Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    BM in tbc, too complex.

hue
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren

Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    I am sure I will get flamed and yelled down, but wow has become too complex and that is why it is losing subs. Rotations are the most complicated they have ever been for all classes, there are more utility abilities than ever before, even encounters are are the most complicated they have ever been.

The beauty of past wow expansions was that they were difficult, but not complicated.
    Nope, the complains about the game being dumbed down are without base, because yes, the complexity rise, but they balance simplifying some stuff.

So no, the debate about excessive complexity or simplification seem always one-sided and ignoring the big picture.

I can agree in some cases, for example a new player playing an enhancement shaman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Quote Originally Posted by FiL134 View Post
    Which class rotation has become harder than it was in Cataclysm?
    All 3 hunter specs are a bit harder to play because of the new extra buttons hunters got from talents/specs. It's chaos at the start but when you get used to it, it's easier.
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

the only classes that require half a brain cell to play would be dot heavy specs feral and sub. im interested in what your main class/spec is OP?
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Its actually 70 btw and none of them are emote marcos because that would take effort. Yes you can play one with very few, but not master it with very few.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

Complex, no. Complicated, maybe. The rotations for the classes seem a lot easier with just a few more buttons than in the past. I'm just getting tired that every fight has turned into having your entire group choreographed to perform that dance routine from the end of Dirty Dancing to avoid getting hit by the 30+ abilities the bosses keep having. It's not so bad the first few times, but grinding out Terrace of Endless Spring in LFR all the way through trying to get my helm off the Sha (which I finally got the same day that Throne of Thunder opened in LFR) I was perpetually getting more and more sick of Lei Shi and Tsu-takes-too-damned-long. I think they're going overboard trying to make everything a gimmick fight to keep them "interesting".
    Anyone else think Jaime Lannister only has the Kingslayer title because he was just too lazy to kill the king on heroic mode?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of agree.

Granted, raids now are very lenient and you have your pick of difficulty - Heroic (where things are tuned crazy tight), Normal (where as long as you don't mess up the mechanics you will progress) and LFR (where the mechanics are very forgiving). You don't have to play at "max" anymore if you don't want to.

But with the addition of reforging ... you practically need an addon (to iterate the reforge combinations for you) for it to be halfway tolerable to use.

Deleted
    I don't find any rotation particularly difficult myself.. I don't need to look at the bars unless I'm counting down tenths of a second till something becomes active for whatever reason; they're all about a priority, and usually that priority is pretty simple. I've played all 3 specs of Hunter this tier, as well as playing Monk BrM and WW, and have an Enhancement Sham at 87 and none of them are too complex.

With that said, Hunters for sure have a lot of fluff abilities that are unnecessary and just taking up extra binds; Focus Fire, Dire Beast, Lynx Rush tier for starters. WW Monks I feel have a very nice rotation, where the buffs actually feel important and fluid. My Shaman seems to be in the boat of picking up too many cooldowns like the Hunter. I think a lot of the old classes just need a thorough revamp or streamlining.

Quote Originally Posted by hitmannoob View Post
    Its actually 70 btw and none of them are emote marcos because that would take effort. Yes you can play one with very few, but not master it with very few.
    No, you don't, you are just lying, like the OP that always say hes a brilliant mastermind when in truth, he's just a fat kid stuck in the basement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually I think rotations have never been easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    Since when, cataclysm?
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Ok, I almost read all the comments but tbh I am bored of people going on and off regarding the OP and what he is been posting in the past. Lets be simple here, his post makes a sense.

I agree with the OP in the complexity but not regarding the binds etc.

Ive been playing since Early vanilla. I can pretty much say that during my whole wow experience my keybinds were about the same. Ok in vanilla i might have had 25 then in tbc with arena etc around 30 but ye they pretty much never changed.

