Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    Why does everyone think Bolvar is still a good guy? Once Ner'zhul gets to him, he'll be just like the Lich King we killed. Arthas was a good guy too.
    Wasn't Ner'zhul supposed to have been "killed off" after Arthas became the dominant personality?

As for Kel'thuzad, he's certainly in a position where Blizzard COULD bring him back if they wanted to, but it's entirely up to them if there's a place in the story for his return. He's probably my favorite Warcraft character, but after how WOTLK handled the scourge, (Both Anub, Arthas, Ner'zhul and Kel), I'm tempted to say I'd prefer him to stay in limbo rather than be given a crappy ending. I'd rather not see a decent character turned to crap by mediocre writing like the "There must always be a lich king" nonsense.

I'd have loved to have never had Bolvar become the "new" LK and instead had Kel'thuzad come back with a vengeance some day as the scourge figurehead, he was left in control of the Eastern Kingdoms at one point and he was incredibly loyal to Arthas, so he had the credentials.

10+ Year Old Account
    People in WoW can be killed, have their head chopped off, get cut into tiny pieces, get eaten, crapped out, then grinded into dust and burned, and flown into outer space and still come back. So I wouldn't say anyone is truly dead with Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like mentioned already, his phylactery was not, as far as we know, destroyed. So chances are he can still return in the future. As a boss somewhere? Maybe, maybe not. But until Blizzard comes out and says "his phylactery was destroyed", I firmly believe he will some day return.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Kel'Thazud was a loyal powerful servant to the burning Legion. He started the Cult of the Damned to create the Legions scourge, and after becoming a Lich helped to bring Archimonde to Azeroth. He says as you kill him in Naxx that he will return with greater power.

Like all evil beings with power, or all in general. The Na'ru won't bring him into the light, so his soul is cast into the Twisting Nether upon death. While in this place someone with great power, or enough to preform the ritual can revive him back into the world.

However a Lich is different, his soul isn't in his body, his soul is trapped with a phylactery. Normally when you kill a Lich this is somewhere near the orb their body turns into and must be destroyed to kill the Lich completely.

After his second death in Naxx, his phylactery is no where to be seen.

Is Kel'Thazud dead? No he is not. Will he return? The Burning Legion most likely has ownership of his phylactery, and they will most likely revive him once they have a use for him if one isn't already in mind for him as it is. It might fall in line with Bolvar being the new Lich King. But who knows.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never trust a necromancer ... After all the death is not the end for them ... it's just the beginning ...

i got nothing against kel'thuzad but you need to remember that blizzard likes to leave stories unfinished think of tott and neptulon
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2013-03-24 at 07:30 PM.

Is Kel'Thuzad dead?
    No.
    He's undead, so he's not alive.
    But he's certainly not pushing daisies.

Here's my rationale as to why I can say that.

Eastern Plaguelands
    In the original Naxx, players were told to not destroy the Phylactery of Kel'Thuzad, but rather sell it to a certain character in Light's Hope. After all, the player wasn't reputed for doing sensible things, and there was a monetary quest reward involved. (The quest text is rather hilarious in this aspect; worth a chuckle).

As a result, Father Inigo Montoy (http://www.wowhead.com/npc=16113/father-inigo-montoy) got his hand of the phylactery, and betrayed the argent dawn by not destroying it. What happened from there is pure speculation, but he vanished from Light's Hope when Wrath was released. Maybe Kel'Thuzad was his father? :P

According to random unverified google search results, Father Montoy turned into Thel'zan the Duskbringer (http://www.wowhead.com/npc=27383). HIS phylactery seems to give quite some credibility to this (http://www.wowhead.com/item=37920).

Lvl 60 Quest: http://www.wowhead.com/quest=9120/the-fall-of-kelthuzad
    Lvl 60 Item: http://www.wowhead.com/item=22520/th...y-of-kelthuzad

Northrend
    There aren't actually any quests that involve Kel'Thuzad's phylactery in Northrend. Kel'Thuzad appears both in the Borean Tundra and inside Naxxramas, but no phylactery exists in the game. I think it is VERY safe to say that we have not seen the last of him!

And just to drive that last point home, here's a twitter post by former community manager Nyorloth confirming it:
    https://twitter.com/Gromweld/status/175423443171426304
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

10+ Year Old Account
    Kel'Thuzad, the live undead sample that shows the true potential of a necromancer and how interesting it would be to play with that class in WoW of once and for all... In the same way that Illidan is an example to follow and a inspiration for the Demon Hunters.
    Last edited by Northem; 2013-03-24 at 08:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i got nothing against kel'thuzad but you need to remember that blizzard likes to leave stories unfinished think of tott and neptulon
    I really hope that they will finish that story later. Maybe with Azshara and N'zoth storylines in the future

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing that really annoyed me about WotLK was the whole deal with Kel'thuzad and his phylactery. It's like they completely forgot that thing even existed.

