Thread: PvP iLevel Cap

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    they need to increase pvp power scaling as atm some classes benefit more from int than actual pvp power.

Deleted
    As long as the cap is capped at having all full season pvp gear I dont see how people could complain about it, we've been asking for a way of having pve stuff removed from arena for pretty much ever..... I'm happy enough to see this come in.

not digging this change at all.
    pretty much killing all the gearing up processes beyond t1 conquest gear.

while it is good balance wise it just kills the gearing up process.

Quote Originally Posted by cexspa View Post
    not digging this change at all.
    pretty much killing all the gearing up processes beyond t1 conquest gear.

while it is good balance wise it just kills the gearing up process.
    I dont think you read the patch notes properly

t2 PvP gear is being reduced to 496
    the arena and BG cap will be 496
    this will stop people from using heroic thunderforged items (541) in PvP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post
    Do this changes mean that PvE gear is better for open world PvP?

PvP power has to fix it, I guess.
    Yes. They have the same resilience as you do while having about 54 ilevels on you. They're going to mop the floor with you especially if they gem for PvP power.

Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    I dont think you read the patch notes properly

t2 PvP gear is being reduced to 496
    the arena and BG cap will be 496
    this will stop people from using heroic thunderforged items (541) in PvP

Yes and it puts PvP players at a huge disadvantage in open world PvP. Add to that that you can now use PvE gear with hardly any penalty in high rated PvP (in some slots it will even be better because you get more sockets for gems!) and PvE gear will dominate world PvP.
    All in all this is a bad change, a very bad one.

Finaaaaaaaalllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Normalized gear is something that has been wanted since BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Baenesur View Post
    but if the cap remains, there is NO point in keeping playing and upgrading gear in 5.4
    With rating inflation being implemented, if you want titles at the end of the season you will continue playing to gain rating and try and push rating on ladder. People who do RBGs won't have a reason to queue unless they are going for HotH/HotA though.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Yes. They have the same resilience as you do while having about 54 ilevels on you. They're going to mop the floor with you especially if they gem for PvP power.

Yes and it puts PvP players at a huge disadvantage in open world PvP. Add to that that you can now use PvE gear with hardly any penalty in high rated PvP (in some slots it will even be better because you get more sockets for gems!) and PvE gear will dominate world PvP.
    So despite the fact they said gear normalization would take place in certain PvP zones (the Isle of Thunder would be a likely candidate), you are saying that concern over the random world ganking that happens at max level outside of the Isle of Thunder should take precedence over BGs, Arenas and designated PvP zones?

That's a very strange logic.

---------- Post added 2013-03-23 at 07:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Baenesur View Post
    I dont know how I feel about this.
    It sounds quite okay, but if the cap remains, ther is NO point in keeping playing and upgrading gear in 5.4
    Why do you pay to play a game you clearly don't enjoy?

Oh my gosh! Seriously, everyone! Who cares about the ilvl of your PvP gear! It's not like there is an ilvl requirement for Arenas/RBGs or anything!!
    Sylvanas Windrunner is not hot... Change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    why is it to cheat ilvl for lfr? a pvp item of lvl 450 is as good as a pve ilvl of 450. but pve items has a higher ilvl then pvp.
    Because you aren't look at an ilvl 450, you're looking at an ilvl greater than 496. In PvE you have to grind from dungeons up to current tier LFR. Or you can grind current season PvP and use that gear to jump straight into Throne of Thunder. PvP gear is considerably easier to acquire than PvE gear because there is no random chance in the equation. You grind currency and buy gear, you can lose your way into an easier rating and cap conquest, and you get some partial credit (Honor Points) when you fail a battleground. During T14 it was highly recommended that I bite my lip and participate in PvP (and I LOATHE PvP) because the ilvl was higher than LFR, it would fill gaps in my gear at the same time as valor allowing me to gear up twice as fast, and there was really no downside to the stats on the gear. I still get comments that I need to "suck it up" and PvP to upgrade my gear in PvE.

If anything I think the twinks should be the ones freaking out about all this.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Resilience has been removed from most PvP gear.
    If that includes heirlooms there's gonna be some pissed off level 19s and whatever other twink bracket there is.
    Anyone else think Jaime Lannister only has the Kingslayer title because he was just too lazy to kill the king on heroic mode?

The season 13 pvp weapons are ilevel 498. If gear is brought down to 496 that will actually nerf the pvp weapons. The elite weapons will also be worthless. They need to exempt pvp weapons from the ilevel reduction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neronex View Post
    Most likely to prevent people with PvE gear ilvl 549 come 5.3 upgrading to faceroll (along with the 65% base resi change) each and everyone 53 item levels lower.
    True. This is a way to have PvE players scale up quicker than PvPers without creating imbalance.

Though, I'm still REALLY confused to why they're removing resil from PvP gear. I'd have preferred buff base resil to 45% pvp resil or so while reducing the amount of pvp resil by a bit on gear to prevent it from scaling up TOO much in the future. I'm just hoping that in the end we will have a higher pvp resil or the same we wouldve had in 5.3 with or without pvp resil on gear.

The change also kind of supports PvP power stacking I reckon?

The elite and regular tyrannical gladiator's being the same ilevel didn't make sense at first but I'm assuming they're giving the elite higher levels of pvp power to compensate.

The ilevel cap change really hurts personally but I see what they're doing and it's definitely done in favor of balancing the game - anyone complaining loudly about this is just butthurt that they had an unfair advantage taken away from them. Wearing like 1/3 522 pve gear (not even 535 heroic gear!) and 2/3 pvp gear has given me more damage and way more health than anyone in pvp gear, while retaining enough resilience that I don't fall over quickly. That can't be by design,and so they're fixing it.