Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    Are the crashes consistent or random? Try to time your CTD and see if it crashes the game after about the same amount of playtime. If the CTD always comes after around X amount of time then it's most likely overheating. In that case you've pushed your system too far either through ini tweaks or loading too many mods at once.

Edit: Actually since your screen randomly goes into sleep mode and you have CTD's I know for a fact that your GPU is overheating. :P
    It's most likely because of dust. Do you know how to clean your computer? Do it!

Here's a guide: http://s1.zetaboards.com/bbenlibrary...3396114/1/#new

And here's a boring video about it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BovgvppZX4k
    Actually I JUST cleaned my computer 2 days ago. And before those 2 days I was only getting CTD's and never sleepy screens. But you're likely right that it's the GPU overheating. I really need an upgrade. I guess I should turn my Skyrim settings down. During the Winter I was running ENB's and HD textures and the whole 9 yards without a hitch but now that its Spring here in Southern Arizona we're already getting 90+ Farenheit temps outdoors.

The only ini tweak I made was for the deadly dragons/ASIS compatibility that was recommended on the mod webpage. CTD's just so happen to occur only on loading older saves. It's weird because it only happens on my saves where I DON'T have my skill trees reset by the new legendary system with the uncapper on. If anything it should happening vice versa.

I'm thinking I might just delete all the mods out of my data folder and start over on both the mod list and on the game itself even though I really wanna get my character to 81 for the first time.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-03-22 at 01:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Actually I JUST cleaned my computer 2 days ago. And before those 2 days I was only getting CTD's and never sleepy screens. But you're likely right that it's the GPU overheating. I really need an upgrade. I guess I should turn my Skyrim settings down. During the Winter I was running ENB's and HD textures and the whole 9 yards without a hitch but now that its Spring here in Southern Arizona we're already getting 90+ Farenheit temps outdoors.
    You call that spring? That's Summer, lol. xD

Anyways, are you familiar with Speedfan? You could increase the GPU's fanspeed and see if it helps.

Just saw your edit. The tweak for deadly dragons only adjust their spawn so it's nothing that *should* be harmful. The only thing I know that might corrupt your save like that is either uGrid set to high(unstable values "9>") or your loadorder has become funked.

Unfortunately I can't educate you on how to work magic on the loadorder as it's very random and makes no sense. xD
    Luckily there is a mod for it called BOSS. Could check it out as well.
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2013-03-22 at 01:36 AM.

I THINK I have the load order fine following along with what the mod authors say. Haven't needed BOSS but I guess I'd might as well try anything.

Also, the monitor going to sleep happens ONLY when I'm blocking an opponent's attacks repeatedly for 30 seconds or more. I think it might have to do with the motion blur quality maybe.

Edit: OH YOU HAVE GOT TO BE SHITTING ME. So I uninstalled Skyrim for god knows what reason and decided to reinstall it a few days ago. Turns out when I reinstalled it had the settings at high (which is fine) but with EIGHT FREAKING EX ANISTROPIC AND ANTI-ALIASING. I'm running a friggin' Nvidia GTS 240 ghetto GPU here Bethesda. I appreciate the confidence in my machine but GET REAL.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-03-22 at 02:31 AM.
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I THINK I have the load order fine following along with what the mod authors say. Haven't needed BOSS but I guess I'd might as well try anything.

Also, the monitor going to sleep happens ONLY when I'm blocking an opponent's attacks repeatedly for 30 seconds or more. I think it might have to do with the motion blur quality maybe.

Edit: OH YOU HAVE GOT TO BE SHITTING ME. So I uninstalled Skyrim for god knows what reason and decided to reinstall it a few days ago. Turns out when I reinstalled it had the settings at high (which is fine) but with EIGHT FREAKING EX ANISTROPIC AND ANTI-ALIASING. I'm running a friggin' Nvidia GTS 240 ghetto GPU here Bethesda. I appreciate the confidence in my machine but GET REAL.
    Hhaha, oh dear lord. Think we found a cause for that heating up then. Still funny as shit though xD

The screen issue probably has more to do with DoF than motion blur, if you use that? Try a performance DoF effect for your ENB or remove DoF altogether. Maybe turning down/off AA and AF solved the issue, if it persist you could try previously mentioned.
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2013-03-22 at 02:48 AM.

So I haven't played Skyrim in a few months. I tend to take extended breaks from games so as to not become bored with them. I'm wondering if I should uninstall all of the mods I've got right now and start over. I know I'm going to need to update SKSE firstly and besides that I'll probably have some issues with outdated mods so I figured it might be easier to just start fresh with some mods. I have a few must have mods of course, mostly Climates of Tamriel and most of the Enhanced Towns and Villages mods as well, and some others that just add to the atmosphere along with some armor mods and body/hair mods maybe.

Whatcha think Mmo-champs?

10+ Year Old Account
    i would reinstall it and update the mods

did they confirm miraak as a nord yet?
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2013-03-23 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I assume that has something to do with Dragonborn? I really need to catch up =3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    i would reinstall it and update the mods

Miraak was a proto nord.. so human or "nedic" or whatever. The human races evolved after the nords mixed with elves or settled in other land. Only the Redguards were an exception.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    I assume that has something to do with Dragonborn? I really need to catch up =3
    lol yup

on the wiki it has him as nord, but u never actually see him and all his cultists are dark elves

Haha, I haven't even bought any of the DLCs yet ^__^ is it bad that I'm more interested in Hearthfire than the 2 major content DLCs? Hmm...

Haha, I haven't even bought any of the DLCs yet ^__^ is it bad that I'm more interested in Hearthfire than the 2 major content DLCs? Hmm...
    Best part about single player games? Others' opinions don't matter.

I personally loved Dawnguard the most even though A LOT of people were disappointed by it. Dragonborn was also great. I never got Hearthfire because I'm not much for player housing.

I actually liked all of the DLC's. Hearthfire is my least favorite but that's only because I thought it was rather limited.

Thing is, Dawnguard and Dragonborn are just more of what you already have, which are questlines, gear, dungeons, etc. You may find them not worth the price, but they're not really something you don't care for playing, or else you wouldn't be playing Skyrim. Hearthfire is something tangential to the main package, so not everyone cares for it. If you're among the ones who DO care for it, no, it's not bad.

Well yeah, don't get me wrong, I love all the quests and regular game play in Skyrim. It's just that I absolutely love player housing =3 I really want to get Dargonborn though, it looks great.

10+ Year Old Account
    dragonborn and dawnguard should have been a package deal. alone they are meh

together they are great. u get the dawnguard epic story line and the dragonborn LOTS OF SHIT to do

10+ Year Old Account
    interesting video lol

I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

10+ Year Old Account
    anyone know of super secret areas in skyrim?

no the black reach is common knowledge

---------- Post added 2013-03-26 at 06:01 AM ----------

i am currently hunting the headless horseman

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Headless_Horseman

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes the Horseman can be found chasing his horse instead of riding it.
    Man, I really want to see that now.

I was fighting two dragons at the orc camp across from Karthspire and was chasing one of them down when I saw the headless horseman.

Needless to say I chased the headless horseman til I died from 3rd degree yol tur shuuls.