Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldarian View Post
    well i started doing Challenge mode runs and tank DK now all goes wel until we wanne chainpull

pack 1 :diseases followed by blood boil to spread em d&d to hold em and pack goes down ( keep 1 or 2 alive)
    pack 2 : blood boil to further infest the diseases and then d&d .... oh wait its on cd run around like a idiot using dark command and death grip

is there nothing from blizz side to give dk's a sort of multitaunt or remove d&d cd ? all other tank classes have some sort of "aoe" taunt
    maybe take away soul Reaper on bloods and give us some sort of mass taunt.
    We don't need a multitaunt. All you need to do well in your challenge modes is roll diseases/blood boil when it's up and teach your dps to assist off your target because your single target threat will always hold them too you.
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Considering Battle Horn item (wowhead.com/item=86565) — it does not taunt. It's like a mass pull thingie. Tried it on Horridon HC last night and it's completely useless.

Considering Horridon itself — it's hell on earth for a dk to be an add tank. You either drop active mitigation to blood boil everything around to just keep on par with all those multidotters trying to steal your vengeance or see people dying. What would really help - lower CD on D&D.
    (That applies only for 4th gates, though)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antizycle View Post
    Considering Battle Horn item (wowhead.com/item=86565) — it does not taunt. It's like a mass pull thingie. Tried it on Horridon HC last night and it's completely useless.

Considering Horridon itself — it's hell on earth for a dk to be an add tank. You either drop active mitigation to blood boil everything around to just keep on par with all those multidotters trying to steal your vengeance or see people dying. What would really help - lower CD on D&D.
    the dps should be focused on one target on each door so picking up the rest should be easy enough, in 10 man without a hunter can be abit annoying but not really a major challage. if you have 1-2 paladins with double bops. you should be able to just sit on the boss and let the other tank have all the doors. taking 15-20 stacks is easy so just get a bop around there with a cancel aura and g2g.

as for the challange mode - you dont need d&d to hold threat as you said you are saving 1 mob with dots on to spread with crimson scurge so should be childs play just 1 BB and threat is yours. maybe need taunt 1 mob that a dps is nuking with cds but it should be that hard. if you are having trouble get more hit/exp or idk. the fact is that you dont need to save death runes for DS just pop a minor (boneshield VB or any other of the 10000 cds we have) and then BB spam - 1 ds = 2 bb so yeah easy threat. ofc if there is less than 4 mobs HS XD

CM dungeons are more about planning where cds, DS or more dps are needed - should just plan ahead when you know what packs are coming

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatehawk View Post
    the dps should be focused on one target on each door so picking up the rest should be easy enough, in 10 man without a hunter can be abit annoying but not really a major challage. if you have 1-2 paladins with double bops. you should be able to just sit on the boss and let the other tank have all the doors. taking 15-20 stacks is easy so just get a bop around there with a cancel aura and g2g.
    We have full plethora of multidotters in our raid team, you cant simply force them to single target Our 2nd tank is paladin so it would be so much easier to him to do doors due to completely overpowered Consecration (no CD, high dmg and threat multiplier) plus holy and retri paladins, so, yeah, gonna insist on me doing Horridon next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Antizycle View Post

Thank god I'm not the only one! I was on tanking duty last night for the first time on Horridon on my DK and had an awful time picking up the adds compared to our Pally tank. I was actually going to post on here if anyone had any tips but it seems the only tip is to get the DPS to single target - which is far easier said than done. In the end we tried just leaving me tanking the boss with the Pally HoP away my stacks - the only problem was we didn't have enough Pally's to do that after the 2nd gate.

I've had trouble picking up Horridon adds in LFR on my DK, but it's LFR, so who cars. My main is a hunter on H-Horridon, though, and we have to misdirect/tricks specific adds to the add tank to even get them there. Last week it was a bear because our MT (a blood DK) was out on business. That's nightmarish enough, at least our DK will have DnD every 24s. The wave of two big adds spawn about 25 yards apart, all the while spawning adds from the door which is another 20 yards away. I don't see how anyone who isn't a warrior or maybe a monk could keep up with all those adds from all those different directions. Immobile as hell DKs? Good luck, have fun.

We finally got Horridon HC yesterday. Tried to swap tanking roles (prot pala on adds and me on Horridon), but that didnt work at all in both ways - lower overall dps and higher overall tank dmg (I really cant see how that can be, to be honest). So I was thrown in the maw of add tanking hell yet again :) And I can say its totaly possible to be an add tank without any major problems.
    Few tips:
    1. Tell your dps not go nuts on freshly spawned adds right away. There are usually plenty off adds to kill around.
    2. If there are any hunters or rogues in your raid they should save MD/Tricks for double big adds. There should be no problems with picking up other adds.
    3. Save Death Grip for double add spawn so u can just Dark Command one and Grip other.
    4. Usually I tank adds at somewhere close to gates and drop D&D when first big adds is about to die. That helps with picking up small adds coming from behind and double big adds. Then I move to the Dinomancer spawn location to pick it up and start kiting everything to next door. At this moment it should be no problem to taunt/grip new small adds.
    5. Save your unglyphed army for either 3rd or 4th gates:
    - On 3rd gate it would help to avoid rly hard dmg if your dps cant focus down first Frostlord fast enough and it (army) will intercept small adds here and there. Everything will be pretty much piled up so your ranged could just aoe down everything. Downside: your melee wouldn't be able to dps Frostlords due to Frost orbs (but, on other hand, they can just obliterate all those warriors and champions); army will collapse quite quickly and it will not do much dmg.
    - On 4th gates it will do more dmg (than on 3rd gate) at one side and help you with picking up everything on other. But your dps should still use default prio list and not aoe all 3 warbears at once :) Downside: 4th gates are messy enough and army will just make it even worse.
    6. Be ready to trow a Death Coil. Good Death Coil might work as a taunt. Same with Icy Touch.
    7. Glyph/Talent wise I used:
    • Glyph of Outbreak - helps with keeping deseases up 24/7
    • Glyph of Pestilence - must have on any aoe fight
    • Glyph of Death Grip - extra 5 yards? yes, please
    • Roiling Blood - no comments
    • Purgatory - must have for the Rampage phase
    • Death's Advance if you really like to run around alot / Asphyxiate for an extra stun (Bloodlords and Warriors can and should be stunned as much as possible)
    • Death Siphon - as an oh shit/off tanking heal. Does tremendous amounts of healing in Rampage phase, but Death Strike still better - HUUUGE healz and even bigger shields (you can even cap it with one Death Strike)

ps. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong but I keep loosing aggro to our prot pala if he trows either hammer or consecration under fresh adds even if I spam rune strikes like a crazy. I feel completely underpowered when I compare hammer/consecr dmg with my D&D...

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    When I tanked Challenge Modes on my DK, I was top overall dmg, and I never really lost aggro. If it happens, you have 1 taunt and 1 fixate (DG) as backup.

Your vengeance is high, because of the high ammount of dmg you take.

I would argue DK's are the best tanks for CM, so I don't really see where your coming from :P
    Both your taunts are fixates as well as taunts.
    DKs are also the only class with two taunts from memory? Disregarding mocking banner.

DK AoE threat is ridiculous though, if you're losing threat, spam more blood boils, it's nearly impossible to lose threat when you're spending your runes on AoE instead of Death Strike. At worst, target a mob before it drops threat and put some single target into it if you're losing the odd one mob.

---------- Post added 2013-03-30 at 01:03 AM ----------

Although I do agree that DnD should be reduced back to its' Wrath incarnation for CD since Paladins have their Consecrate on a 10sec CD now.
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.