Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I expect its not so much being to comlicated its people not willing to do a lil research about there class or listen (LFR im lookin at you). Blizzard should not have to hold your hand though the entire game experience.

too many actions per minute. just raping your poor keyboard for 5-10 minutes straight

10+ Year Old Account
    My biggest problem with WoW is that there are too many abilities that do similar things. Other than that, I don't feel that it is too complex.

Quote Originally Posted by hitmannoob View Post
    Its actually 70 btw and none of them are emote marcos because that would take effort. Yes you can play one with very few, but not master it with very few.
    master what, you are reacting to the colors of the raid frames, healing is by far the most simplistic shit in this game

serious as hell, post a high res SS so i can see all those buttons
    if you're binding a /tar raidmember to every spell, then you're just complicating it lol
    mouseover macro and the frames = as efficient as you can get

You want a simplified game - the option exists. LFR. You can not look at your keyboard/timers/procs/w/e at all and still win the game.

Some people like a more balanced approach, they want to have a reasonably complex ability roster and some sense of difficulty in killing bosses - these people play normal.

The last group is those who like an uber challenge(not that it really is) - they want to have to learn the complexities of their class down to the bare math and practice their execution to perfection. This people play hard/challenge mode.

It doesn't sound like you so much don't like the game as you don't like there is a level of the game you are not up to playing at.

In pvp healers have to do everything dps have to do plus avoid cc, dispel, and heal. I have to help score a kill with offensive dispels and damage as well.

In pve dps just have to stand in front of the boss and watch his health bar, I can oversimplify shit to.

I have set focus 1-3, target arena 1-3, because of all the goddamn pets.

A large bulk of those marcos are for pvp btw.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

Deleted
    I agree with the OP. There are way to many buttons to press and procs and timers to keep an eye on. I want 4 buttons max, please. And yes, I am a bad player, but I still do enjoy my MMOs.

Deleted
    Hotkey combat feels abit outdated today, imo. It was fine for EQ and vanilla WOW, but today where skillshots (aimed spells and abillitys)and combat types ala Skyrim works perfect in 3d games, i cant help thinking that the next big thing in the MMO genre could be the game wich manages to upgrade combat in rpg games into something skilled and intuitive.
    "Learning the rotation" isnt really a intuitive game concept - specially if you have to browse forums to get it perfect. One of the reason i stopped playing SWTOR - was actual that the number of hotkeys exploded at higher lvl and made combat feels like a typewriting contest instead of the action game it started out as.

MOBA styled games - and partly hack and slashes like Diablo 3 have shown that a handfull abillitys can work just fine, if those skills is engaging, have a powerfull feel and requires a little bit of positioning and aiming from the player.
    One of the things I'm most curious to see in Blizzard's new MMO -Titan, is the combat system. I really hope they are spending alot of rescources to get it perfect.
    Last edited by mmoc20f115c1ec; 2013-03-24 at 08:47 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarglord69 View Post
    I expect its not so much being to comlicated its people not willing to do a lil research about there class or listen (LFR im lookin at you). Blizzard should not have to hold your hand though the entire game experience.
    No research should be necessary. The mechanics of the game should be simple enough so that you pick up exactly what to do and how to do it while playing the game.

And that's why you have simplified versions of your spec's priority lists in your Spellbook.

Quote Originally Posted by FiL134 View Post
    Want facts?

Feral dps, all Warlock specs, Survival/BM Hunter, Shadowpriest all have simpler rotations than they did in Cataclysm. I do not play any other class, so I wouldn't know about the rest.
    Tanking has become extremely easier than what it was in Classic/TBC due to changes in threat-generation
    Healing has become extremely easier than what it was in previous expansions due to healing addons

The game itself has become extremely easier in several other respects (most reagents scrapped, no need for ammo, no weapon specialization, no resistance gear, 000s of flight paths, flying mounts, heirlooms, no attunement, easy-to-acquire gold, LFG/LFR, etc).

Where are your facts?

Which class rotation has become harder than it was in Cataclysm?
    Which healer can honestly say he has a harder time healing in practice than he had in TBC?
    Which tank can honestly say he has a harder time tanking in practice than he had in Classic?
    Which player can honestly say it is currently harder to go around and play the game?

