel our DPS is kinda low tho, and the boss should be more around 55% maybe, and only do the bottom 3 nests so boss is around 35% then try nuke? i dunno

Also we didnt ever use a tank for the for the guardians, we just had a WW monk taunt and use defensives CDs, then a blood DK on top 1.
    We went for 15 nests, ignored the 16th and forward. The boss was then at ~16%. Our kill was about 9:40, I believe.

---------- Post added 2013-03-23 at 04:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gandoga View Post
    So we could only spent a few attempts yesterday but it felt much better and we reach the 4th door.
    We should spread and kick everything and dispell of course. Do the casters on the warbears cast only if the bear is killed or not? I was told to kill them asap
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-vyt4x6y41a5qzvyv/ now in english so maybe you can have a look on it
    i think our disc is not smiting enough and there are still other minor mistakes.
    thanks for your help so far
    I'm almost certain they do not cast until they dismount. But I could be wrong. I can't remember any curses coming out before that, though.

Does your priest have T14 4 set avalible? If he does, it is a lot better than an item of higher item level and he should use it.

Looking at your longest attempt (7 mins) - yes, if it was me, I'd smite a lot more. The differences between his logs and mine (I'm not saying my log is perfect, but just to give an example) is that he smites a lot less, casts very few PW:S, uses Penance as a heal instead of offensively more often, uses PoH a lot more and got less healing from Divine aegis. Worth to think about that Atonement has been nerfed and now doesn't scale insanely on damage modifier fights. If your raid is dying, he can't keep the damage up, but if the raid damage is low and your other healer can handle it, I would smite more.

Some things that need tweaking:

- Move out of the green poison on the ground. It moves, so be prepared for that.

- Dispel asap.

- Is the Dire Call a problem? It looks like people are dying from it several times, should not be happening if you have a proper Spirit shell.

- Rending charge looks like it causes some problems aswell. You can BoP it off, but remember to only have one paladin so do, so that the other can always BoP the Triple puncture. Other than that, focus a bit extra on people with the debuff, shield them, tell them to pop a personal cd if they drop low and a Dire Call is coming soon.
    Last edited by mmoc5817da6c72; 2013-03-23 at 07:13 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elveren View Post
    We went for 15 nests, ignored the 16th and forward. The boss was then at ~16%. Our kill was about 9:40, I believe.[COLOR=red]
    So thats 2 full rounds (12) plus all of bottom .. thats kinda wot i had in mind, but a log i looked at they was killin at 6mins, did seem strange, i guess that was a bugged log.

my concern was the green puddles, after 6 nests (1 full round) we had quite a lot... are you doing any thing special to try minimize how many are on the platform? we have our 2nd tank soaking, as well as warlock and anyone else doin 1 every time they have a CD up

soz to hi-jack the thread lol.

on the subject of horridon, we reached the 4th gate a few times after 1 nite of attempts... our only problems atm are a different person is failin each attempt, we just need to get a clean attempt and i think we'll be on for a kill. We're using lust on the 3rd gate as its posing quite a problem with the non-tauntable adds. I guess we need to kite/stun/knockbk them more... maybe get both our DKs to use army here.. does mass grip work? possibly grip->vortex

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathruler11 View Post
    So thats 2 full rounds (12) plus all of bottom .. thats kinda wot i had in mind, but a log i looked at they was killin at 6mins, did seem strange, i guess that was a bugged log.

my concern was the green puddles, after 6 nests (1 full round) we had quite a lot... are you doing any thing special to try minimize how many are on the platform? we have our 2nd tank soaking, as well as warlock and anyone else doin 1 every time they have a CD up

soz to hi-jack the thread lol.

on the subject of horridon, we reached the 4th gate a few times after 1 nite of attempts... our only problems atm are a different person is failin each attempt, we just need to get a clean attempt and i think we'll be on for a kill. We're using lust on the 3rd gate as its posing quite a problem with the non-tauntable adds. I guess we need to kite/stun/knockbk them more... maybe get both our DKs to use army here.. does mass grip work? possibly grip->vortex
    Yes, catch as much food as possible (sometimes you have a spare feather) and what made a big difference for us was to stack the pools as close to eachother as possible (standing close to them so they kept overlapping).

About Horridon: our dk does use army on the 3rd gate. You can stun/freeze them aswell. They melt if you can freeze them and just aoe. Don't know if mass grip works, he wasn't specced into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    While my guide is for 25 man, I'm sure you could use it for a 10 man as well

We put in about 3 hours on this boss tonight for the first time, without one of our normal tanks. On clean attempts, we were getting to the 3rd door fairly easily, but I do have some questions:

Priority on the 3rd door: MS add (the big one, Frozen Warlord) or the small disease ones? Should we trying to be grouped up so the disease ones don't charge into everywhere, or try and be kiting/slowing/stunning them more? I feel like if we can get out of this door smoothly, it'd go down soon after.

Though, 4th door: Always bear then its shaman before the next bear, right? Don't want 3 shamans up? How big a priority is keeping interrupts on the flamecasters? Is there only ever one at a time? I'm thinking: 2 small adds, first bear, first shaman, clean up more small adds while cleaving the 2nd and 3rd bears, slowly start kiting due to first totems, Dinomancer as soon as he's out, then back to the same, more small adds while cleaning up the bears/shaman. Is there any huge priority in burning these bears/shaman down quicker? They don't seem to do as much damage as the flamecasters do, cause one of those seems to reign havoc on our tank due to its 200k magic dmg nuke. The ticking bleed didn't seem to be doing much, but idk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    We put in about 3 hours on this boss tonight for the first time, without one of our normal tanks. On clean attempts, we were getting to the 3rd door fairly easily, but I do have some questions:

Priority on the 3rd door: MS add (the big one, Frozen Warlord) or the small disease ones? Should we trying to be grouped up so the disease ones don't charge into everywhere, or try and be kiting/slowing/stunning them more? I feel like if we can get out of this door smoothly, it'd go down soon after.

Though, 4th door: Always bear then its shaman before the next bear, right? Don't want 3 shamans up? How big a priority is keeping interrupts on the flamecasters? Is there only ever one at a time? I'm thinking: 2 small adds, first bear, first shaman, clean up more small adds while cleaving the 2nd and 3rd bears, slowly start kiting due to first totems, Dinomancer as soon as he's out, then back to the same, more small adds while cleaning up the bears/shaman. Is there any huge priority in burning these bears/shaman down quicker? They don't seem to do as much damage as the flamecasters do, cause one of those seems to reign havoc on our tank due to its 200k magic dmg nuke. The ticking bleed didn't seem to be doing much, but idk.
    3rd door: You definitely group up and go for the Warlords first. Just move together and AoE the adds.

4th door: We assigned a melee for the flamecasters and then we focused a bear until the shaman appeared. Quickly focus the shaman and interrupt the chain lightning. Thats pretty much it.