Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakamuraa View Post
    Is this doable with all pvp gear?
    Yes , as long you are not pvp hit caped , gemmed , enchant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Lock View Post
    Yes , as long you are not pvp hit caped , gemmed , enchant.
    Yea i bought some pve gear im above 12% hit now so should be good

Just got my green fire. Was about the most epic feeling I've ever had playing this game.

It was insane ... I went on vacation for a few days last week. I had gotten my tome a couple/few days before. I spent HOURS wiping. Only got past first set of felpups maybe once or twice, only got to execute maybe once or twice.

I got back from vacation a few days ago but hadn't had the time for any attempts. Went in today and within a couple of attempts got to 2nd felpups for only like the 2nd time, and more than one percent into execute for the first time. After a while I took a break to cool off so my frustration wouldn't mount again ... came back in and I kept dying to first pups again.

Then I took an even longer break (catching up on Walking Dead I missed during vacation) ... came in and within a couple of attempts I did it ... kill attempt was so insane ... I wasn't quite into execute yet when the imps came out ... and man I'm almost too pumped up right now to even type ... let's just say that by the end I had three fel pups, 60 imps, a Doomlord and a Pitlord on me ... shadowfury+rof+dark soul+ember tab+shadowburn spamming until it was over ... so freaking epic ... omg omg omg ...

Thanks to Xelnath for the work you put in and thanks to Blizz for the final product (may not have been all it could have, but what in life is ? I'll save my complaints about what got cut for another day. Right now I'm just very happy).

What made it for me were the tips about felpup control. Before today I'd tried everything to keep them from un-enslaving and nothing had worked, but today it clicked. Soon as he went to channel their summon I laid down RoF on the portal and ran behind it (for some reason my personal teleport just wasn't working). Conflag+havoc first one, Pitlord charge on second one soon as it spawns + chaos bolt which takes care of them both, leaving only the third. Even if he unenslaves it's no big deal.

Maximizing Pitlord charges and Chaos Bolts (3 of them if at all possible by starting with pre-cast + charge right before it casts) helped me to get him to execute in time. Then my wild ember tap + shadowburn spam during 2nd imp phase got the job done.

Amazing encounter. I thought I didn't have what it takes. Maybe I needed my 502 equipped but I'm so so so glad I didn't need like 510+.

My advice to you all still working on it: just don't give up. Take breaks every few attempts. If after a couple sessions it's not working, take an extended break or call it a day. Use the downtime to read tips and strats. What works for some may not work for you. Take all the advice and synthesize your own strat. Trial and error. Above all don't get too frustrated -- again, take breaks if it starts to get that way. Believe in yourself. You might need more gear than some (I needed more gear than it seems most of the folks here did), but it's possible as long as you keep your calm and don't let yourself make tiny mistakes.

Oh, far as talents, I took Unbound Will, and Sacced my imp. Used my Gateway for temp threat dump a couple/few times ... used Soulshatter right before 1st felpup phase, and again some time I think, don't remember when.

Again, thanks again to all my fellow locks who posted their strats + tips.

I do have one question tho -- I turned in the last quest, I drained Kanrethad -- and I don't see a way to end the scenario without just leaving. Is there something I can / should do ? I've seen people say they have killed him multiple times, i'm guessing y'all just manually exited the scenario and when you came back it was at the stage to kill him again ? I'll leave WoW running until I can hopefully get a response before I gotta raid tonight.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Fucking finally.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Deleted
    finaly down him after 15 hours of trying over the last week + ish

with yesterdays 8% 3% 2.9% wipe i was rly gutted, but just now i 1 shotted it xD with ilvl of 493, still i think this fight is slightly over tuned but meh ones ppl be running in 500+ ilvl it should become easyer, happy hunting for those who still after the tome

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vetdevil View Post

with yesterdays 8% 3% 2.9% wipe i was rly gutted, but just now i 1 shotted it xD with ilvl of 493, still i think this fight is slightly over tuned but meh ones ppl be running in 500+ ilvl it should become easyer, happy hunting for those who still after the tome
    I wouldn't say it's overtuned, people are just undergeared. It's meant to be an epic questline, in a patch where lfr alone bring you over 500 ilvl. :/

It's funny how everything comes together in your head after stepping away from the key board for a bit before going back to it.

Quote Originally Posted by vetdevil View Post

Congrats!

Yeah I doubt it will ever be a complete faceroll this expansion, as the difficulty mainly lies in the mechanics rather then the actual damage required, but I definitely can not see somebody at 500+ ilvl having too much trouble with the boss.