What it has been changed are the REQUIREMENTS of the community itself. During vanilla or tbc even some of wotlk it wouldnt matter if ur rotation wasnt the perfect or what spec u would use etc. Nowadays there is no chance that u wont respect for a certain boss HC mode if its needed and that u wont play at ur best.

What is really sad about this game is that it has lost its fun times. TBH i still recall days back in vanilla where me and some other guildies that we were playing lan would have a Naxx raid and we would order pizza, eat drink and fool around generally. It was some sort of relaxing and having fun like when u watching a movie for example.
    Nowadays there is no way that you will even BLINK ur eye for a split sec during a HC mode. U need to be aware of everything and be at ur best condition.
    So that pretty much took the fun away of me tbh. Same happened when arenas were introduced in the game. PVP became just a race of mastering every move and play at your best. Yes its fun when u are racing and when ur high rated and when u get ur drake ready to flex it around but in general when u play arena at a very high rating the only thing u gaining from this game is stress and not fun. (Thats my personal experience, fun comes after with the rewards but till then its all about stress and screaming.)

So I really have to blame us, that we progressed as it happens in every game or sport or everything in life and expectations from our guilds and generally the wow community became much higher that they even force u to go to a website learn a rotation pop some addons such as powerauras so u can see when ur procs are up etc.

I personally like challenges but I also like having fun when i am playing a game.

P.S.

For the person that said he is nowadays watching TV while he has his healing addons on ... ok I bet u do that only on raidfinder having someone on follow.

For some other people that stated nowadays the game is easier and more relaxing in order to play it, next time u raid with ur guild rest ur eyes for 15 seconds by closing them and then post a screenshot with what happened

Some other guy that is telling that tanks were harder in vanilla and tbc... hm tanks are tanks my friend, they always had the same job pretty much and the threat levels are depending on ur guild and if u are in hc modes cause then believe me playing a tank will become much more difficult for u.
    Same guy said that the healers were harder before wotlk cata etc... hmh no i could actually go to the toilet in the mid of a boss fight having someone on follow come back after 3 mins and noone would be dead (and all that in a guild that was top back then and now its within top 5). Nowadays u cant even blink ur eye getting it off ur healing addon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    For the classes I play resto/balance is pretty much the same. Prot warrs have the same basic rotation although rage spending is more interesting. Fury is much more involved than it was in cata. All 4 specs are harder to play than they were in wrath by far.

10+ Year Old Account
    While obviously incorrect, this thread is much better than your last one advocating for global mass murder. WoW is not overly complicated. It is far too uncomplicated.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Nope, the complains about the game being dumbed down are without base, because yes, the complexity rise, but they balance simplifying some stuff.

So no, the debate about excessive complexity or simplification seem always one-sided and ignoring the big picture.
    The skill cap has been raised and the skill floor has been lowered to accomedate for a wider variety of people. Any one saying the game has been dumbed down is only giving half the picture.

I would agree that wow has become 'a bit' too complex in regards to both raiding and classes in general... but only a little.

I'd like to see some class abilities/rotations simplified a bit, but I think raid bosses are fine the way they are.

Any easier and it'd be like playing hello kitty island adventure.

I've played every class throughout the game, and every spec (granted, not all of them during MoP, so I can't speak for certain classes current playstyles or abilities) and none have been too complex.

Read a little, practise, read some more, practise more and then you're essentially done for "the basics".
    The next step is to learn how to maximize the usage of certain abilities or cooldowns. This can change depending on the encounter and any gimmicks / quirks it has.

If you apply yourself, and question the mechanics and abilities, you'll be fine.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    Opinions with no facts or evidence make for a great trollbait thread.
    You expected facts in an inherently opinion based post?
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Yes, some classes are complex now than others. If you think all classes are easy or not so complex, you are playing mediocre or playing a class like enhance shaman (while it has all the necessary strings, like a priority system, a proc to watch for, a stack to watch for it is still a basic system compared to some other classes).
    Last edited by ShaanuJaanu; 2013-03-24 at 05:54 AM.