Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    What makes you think that? Scenarios aren't repeatable.
    There are a few are not repeatable. Many of them are. I believe that most, if not all, of the ones that you group for are repeatable.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    I honestly believe it's just going to be a slight increase of difficulty so that people can get LFR Loot.

What change I would REALLY like to see is bonus rolls for performance in Raids. The bad players doing 20-40k DPS have a next to no chance to receive a thing ( even gold )

I'd rather they have a roll penalty for idiots who come up with shit like this.

Not everyone is going to have insane DPS upon getting into heroics or LFR; not all specs are created equal. Some are incredibly gear-sensitive. You see enough bitching about that on forums, its frankly stunning that this hasn't been drilled through the thickest of skulls yet. By taking away the chance for people to get upgrades, the only thing you are doing is ensuring that their DPS stays low while the people who really DON'T need upgrades get them.

*slow clap* Brilliant.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lfr is the new dungeon.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, they are. And that's why I quit. I don't want endgame to consist of zerg rush scenarios and fail LFRs for 1-2 months just to gear up.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer scenarios to dungeons. You mentioned afks. Its far more likely to run into bots/afkers in dungeons. I just got the 100 scenario achievement this week. Out of those scenarios, I've kicked exactly 1 person for being afk. That is 1 out of the 200 people I've met. Now if I were running dungeons, every 2 or 3 heroics I do has someone who's kicked, alt f4s or just doesn't want to participate. I'm glad they are introducing heroic scenarios. My main is 513 geared now. I don't need the gear from them, but a little more of a challenge is nice when I'm running my daily for valor. More content is always welcome. If scenarios are coming out 2-4 every patch, that's great.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It seems as if they're trying to make "scenarios" the new heroics. I honestly don't even know how many heroics are in MoP without thinking about it. They're adding four new scenarios and now introducing "Heroic" scenarios so people who are complaining about LFR Loot can get loot via these heroic scenarios.

Maybe I'm just weird but I enjoyed when new loot adequate heroics would come out, it was fun farming them. Plus, at least in a 5 man heroic for new gear, 1/3 of your DPS isn't AFK :\ as it's pretty noticeable if someone is AFK in a 5 man.

Maybe I'm missing one but to my knowledge, here's all the MoP heroics

Shado-Pan Monastery
    Scarlet Monastery
    Scarlet Halls
    Scholomance
    Mogu'Shan Palace
    Gate Of The Setting Sun
    Stormstout Brewery
    Temple Of The Jade Serpent
    Seige Of Something Temple

Cataclysm Heroics

Wotlk Heroics

Burning Crusade Heroics

I'm honestly not going to be surprised if they push out the whole idea of "Heroic Dungeons" and move towards scenarios instead.
    The thing is TBC in the end had 16 heroics but for the most part of that expac you only had 15 the 16th came with Quel Danas and Sunwell, so unless you were in a guild (was easier to run a TBC heroic) then you spent most of your time in SW / ORG spamming trade for a dungeon run. WoTLK started out with 13 the last 3 came with the release of ICC and by the end of WoTLK the dungeon became a joke in terms of how easy they were mainly due to everyone being over geared for them with the exception of the 3 ICC ones which had their difficulty turned up a bit..

Cata's one started out ok and for some were a tad difficult until Blizz turned down the difficulty and for the most part of Cata but until the release of 4.1 there were only 9 then 4.1 brought out the converted ZG and ZA to 5 man, and then the 3 HoT ones at the release of DS.

Well scenarios are faster to put together and those saying oh no about LFR level gear dropping from the cache at the end well all the scenarios I have done I have seen about only 5 or 6 476 level epics over 2 toons since they bought that in 5.1 I think.

I unless they change the drop rate the chances are more than likely going to be the same as they are now, or unless the H scenarios become different.. And lets not forget how everyone would grind the 3 HoT dungeons endlessly to get 378 epic gear..

Deleted
    Blizzard keeps masking up scenarios as great time-spenders(because almost lootless is fun amirite) while infact most of them are boring as hell and not even close to being repeatable, running the same heroic for a few days was a lot better than the low odds that you actually get to gear up in scenarios and lfr.

10+ Year Old Account
    More levels of difficulty are always good opens the game up to more people. If people want a challenge there is challenge modes heroics are fine as grinding out for JP/VP for gear though I wish I didn't need to run so many to cap my alt.

Scenarios might be the new heroics it allows blizz to keep adding small group activities without opening up higher tier heroics. The reason they are avoiding doing that is because they had said they don't want tiers to become irrelevant by just farming better gear in 5 mans. Blizz is considering LFR to be a raid progression and for new people to 90 that is giving them a ton to do in later tiers. They will need to run the previous lfrs to gear up to run the newers ones. In 5.3 thankfully they are adding more ways to improve the loot chance.

This may end up being rather annoying gearing up new raiders since you will run the previous tiers a bit if a tank/healer needs it but hey everyone keeps saying TBC <3 was AMAZING and if anyone recalls that is exactly what you used to have to do except now it is far easier with lfrs and bonus rolls and a much better loot table system.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly believe it's just going to be a slight increase of difficulty so that people can get LFR Loot.