Hope it gets adressed at some point, so it stops haunting my dreams at times. I want to know, darn it! >.<

Kel'thuzad has to be the new Lich King, overthrowing Bolvar and rebuild the badass Scourge we knew from WC3. Imagine him putting all of the Lich King's armor and helmet on, a lich caster in plate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Wasn't Ner'zhul supposed to have been "killed off" after Arthas became the dominant personality?

As for Kel'thuzad, he's certainly in a position where Blizzard COULD bring him back if they wanted to, but it's entirely up to them if there's a place in the story for his return. He's probably my favorite Warcraft character, but after how WOTLK handled the scourge, (Both Anub, Arthas, Ner'zhul and Kel), I'm tempted to say I'd prefer him to stay in limbo rather than be given a crappy ending. I'd rather not see a decent character turned to crap by mediocre writing like the "There must always be a lich king" nonsense.

I'd have loved to have never had Bolvar become the "new" LK and instead had Kel'thuzad come back with a vengeance some day as the scourge figurehead, he was left in control of the Eastern Kingdoms at one point and he was incredibly loyal to Arthas, so he had the credentials.
    Ner'Zhul is bound to the Helm of Domination, for ever, Arthas didn't became the dominant personality at all, (we can see when we beat him that Arthas was absolutely not controlling himself), Ner'Zhul's voice is probably still echoing into the Helm of Domination, and so, the actual Lich King, even under Bolvar's body is the same as the one we fought on the Frozen Throne.
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2013-03-24 at 10:00 PM.

He either went into hiding in fear of Bolvar, now serves Bolvar, or Bolvar has imprisoned or killed him for punishment for his crimes.

---------- Post added 2013-03-24 at 05:11 PM ----------

I could see Nerzhul trying to use Kel'thuzad to free him of Bolvar or attack Bolvar via telepathic communication.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Wouldn't surprise me if the Legion has gotten a holf of his phylactery, and becomes empowered by Kil'Jaeden, marking his return as a raid boss in a Legion Xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Ner'Zhul is bound to the Helm of Domination, for ever, Arthas didn't became the dominant personality at all, (we can see when we beat him that Arthas was absolutely not controlling himself), Ner'Zhul's voice is probably still echoing into the Helm of Domination, and so, the actual Lich King, even under Bolvar's body is the same as the one we fought on the Frozen Throne.
    Actually, no. Rise of the Lich King showed that there were three personalities within the lich king: Ner'zhul, original Arthas (encountered as matthias lehner in the game) and corrupted arthas. Corrupted Arthas killed the other two, becoming the dominant personality.

Of course, Matthias Lehner showed up again later, but he was severely weakened. Ner'zhul probably still is inside the helm of domination, but it doesn't have full control of Bolvar.
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

15+ Year Old Account
    Isn't Kel'thuzed dead?
    thuzed dead
    Isn't Kel'thuzed dead
    thuzed dead
    No, he survived!
    he survived
    he survived

Red Shirt Guy. We do remember.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by menion View Post
    wrong, its not going to be wrath of the new lich king its going to be Wrath of the Bitch Queen, because sylvannis is doing the same shit arthas was
    I lol'd so hard!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeglo View Post
    I lol'd so hard!
    Wasn't really very funny IMO

Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    Why does everyone think Bolvar is still a good guy? Once Ner'zhul gets to him, he'll be just like the Lich King we killed. Arthas was a good guy too.
    I think arthas being a good guy is highly debatable. He seemed pretty quick to hire mercs to burn his army's ships so they couldn't return home then blame the merc's and have his men kill them and was very willing to take up frostmourne even when muradin told him the blade was cursed.

OT: I doubt it was an oversight on blizzard's part considering in the same xpack they had inigo montoy in game. Though it seems unlikely that the scourge will be back imo.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    I think arthas being a good guy is highly debatable. He seemed pretty quick to hire mercs to burn his army's ships so they couldn't return home then blame the merc's and have his men kill them and was very willing to take up frostmourne even when muradin told him the blade was cursed.

OT: I doubt it was an oversight on blizzard's part considering in the same xpack they had inigo montoy in game. Though it seems unlikely that the scourge will be back imo.
    And then we learn in some book that when Wrathion wasn't playing chess with Anduin he was off poking Bolvar, whispering sweet nothings about waking the Scourge.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?