Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    With them reducing the buff costs to near zero, makes you wonder why they dont just make them passive. I'm really tired of asking the mage to cast crit buff .

Quote Originally Posted by Nazmina View Post
    Very much this. People need to stop going crazy everytime mmo datamines new notes, the ptr isnt even available yet, most of the stuff is tooltip bugs, changes, ect. wait until we can get on the ptr before losing your mind.
    If drain life was just a tool tip correction.. i swear i don't see it healing :P
    too low of a heal. Or is it that the 50% increase healing only aplies under certain conditions, like soul burn? (i think it's with soul burn only)

Check the Demo thread, GoSac was pulling ahead for Demo with the Lei Shen trinket. It's unfortunate but Demo really shouldn't be a petless spec. The alternative I guess would be nerfing the proc rate of the trinket for Demo but I don't think the trinkets have spec-specific proc rates like the legendary gem. It'd be a hassle whereas nerfing Demo GoSac is much more straightforward.

I'm more intrigued by GC's tweet about how GoSac being a CD would fit the system more. I'm not sure how many people remember but that's kind of how GoSac worked in beta. The GoSac buff was strongest when you originally sacced the pet and got weaker over time. However, the main complaint was that it basically required resummoning your pet over and over throughout a fight, no small penalty with the long cast time.

I think a good medium then might be using the instant pet summon mechanic with GoSac and making it a single target CD. Leave GoSup as is for passive DPS gain. Perhaps improve GoServ damage to make it good as a DPS CD with the added pet utility, and allow the pet to be commanded to attack a chosen target, making it good for cleave situations, like Dusk phase on Twin Consorts. Then redesign GoSac to be a DPS CD, you sac your pet to get the single target buff for X seconds with Y minutes CD. I'm thinking maybe 20s buff, 3min CD? I'm thinking more than 2min so you can't line it up with every DS. It'd be tough to balance still but if the modifier was low, it could be made competitive with GoSup and the choice would just be passive vs burst. And when the buff fades, your pet is resummoned instantly. The mechanic is there, I just don't think it should cost resources like SB: Summon/Flames of Xoroth/Meta summon.

Deleted
    Having an actual SB:SS is something I'm looking forward to. Nothing more annoying than accidentally withdrawing your DoTs/using one Soul Shard too many.

I think it's about time they change/buff archimonde's vengeance........

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    I think it's about time they change/buff archimonde's vengeance........
    Just archimonde's vengeance? *snicker* They should bake the aoe stun rof had back into mannoroths fury. Also sac grimoire being a cd... *shudder*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Just archimonde's vengeance? *snicker* They should bake the aoe stun rof had back into mannoroths fury. Also sac grimoire being a cd... *shudder*
    Indeed. I like having Sac as a talent to switch to on fights where our pets are buggy. Making it a CD would defeat that purpose, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    AV is there for nothing, i really can't remember the last time i used it... maybe it was on 5.0 Feng.
    It's totally useless talent, the least they could do is improve CD to 1min again, or boost damage reflect to 50% on a 2min cd.

MF i yet know of some people that can work with it, but AV ............

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    With them reducing the buff costs to near zero, makes you wonder why they dont just make them passive. I'm really tired of asking the mage to cast crit buff .
    NONONONONONONONO!

Buffs are ALWAYS better than auras. You can outrange Auras, but buffs are always on you.

It may not matter as much in 25man because you have so many more people, but in 10man anytime the raid is split up (Sha) you're pretty much guaranteed to be missing buffs because of auras.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    Indeed. I like having Sac as a talent to switch to on fights where our pets are buggy.
    ^As long as pet mechanics are prone to failure, Sacrifice has a place in the game.

I just don't see GoSac as a CD having enough distinction from GoServ unless the latter was reworked.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2013-03-26 at 12:53 AM.

Deleted
    3rd spec. Finally. That took them some time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yalin View Post
    3rd spec. Finally. That took them some time.
    Yeah, I never really saw the attraction to it, changing specs is easy enough, but I'll take it. I'll use it to make a Demo spec I'm still not going to use much cause I'm not gemmed/reforged for it.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Yeah, I never really saw the attraction to it, changing specs is easy enough, but I'll take it. I'll use it to make a Demo spec I'm still not going to use much cause I'm not gemmed/reforged for it.
    I just found it annoying to go back to a capital city and fix all my keybinds every time I wanted to really switch specs. Just a nice little added convenience, not as big a deal as some are making it out to be. It'll be nice to have Demo there in cases of fights where it's really strong. I think it's a little less useful for classes with 3 roles and who don't want to keep too many gearsets.

Of course, as with any change to the game, I think there as a thread over in General that proclaimed it was a terrible change that might borderline ruin the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Third spec is gonna be great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post

I just don't see GoSac as a CD having enough distinction from GoServ unless the latter was reworked.
    Agreed, unless they made GoSac a 1min CD and Serv a 2/3 min CD, or potentially vice versa so you have passive, cooldown but relatively short and requires constant usage, and long but powerful cooldown. But I wouldn't be in favor of that myself for many reasons. I don't even know why anyone would pick Sacrifice as a cooldown, unless your Demon comes back at the end automatically, but is that still "Grimoire of Sacrifice" or "Grimoire of Sending Your Demons to Summercamp for a Week"? Still, Sacrifice does suit the general tone of the class, if a little overused (I don't use it myself, mostly Service, but I'll defend Warlocks rights to have it with my life)

On another note, the ability to switch between all three specs will be nice, if only because I love all three Warlock (and Mage) specs equally. I doubt it'll just be handed to us, IMO probably going to be to a modern player what dual spec was to the Wrath player back in the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Ultima View Post
    I doubt it'll just be handed to us, IMO probably going to be to a modern player what dual spec was to the Wrath player back in the day.
    I doubt it. Gold sinks like that are a thing of the past. They've changed the way they work before because it wasn't productive, and barely mattered as a gold sink, so why would they go back to such a system? Tri-spec is nothing sexy, so people will always resent having to pay gold for something that most people getting it will deem a necessary feature.

The only reason I'm excited for tri-spec is so I can show off green fire when and how I so choose.

I predict it starts out somewhat expensive (1-5k) then gets nerfed in a patch or two, and threads pop up of people asking to be reimbursed for the difference
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Three specs are just a convienience. With that and the reforge mount i will be able to test specs on progression fights without the need of going to a capital city. If only i werent gimping my affliction spec with int+mastery gems..

Excited for the third spec. Before I was raiding as Affliction, doing arena as Demo and RBGing as Destro. It was getting annoying respeccing daily.