Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Is this about the 7 billion child tax credit removal republican house plan included?
    What I thought was funny is that with all the cuts that went through with the deadline that cut education, medicare, special programs, and defense, that the republicans immediately went to work on a "special" program for the defense to give them discretionary funding. What's the point of cutting if you are just going to work around it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    22-24 pages is TLDR.

I kind of jumped in. Did I miss some social conservative rant about anti abortion rhetoric or something?

It was if Romney was better then Obama as president even though his term hasn't been all the way through yet.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

"Originally Posted by chadwix

Im seeing republicans and democrats liking issues outside of the partys stance. Myself for example agrees with abortion yet im republican, you cant tell a woman she has to bring a child into the world that she knows that she cant take care of. There are a few examples on both sides, but the party stance prevents any change because they value the base demograph so much (ie, stupid people who vote D or R because its in parentheses)."

You responded to this directly stating "be responsible and don't get preggers"

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will say this for conversation sake. (Since I kind of derailed it)

I consider myself to be somewhat on the right (Obviously flexible with social issues.)

I think the evidence could be clear as day, but I just don't like the idea of blaming outside forces for my shortcomings and misfortunes, much less others.

I prefer to think about what I MYSELF can do in a situation and doing my best at controlling what I can.

So arguments like, abstain or take forms of birth control sit well with me. (Since this is how I feel)

As of now, since abortion is legal, you can also do that to prevent an unwanted child.

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 06:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by h8stylist View Post

Im seeing republicans and democrats liking issues outside of the partys stance. Myself for example agrees with abortion yet im republican, you cant tell a woman she has to bring a child into the world that she knows that she cant take care of. There are a few examples on both sides, but the party stance prevents any change because they value the base demograph so much (ie, stupid people who vote D or R because its in parentheses)."

Doesn't mean i am anti abortion per se. Just saying that taking forms of birth control and absistence are options that could off been taken or attempted to avoid the situation entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I thought was funny is that with all the cuts that went through with the deadline that cut education, medicare, special programs, and defense, that the republicans immediately went to work on a "special" program for the defense to give them discretionary funding. What's the point of cutting if you are just going to work around it?
    I find people who claim republicans gave in to the cuts in the sequester laughable. You mean to tell me, that the party calling for across the board cuts, had to have their arms twisted to pass across the board cuts? I can't even respond to people claiming that. My fingers just don't work when I laugh that hard. Lets just pretend the sequester was not the result of republicans demanding program cuts instead of increasing the debt ceiling. Not like it was for the first time in history, which caused S&P to drop the US credit rating.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    when did i ever say ban abortions?

I refuse to take a stance on abortion until there is universal evidence stating when "life" begins.
    What form would that universal evidence take? A sperm/an egg is life, but I don't think anyone would reasonably consider that when a human life begins. A 56 year old man is also life, but I don't think you could get away with killing someone's grandpa on the grounds that it is an abortion. Somewhere in between is when a human being first exists, and that distinction is totally subjective. There is never going to be a scientific breakthrough that a soul first appears when a fetus hits the 10,000 cell mark or something. I applaud you on the unusually intelligent position that there's no point trying to be 'right' about something until it's reasonable to expect it to be provable one way or the other, but this is one of those things that will stay in the realm of consensus, rather than fact, for a long, long time, and quite likely forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It was if Romney was better then Obama as president even though his term hasn't been all the way through yet.
    Agreed, except for the fact that there is a lot of unrest at the moment with government in general. I personally blame Congress, the president is like the CEO of a major nationwide company. He gets summaries of what's going on (because in a day there is no way you can get the full idea of what is going on) throughout the nation, however, he gets full blame when things go wrong. I am sorry but the president doesn't have a magic wand that forces government to work (literally), and work together.

