Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Hearthstone Wiki

Hello MMO Champion!
    I created a wiki for Hearthstone, if you want to check it out, take a look here: wikihearthstone.com

There isn't much content yet, since the game was announced only a bit more than 24hours ago!

But if you know something that I don't know, feel free to come by and add it to the wiki - all registered users have the right to create and edit articles.

Also, if you have any suggestions what could be done better, please let me know!

Deleted
    Could fix the order of the classes by first letter. And also, Shamans are on there twice

Deleted
    Will fix! Currently working on the design. Keep the suggestions coming!

Deleted
    lol hehe there is a wiki for everything these days, definitely gonna check this out.

Deleted
    I will create an account later and start helping out as more info gets released

Stood in the Fire TheRealDavidTwo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Technically, a Wiki was already made by the guys at WoWPedia/Curse; http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Hearthstone_Wiki

Thats looking really good so far

Deleted
    3 Wiki's so far. Looking good!

Another Wiki Site - Oh My! Anyone want to help?

www.hearthstonepedia.org

So ever since the Hearthstone Announcement, there are a ton of community sites being created - it's almost like a race!

I decided over the weekend to build a wiki site with a buddy and see if it would take hold and if our interest would wane by the end of the weekend.

Weekend's over and I'm still here scouring for information and editing the site - but it's getting too much a lot of work for a small team and we would like to see if anyone would like to work together with us on building the best and comprehensive site.

I'm a UI designer by trade, so you'll notice the site is very clean and minimalistic - I like the content to be the main focus - oh and no ads all over the place

Here's the site
    www.hearthstonepedia.org

One of the main concept is that we do not want to create a ton of empty pages or pages with minimal information - or where a user has to click through everything to see individual cards. So we have pages like this:
    www.hearthstonepedia.org/index.php?title=Spells

Eventually, there'll be individual pages for each card - but right now, with so little info, the above is a better user experience for browsing.

Hopefully you have a better understanding of the direction of this wiki is heading in from the info above.

So, if the idea of helping out the community, creating a ad-free (that's the goal!) clean and content rich and relevant wiki, being in the race of building a solid HS community excites you, reply here and leave a way of me contacting you so we can chat more!

*You don't have to be a designer or developer to help out! So don't be shy

Here's a shout out to the other Hearthstone Wiki sites (just so you know what's out there and how fast/hard everyone is working!)

www,hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Hearthstone_Wiki
    www.wikihearthstone.com/
    www.hearthstonegame.com/Main

Feel free to ask questions here too!

Edit: Account creation and editing is open to all!
    Last edited by justjimmy; 2013-03-27 at 04:02 PM.

Deleted
    Was trying to use this earlier, you must have been working on it at the time! excellent so far, sadly i'm a bit busy to help out but i'll happily pat you on the back and say thanks!

Currently working on the database/table for Minions. So. Much. Typing! :P Visit back soon!

www.hearthstonepedia.org
    Last edited by justjimmy; 2013-03-27 at 04:02 PM.

Deleted
    I will look and try to post some feedback later!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero_Raven View Post
    3 Wiki's so far. Looking good!
    Yea. The more wiki's the better

I have decided to not create an account just yet, I have too much to do outside of this. But I will read this and the other wiki's from time to time and post feedback.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice work and I've also updated your links in your OP here to make it easier to use.

Thanks for the link Darsithis.

Database updated with Types and now there are tooltips. Hopefully it'll solve a lot of back and forth between pages.

www.hearthstonepedia.org/index.php?title=Minions
    Last edited by justjimmy; 2013-03-27 at 04:03 PM.

Deleted
    Best source I've seen for information so far!

*gives his (humble) approval*

Quote Originally Posted by justjimmy View Post
    So ever since the Hearthstone Announcement, there are a ton of community sites being created - it's almost like a race!

I decided over the weekend to build a wiki site with a buddy and see if it would take hold and if our interest would wane by the end of the weekend.

Weekend's over and I'm still here scouring for information and editing the site - but it's getting too much a lot of work for a small team and we would like to see if anyone would like to work together with us on building the best and comprehensive site.

I'm a UI designer by trade, so you'll notice the site is very clean and minimalistic - I like the content to be the main focus - oh and no ads all over the place

Here's the site
    www.hearthstonepedia.org

One of the main concept is that we do not want to create a ton of empty pages or pages with minimal information - or where a user has to click through everything to see individual cards. So we have pages like this:
    www.hearthstonepedia.org/index.php?title=Spells

Eventually, there'll be individual pages for each card - but right now, with so little info, the above is a better user experience for browsing.

Hopefully you have a better understanding of the direction of this wiki is heading in from the info above.

So, if the idea of helping out the community, creating a ad-free (that's the goal!) clean and content rich and relevant wiki, being in the race of building a solid HS community excites you, reply here and leave a way of me contacting you so we can chat more!

*You don't have to be a designer or developer to help out! So don't be shy

Here's a shout out to the other Hearthstone Wiki sites (just so you know what's out there and how fast/hard everyone is working!)

www,hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Hearthstone_Wiki
    www.wikihearthstone.com/
    www.hearthstonegame.com/Main

Feel free to ask questions here too!

Edit: Account creation and editing is open to all!
    One thing off the bat:
    The links on the left either need a background, or should be lighter. They're kind of blending in with the backdrop (dark-on-dark.)

Couple easy feature suggestions: "Card of the Day" (when card pages are implemented) and a place to suggest, comment on, and maybe rate player decks, strats, etc. or perhaps a deck-builder tool with a linkable deck (which would natrually be complicated)

Thanks for the comments/suggestions.

For the background, what's your monitor/browser size? It's big right? :P Yeah, I was worried that people using big browser/monitors will see the darker outer shade of the background. I will clean up the background image to accomodate for this.

I'm starting to see this wiki for a main resource for a lot of card/mechanics questions. Almost a FAQ for each card/hero ie: If the Druid's Hero ability only last 1 turn (from the gameplay) does that mean the Rogue's Hero ability only last 1 turn as well? etc etc.

We're also working on iPhone app for card collection and deck building, but we want to take the wiki to a good spot first before moving on to that.

Edit: Cleaned up the background! Hopefully it'll provide better contrast now.

www.hearthstonepedia.org
    Last edited by justjimmy; 2013-03-27 at 04:03 PM.

Deleted
    Hey Jimmy, no link to equipment cards in navigation on the left, have to go to the main page and navigate from there. hope it helps a little buddy.

Thanks for catching that. Updated!

Also in the process of creating individual card pages and cleaning up hero/class section!

www.hearthstonepedia.org

---------- Post added 2013-03-27 at 12:02 PM ----------

Big update. Each individual cards now have their own page!

All known cards have been entered (now working on images - Illidan Stormrage is the only one with special treatment so far :P)

Also started a glossary page for common used terms and words in CCG/TCG.

Feel free to offer ideas/suggestions/feedback!