Gear definitely helps. A lot. Being able to handle the mechanics is certainly more important as we've seen the range of ilvls of folks who've done it, but the extra stam plus faster felpup kills can give a ton of breathing room.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

After reading Dat Lock's guide, watching the vids he linked, and also reading Ackthal's guide, I gave it another try! Have 6 more ilevels since last time and it seems to have made a difference, but I also decided to pick bits and pieces from both guides to make my own "way" that worked better than following just one of the guides, at least for me.

After a few wipes I manged to not only get past the Felhunter phase, but during that same attempt I managed to get him to 5%! Been a long time since I had an adrenaline rush like that :P I could've done it if I hadn't gotten all stressed and forgotten to avoid a chaos bolt >.>

In the attempt after that I managed 20% and then 7% after that.. so at least now I have more or less mastered the Felhunter phase, which was my biggest issue. Feeling a lot more motivated now, and will be trying again during the weekend, hopefully I'll get him down.. and if someone like me can do it, anyone can, so don't give up guys!

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I used 2 of Ackthal's macros (the one for /target + /charge, and the one for using the healing ability) and that helped A LOT... I think it's mostly because of those macros that I got as far as I did.

Got it done in about 12 tries, ilvl 502. T14 4pc was irrelevant because I only used Dark Soul for felhunters. Used the demonic gateway positioning as shown in this vid: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Video-ilvl-486

Talents: Soul Leech, Shadowfury, Dark Bargain, Burning Rush (irrelevant), GoSac, and Kil'jaeden's Cunning. I didn't spec into Unbound Will because I had no use for it and I wasn't comfortable with nuking myself for 20% of my own HP. I sacced Imp for the Dispel Magic, which was amazing for this fight. Only took Glyph of Enslave Demon and Gateway Attunement, didn't use Glyph of Healthstone and Ember Tap because I preferred to have quick, instant heals. I would definitely strongly recommend that people attempting this fight have the Pit Lord's charge, fel breath (targeted at the player) and siphon life abilities on macro.

One thing I found that helped me greatly was that you can use the Pit Lord's charge ability anywhere between 2-4 times at the start of the fight, as he doesn't cast Cataclysm till after the 1st Imp phase is over. I'm not sure about how many times exactly you can use it, personally I only used it 2 times, and then I was too focused on killing the imps once they spawned and didnt really make full use of the Pit Lord. You can use it to interrupt his first cast of Ultimate Doom, which will give you an extra 5 seconds or so on the soft enrage.

Imps were handled by waiting till they all spawned, dropping one Fire & Brimstone Immolate on them, followed by a Rain of Fire and the Pit Lord's Fel Breath, and one more Rain of Fire to finish off the few remaining imps. I didn't use Dark Bargain and Unending Resolve throughout the fight - I LoSed every Chaos Bolt with Gateway.

Felhunters were by far the hardest to handle for me. Keeping 4 embers and Dark Soul for this phase is a must! When the boss ran into the middle to do Cataclysm, I would interrupt it with the Pit Lord's charge, then use the Fel Breath to cleanse the first debuff he put on me. After that, I immediately moved the Pit Lord to the far corner of the room, near the entrance stairway. Then I would run to my demonic gateway, pop Dark Soul and smash the 1st Felhunter with Immolate, Conflag and Chaos Bolt. Then I would put up Immolate and Conflag on the 2nd Felhunter, wait till the 3rd Felhunter spawned, put Havoc on the 3rd, and Chaos Bolt cleave them both. By the time the 3 Felhunters were down, the Pit Lord would be just about in range for me to cast Enslave Demon on him again.

Doom Lords were also very easy to handle, I just had the Pit Lord use Fel Breath on them as they spawned while I took the gateway to drop threat, so they were attacking him for the whole fight. For the first Doom Lord, I banished him as the 2nd set of Felhunters spawned, and had the Pit Lord pick him up again after he was re-enslaved.

The fight can definitely be done on lower ilvls and without T14/T15 set bonuses, at 502 I got the boss down shortly after the 2nd doom lord phase, just as he was starting to summon the 3rd set of imps, which I think left me with nearly a full minute on the doom timer. Use Siphon Life over Ember Tap as much as possible, as ideally you want to keep your embers for nuking felhunters and the boss himself. It's also important to stay calm, as there isn't really anything that spells instant death for you other than Chaos Bolt. Always keep a lookout for the Chaos Bolt warning and be ready to LOS it or pop defensive CDs. Black holes and annoying imps are manageable and distractions at best, I screwed up big time near the end of the fight and did the last 10% with 2 black holes up and 1 annoying imp interrupting my casts, so they're definitely not something you should worry too much about even if you mess up.