I currently hold the belief that until that child can sustain life on it's own outside the body, that it is part of the mother and technically "her". Therefore while she is alive, the child is not alive as a separate entity.
    Last edited by h8stylist; 2013-03-25 at 06:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

It's smoke and mirrors... Just ignore it... Mods tend to lock threads when they turn to 'he said, she said'.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed, except for the fact that there is a lot of unrest at the moment with government in general. I personally blame Congress, the president is like the CEO of a major nationwide company. He gets summaries of what's going on (because in a day there is no way you can get the full idea of what is going on) throughout the nation, however, he gets full blame when things go wrong. I am sorry but the president doesn't have a magic wand that forces government to work (literally), and work together.

He's a scapegoat really.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    He's a scapegoat really.
    I liked the Mitch McDonnell self filibuster, after proposing a bill to give Obama complete control of cuts. If Obama signs the house bill, I wonder if he will get credit for increasing taxes by cutting 7 billion from child tax credit and vetoing his own Obamacare.
    Last edited by Felya; 2013-03-25 at 06:19 AM.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's smoke and mirrors... Just ignore it... Mods tend to lock threads when they turn to 'he said, she said'.
    I Probably could of been more specific that way it wasn't misinterpreted as an anti abortion stance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Judging by this OP Salandrin, no one should take him seriously AT ALL from his previous posts. Moderators have called him a troll before and all he is doing is trying to start a flamewar. Don't feed him or any other idiot that think people on welfare are "lazy and low morals". http://www.ibtimes.com/why-conservat...stamps-705776# Pretty much debunks everything Itisamuh and Fox News says. Most of the people on food stamps work for their benefits but thanks to the economy the Republicans helped create they have to work a low paying job that won't pay for all of their rent/mortgage, food, electricity or gas bill. If they would allow some sort of jobs bill to go through, the economy would be better and thus the food stamp users and welfare recipients would go down. Yet the republicans do anything and everything in their power to not help Obama and the country. Meanwhile making them all look like giant tools.

Infracted: Please don't flame other forum users.
    Hey, mods, screw you for infracting that. He didn't "flame". The OP is an obvious troll, and the word "idiots" wasn't directed at anyone else in particular.

The quality of these forums will never improve if you let garbage like the OP slide while banning people for nonexistent violations.
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kojinshugi View Post
    Hey, mods, screw you for infracting that. He didn't "flame". The OP is an obvious troll, and the word "idiots" wasn't directed at anyone else in particular.

The quality of these forums will never improve if you let garbage like the OP slide while banning people for nonexistent violations.
    Then report the OP then. Contact the Mods about certain infractions. Don't say "SCREW YOU MODS." That's not constructive, nor is it mature.

Warrior-Magi

I liked the Mitch McDonnell self filibuster, after proposing a bill to give Obama complete control of cuts. If Obama signs the house bill, I wonder if he will get credit for increasing taxes by cutting 7 billion from child tax credit and vetoing his own Obamacare.
    I thought it was over the debt ceiling. I saw that and I laughed so hard at the speakers resignation when he filibustered it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was over the debt ceiling. I saw that and I laughed so hard at the speakers resignation when he filibustered it.
    Wait....he vetoed his Obamacare?

Warrior-Magi

I don't see how you can get much worse than this joke of an administration however I think Romney may have just turned into another George Bush.

Everything's funnier when jon stewart gets involved.....

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mo...elf-filibuster

Just watched it again, its still (insert expletive here) hilarious.
    Last edited by h8stylist; 2013-03-25 at 06:36 AM.

I'm sure he thinks he'll be a far better president for the 53% of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by kojinshugi View Post
    Quantity > quality. Or something.

Then report the OP then. Contact the Mods about certain infractions.
    Implying this would have any effect on their policy.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Mitch McConnell vote was over the budget. It all relates to the debt ceiling through the sequester.

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 06:47 AM ----------

Wait....he vetoed his Obamacare?
    No, it failed in senate. But, the house budget included defunding Obamacare. As in, Obama won't sign it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurax View Post
    For Romney himself... Italy wasn't really well off ruled by a similar slimy oligarch with questionable ethics and dubious sources of his wealth
    My thoughts as well. Dude has millions in an off-shore account that he won't provide documentation for. Why put the least honest of the two candidates in the White House? I'm not the most ethical guy in the world, but I'm also not trying to take over the United States.