What change I would REALLY like to see is bonus rolls for performance in Raids. The bad players doing 20-40k DPS have a next to no chance to receive a thing ( even gold )
    I doubt that Blizz would be so stupid to implement and idea like this.. They like every other company want to keep their customers not drive them away by penalizing them for not performing to others expectations all your idea would do is serve to drive away players.. I mean would you play a game where you got nothing from a dungeon / LFR if you were not up to par on that day.. People QQ enough as it is when all they get from a boss is gold and gold from a bonus roll..

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Yes, they are. And that's why I quit. I don't want endgame to consist of zerg rush scenarios and fail LFRs for 1-2 months just to gear up.
    I really wish people who quit wouldn't state it in every thread ever.This is no big deal, Scenario loot drops are soooo low its just a push to get people to try and enjoy them. People won't skip lfr becaue lfr drops tons of loot.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

I think Scenarios are just simply a lot better than heroics to tell a story. I don't know about you, but the solo scenarios on the Isle of Thunder feel a lot more like playing Wc3 in terms of how the lore is given to you.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like how you compare the total amount of Heroics in an expansion with the current one which isn't even finished yet. All expansions has had 1-3 new Dungeons added in the last patch. Also who cares about amount of Dungeons when Scenario is almost the same thing. You should really count all Scenarios now to the list of Heroics and see the new amount. If you do that you get 18 Heroics this expansion (that we know of since they might add more before next expansion). This puts Mists of Pandaria ahead of all of the others. Shouldn't really matter if its 5man Heroic or 3man Heroic. You could always do 3man Scenario with the setup of one tank, one healer and one dps if you like it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does it come at your expense that a player who is bad at his role might receive loot at the end of LFR?
    It's at my expense and others if said bad player and other, similarly bad players consistently fail; meaning that there is no loot in the first place on account of the fact that no bosses are killed, and all we're left with is lost time.

This has been particularly obvious in the 2nd part of ToT on Raid Finder lately.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR: So how do tanks and healers fit into that? How do you adjust for gear differences? You are seriously proposing that undergeared players and new 90's who simply meet the minimum ilevel requirement should have less chance of gear than overgeared players who generally do better simply because of what they're wearing?

Normal/Heroics: Have a loot council distribute gear according to performance.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    I like how you compare the total amount of Heroics in an expansion with the current one which isn't even finished yet. All expansions has had 1-3 new Dungeons added in the last patch. Also who cares about amount of Dungeons when Scenario is almost the same thing. You should really count all Scenarios now to the list of Heroics and see the new amount. If you do that you get 18 Heroics this expansion (that we know of since they might add more before next expansion). This puts Mists of Pandaria ahead of all of the others. Shouldn't really matter if its 5man Heroic or 3man Heroic. You could always do 3man Scenario with the setup of one tank, one healer and one dps if you like it that way.
    The best thing about scenarios is that you are only in the queue for no more than a minute, compare that with 10+ minutes for a heroic dungeon queue..

Atleast make scenario 5 mans. We have been 5 friends that have played together since frikking vanilla. Now with the new 3 man shit. we need to ditch 2 of us. 5 have been the magical number since the start. Dong fucking change it now

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    It's at my expense and others if said bad player and other, similarly bad players consistently fail; meaning that there is no loot in the first place on account of the fact that no bosses are killed, and all we're left with is lost time.

This has been particularly obvious in the 2nd part of ToT on Raid Finder lately.
    Or you get the vindictive players who pull the boss then bail on the LFR.. Came into one group (left shortly after due to what was happening) where a few players were pulling the boss hoping to wipe the raid due to the group kicking their friend who was needing on greens..

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Atleast make scenario 5 mans. We have been 5 friends that have played together since frikking vanilla. Now with the new 3 man shit. we need to ditch 2 of us. 5 have been the magical number since the start. Dong fucking change it now
    It would be nice to have the option of doing scenarios with 5 people.

i've always enjoyed the scope of 5-mans. i hope they don't disappear. i think the better way to go about it is to replace the position of 5-mans in the current gear-grind with scenarios and find a better spot for 5-mans between challenge mode, LFR and normal raids. some of my best memories of WoW are in 5-mans.

The whole idea is garbage because scenarios as they stand right now CANNOT contain challenging content.... and I am not even talking about a somewhat legit challenge ala Cata heroics (god forbid I mention BC heroics to the casual crowd).

"Why can't scenarios be heroic and represent a challenge worthy of dropping LFR quality loot?"

This has a very simple answer:
    Any content that is intended to be cleared by three dps is not, and cannot be challenging in any sense of the game thus far... simple as that. Heroic Loot Pinata is what the crowd wants, and that is exactly what Blizz are giving them behind this meaningless "Heroic" brand obviously intended to make the crowd feel like they've accomplished something.

If the issue here is that the majority want a quicker model of obtaining loot... why not ask for heroic dungeons with no trash and only a couple bosses then. If they did something like this the time commitment to get your valor and gear would be very short, but everyone would still be exposed to the myriad of boss mechanics that form the basis of WoW PVE gameplay at endgame as well as being granted good opportunity to hone their skills, which I believe would better serve to encourage team-play and self-improvement than semi-afking through a right click snooze fest.