Deleted
    When did the patch arrive? Havent played in a while and i lost track of patches.

Spam. -Azshira
    Last edited by Azshira; 2013-03-23 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by makketota View Post
    Anyone know what the dps requirements/enrage timer is for Lei Shen? (both 10 and 25m)
    Going by the fact that he's still up, I'd say probably very harsh. The picture, linked a few pages prior, and the rumours about low percentage wipes further supports that.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Gotta say, I am rather impressed that Lei Shen still hasn't fallen over yet. Looking forward to kill vid
    All it takes is some blizz employee to put couple % more hp to a boss for it to not die.

Asian action! Ground Zero's just hit 11/13. Would be interesting to see people's reaction if they happened to grab a first from Lei Shen.
    WCL

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    Asian action! Ground Zero's just hit 11/13. Would be interesting to see people's reaction if they happened to grab a first from Lei Shen.
    They were also publically streaming their progressions (even their first kill bosses like 9/10/11) so it was very interesting. Even got to see a bit of H-lei shen before they called it a night

Not sure how they do it but I would have expected slow(er) progress on 11/13. Maybe bring in some very competent B team and allow your A team to rest. Because you know none if them have or will sleep during the time they are working on Lei Shen.

Edit: Apparently the Asian guild is sleeping, that is probably as good an indication of any that a world first is coming soon. If they thought they had a shot they wouldn't call it a night.
    Last edited by Amaxas; 2013-03-23 at 07:01 PM.

Anyone have a link to Ground Zero's progression stream?

Quote Originally Posted by BLSTMASTER View Post
    They were also publically streaming their progressions (even their first kill bosses like 9/10/11) so it was very interesting. Even got to see a bit of H-lei shen before they called it a night
    Link to stream pls?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaxas View Post
    Not sure how they do it but I would have expected slow(er) progress on 11/13. Maybe bring in some very competent B team and allow your A team to rest. Because you know none if them have or will sleep during the time they are working on Lei Shen.

Edit: Apparently the Asian guild is sleeping, that is probably as good an indication of any that a world first is coming soon. If they thought they had a shot they wouldn't call it a night.
    They must be really really good if they can beat Paragon/BL/Method with a few days less practice...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atrophis View Post
    They must be really really good if they can beat Paragon/BL/Method with a few days less practice...
    does asia still get twice as many lockouts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    does asia still get twice as many lockouts?
    Not as far as i know. It was only on for firelands i think.

It's probably even harder to compare the Asian guilds to the 'West' guilds, than it is to compare 25m guilds to 10m guilds.

Can anyone here give me any insight into how the Asian encounters are balanced with the extra ilvl in mind? Is it pretty arbitrary, or do they put a huge effort into it?

Quote Originally Posted by Akylios View Post
    It's probably even harder to compare the Asian guilds to the 'West' guilds, than it is to compare 25m guilds to 10m guilds.

Can anyone here give me any insight into how the Asian encounters are balanced with the extra ilvl in mind? Is it pretty arbitrary, or do they put a huge effort into it?
    Last I heard their 25-man encounters simply had 8% health and damage.
    WCL

Deleted
    Would be awesome if he survived another reset. Not for my guild though

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Would be awesome if he survived another reset. Not for my guild though
    That must be sooo tiring for the WF guilds :O

they have to keep trying and the number of wipes they've had on the boss must be soul shattering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not as far as i know. It was only on for firelands i think.
    As far as I know they still have separate 10 and 25man lockouts and 8 ilvl higher. Personally I don't think the small health and damage boost makes up for the huge amount of advantage they have over us. They play a totally different type of raiding over there and shouldn't be counted in with the US and EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Haizer View Post
    As far as I know they still have separate 10 and 25man lockouts and 8 ilvl higher. Personally I don't think the small health and damage boost makes up for the huge amount of advantage they have over us. They play a totally different type of raiding over there and shouldn't be counted in with the US and EU.
    Yup they are considered to be a seperate race by most people.

I don't think they have a huge advantage in terms of gear vs encounter difficulty though.

They have 8% increased health/damage on the bosses that I don't think the extra ilvls cover.

Not sure about the math though, and any personal experience is going to be skewed towards one side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akylios View Post
    Why? It's easier to retune a fight for a different item level than it is to retune it for a completely different amount of players surely. Because with the later they have to modify mechanics and not just damage/healing values.

That said, it's not a good idea to compare any of them directly, they're all separate brackets with separate tuning and separate races..

Quote Originally Posted by laserguns View Post
    Why? It's easier to retune a fight for a different item level than it is to retune it for a completely different amount of players surely. Because with the later they have to modify mechanics and not just damage/healing values.

That said, it's not a good idea to compare any of them directly, they're all separate brackets with separate tuning and separate races..
    It would be a different kind of retuning, and with higher ilvls, stats scaling will be insane and to compensate for that, they will need to make some mechanics even more punishing and such.

Healing will be different there as well. Think of how most things had to 2 shot tanks because healing was too powerful.

Mechanics wise, raid wide AOE burst damage will need to be tuned in regards to the CDs that a raid will have, the maximum health a player can have, and the amount of time it takes for the healers to top the raid off before the next AOE burst.

Think interrupting Jolt in Dark Animus.

Raid health doesnt scale as well as healing(secondary stats), so they can't do too much damage (or else it will require multiple raid CDs per jolt which may not be available) but if the damage is too low, then the healers with better gear will have an easier time topping people off.

From what I've seen in Ground Zero's stream, it seemed like Every Interrupting Jolt brought the raid to brink of death(even with CDs), while on method's kill video it seemed like most people had 30% health.

Of course, I dont have first hand experience and there may have been something I missed in the video/streams and the 2 raids cycled different CDs so it looked like method took much less damage.
    Last edited by BLSTMASTER; 2013-03-23 at 09:07 PM.

Logical thinking => they should not be allowed to kill the last boss until they reached the correct ilvl, thus taking 1 month /hope