That's how you conduct a conversation. Not with baseless self-professed 'opinions'.

I cannot disagree more...I loathe tanking now, and I did it on 3 different toons, druid/warrior/dk...I HATE the changes they've made...really..back to Wrath please...back when it was more of an engaging role other then "charge in...swipe/stomp/death and decay etc-afk for the rest of the pull on autoattack"

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    Can't speak for anyone else buy my Resto Shaman (my main spec that raided sunwell in TBC) but she would like to say hi!

I was healing with add-ons then in almost exactly the same way.

Except then I used 1 healing spell (maybe 2) now I use 5-6 healing spells and 2-4 cooldowns.

Sorry you really do not have a clue what you are talking about.
    That's not at all true, totem twisting was a thing, downscaled heals and probably more i don't remember, but it was way harder back then, ofc if you just spammed chain heal like you seem to have done, that's just being bad at the game.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    I am sure I will get flamed and yelled down, but wow has become too complex and that is why it is losing subs. Rotations are the most complicated they have ever been for all classes, there are more utility abilities than ever before, even encounters are are the most complicated they have ever been.

The beauty of past wow expansions was that they were difficult, but not complicated.
    The best part of your entire post is the irony between what you say here and your sig. It's pretty clear you don't understand what Einstein meant.

Deleted
    Complexity is the only thing keeping the game alive. Without complexity, any new content would be nothing but a mindless farm fest from the first day it was released. In fact, I grew tired of the game because it was simply too easy to get to see all the content. Without something to reach out for, to look forward to, things become unintersting real quick.

I can see how someone who's never seen much content wishes to see more asap, but after seeing all the content available once or twice what's left to keep them playing?

Besides, you spend weeks of game time leveling and gearing your character before you even get a glimpse of content where actual performance matters in the least. During that time anybody should be able to collect sufficient information to be able to play somewhat efficiently. If further information is needed, reading a guide takes 10 minutes and remembering a priority rotation is a matter of performing it live a few times.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only valid point I can see for WoW being to complex is figuring out dps stat weights. I'm happy someone else does them but I don't see it being fun requiring sims being run for 100k iterations to figure out if mastery is better then haste and ect... to be good at your class.

My 12 year old cousin has learned how to dps with his rogue. Yes, his dps is bad. Yes, he's a clicker. But his dps is good enough for questing, LFR and heroic dungeons etc.
    If my 12 year old cousin with very limited english skills can dps, how can it be too complex?

Quote Originally Posted by Danifilth View Post
    I miss the old days 30 second heals ticks 1 min curses 30 sec dots 1 min sunders 5 min fires now its all 4 second debuffs spamming left and right timers all over the screen diminishing debuffs and so on for 1 mob. Wow turned out to be World Of Headache
    I want to agree with your post 'cause I miss those things too, but I truthfully believe that the current model makes skill at higher levels much more important. For example: two top rated warriors in equal gear could battle each other in equal gear, but the one who uses his rotation more effectively will be the victor. The old model would have been who charged first.

Deleted
    That's why i prefer to play a (paladin) healer: there's no real rotation, you just have to be fast and cast the good spell at the good time.

I don't mind rotations when they just help you dealing with abilities cooldown (like the old 969 palatank rotation from WotLK), so you always have something to press. But having a dps buff to keep up all the time (slice & dice etc. all class have one, sometimes 2) is just artificialy boring. If it's mandatory, it should be passive ?

IMHO difficulty shouldn't come from the rotation, but from your reactivity and awardness: how fast you can move around a boss, avoid the attack, interrupt it, be aware of where everyone/everything is etc.

Some raid bosses, mechanics wise, seem to have completely exploded compared to the past expansions. Others haven't. It's quite a paradoxical path for Blizzard to take, really. Making the game increasingly casual, yet making the raid encounters increasingly bloated with mechanics.

I don't think the classes themselves have become too complex, rather, it has become more possible to fail. Because your rotation isn't 2-3 spells anymore, it's probably 4-7.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblecrush View Post
    too many actions per minute. just raping your poor keyboard for 5-10 minutes straight
    Lol in wow most dont even reach 60 apm.