Good luck to anyone attempting this fight - definitely one of the most intense and enjoyable fights I've had in WoW! Major props to Blizzard for designing such an awesome encounter. And thanks to all the suggestions and tips posted by fellow warlocks here, there were a lot of bits of info that helped me!

Just beat Kanrethad wit a 486 ilvl. Been at it for about 2 weeks. Finally killed him. 1st 3% wipe I Charged a Doom Lord during Cataclysm.....2nd time was a 1% wipe because I forgot to drink a Purification Potion...3rd time was a charm. This boss is insane I'M GLAD THAT'S OVER!!!!!

Over? No no no. You can rerun it for fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    Over? No no no. You can rerun it for fun!
    Or maybe out of vindictiveness.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Has anyone been able to zone into normal black temple once you completed the green fire quest?

I zone into an empty version of the instance and I can't leave except for hearthing out.

Thanks for your help!

Still can't beat it.

Just must suck I guess.

Don't even care, made me hate my Warlock.

Thanks Blizzard.

Sick of this garbage quest chain i really dont see why blizzard made it so hard I have 492il and still cant do this CRAP! Can someone just hit me up on skype and do this for me!?! I am so done!!! I don't care about the ach or the feeling of accomplishment when downing this crap scenario and just want greenfire!! My skype is andrew.green107 if anyone will do this for me id appreciate it!!

Deleted

(Video) Kanrethad Ebonlocke bossfight

So I just killed Kanrethad finally after many hours of strife (took about 3-5 hours in total), and made a video out of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=PMrY3Sjz1Ts

Not intended to educate, I just wanted to share it with those that might find it interesting, possibly as a motivator for those locks who aren't raid geared.

I did this with ilvl 476 (as clearly stated in the video), which is pretty low. I have a mix of blue trinkets, PvP gear, and random LFR items.

Deleted
    Seriously this is fucking impossible. I just can't get rid of the chaos bolt hit. I watched movies and most of the guys that are pretty much "pro" as they say have to deal only with a fucking chaos bolt.
    Let me post a log from my combat:

[21:44:47]Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: BEHOLD! I have truly mastered the fel energies of this world! The demonic power I now command... It is indescribable, unlimited, OMNIPOTENT!
    [21:44:53]Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: You think I've gone too far? There is no such thing. The Black Harvest will enslave the most powerful demons, draw on their power, and destroy all who oppose us, in this world, and on Azeroth! Do YOU mean to stop me, little one?
    [21:45:02]Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: I'd like to see you try.
    [21:45:13]Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: Hah. Your feeble attacks are entertaining. Would you like to see one of my new pets?
    [21:45:19]Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: The Annihilan are incredibly destructive creatures. Their sheer strength and power is absolutely unrivaled.
    [21:45:35]Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: WHAT?! Now you've angered me.
    [21:45:37]Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: The clock is ticking...
    [21:45:39]Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: My power is unimaginable!
    [21:45:47]Kanrethad Ebonlocke begins casting a massive [Chaos Bolt]!
    [21:46:16]Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: Twist in agony.
    [21:46:22]Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: If two imps are better than one imp, what's better than two imps? SIXTY IMPS.
    [21:46:47]Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: Pure... CHAOS.
    [21:46:47]Kanrethad Ebonlocke begins casting a massive [Chaos Bolt]!

That just as a taste for you guys. However I am too pissed at the moment, but for your info I got till the felpups phase and there was another one. Yes 3 Chaos Bolts in less than 5 minutes. Now I can imagine that if you guys have to deal only with 1 CB as some, yes the fight would be much easier.
    The issue is, I can't figure out how to LoS it. I have my portals in the exact same place as shown in most of the videos, but I can't still avoid them. 2 out of 3 CB's are going trough the massive portal frame also trough the damn walls. I even hid myself agains the pilars once just for a test and yes it went trough it. TO be clear, I don't wait from him to releas his CB, I port out before he finishes casting it... yet...
    Can anyone help me with that? Also, as previously asked...is there any way to have a mod show his castbars except pitbull?

Cheers..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dat Lock View Post
    @ Ivvs here is the way i do the this fight 9-10 kills so far