Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Macro'ing Bloodbath to DragonRoar and CS?

Should I macro in Bloodbath to dragonroar and colossus smash? I never use DR while CS debuff is up, and use CS nearly on cooldown as it fits, so it would allow for maximum uptime on BB without adding another off the gcd button for me to manage.

good idea? bad idea? should I just go Avatar and macro it in to recklessness?

New to fury, I'm usually a tank.

Deleted
    DR ignores armor, you don't want to macro it to to CS.

DR and CS are both on the global cooldown. Can't do that. DR and BB macro is correct, though. Make sure BB is first in the macro.

Bloodbath won't affect Dragon Roar so "buffing" DR with BB doesn't make sense at all, same thing with CS for DR. I suggest you use all 3 separate. Macro'ing everything together locks you up too much imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulleh View Post
    Bloodbath won't affect Dragon Roar so "buffing" DR with BB doesn't make sense at all, same thing with CS for DR. I suggest you use all 3 separate. Macro'ing everything together locks you up too much imo.
    DR while under BB buff will apply the bleed. You're wrong.

Deleted
    yeah, but DR stack into BB dot? so allways BB -> DR..

Quote Originally Posted by Eluo View Post
    DR while under BB buff will apply the bleed. You're wrong.
    This was true during the Beta but now it only applies to melee special attacks. So using BB followed by DR is just a waste of a global. Using Dragon Roar with Skull Banner being up how ever is definately recommended.
    Last edited by Lulleh; 2013-03-25 at 09:59 PM.

This was true during the Beta but now it only applies to melee special attacks.
    I just tested it on the dummy popped bloodbath and used dragons roar nothing else.
    Bloodbath did do damage.

And bloodbath isn't even on the gcd so i'm not sure how it's a "waste of a global".
    Last edited by itsdub; 2013-03-25 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crete View Post
    I just tested it on the dummy popped bloodbath and used dragons roar nothing else.
    Bloodbath did do damage.

And bloodbath isn't even on the gcd so i'm not sure how it's a "waste of a global".
    If my previous statement is true, yeah, it's a waste as using the actual DR triggers the global. If I am wrong how ever.. actually can you link the dmg for this?

Deleted
    http://i.imgur.com/u5VlAtf.jpg
    only BB+1DR and surpriiiiiseee, its doing dmg...

Yeah i thought about it your way after i said that as if it didn't affect DR.

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ividpnvje4bouzfl/

10+ Year Old Account
    If my previous statement is true, yeah, it's a waste as using the actual DR triggers the global. If I am wrong how ever.. actually can you link the dmg for this?
    I think for most of beta DR didn't trigger BB but I've tested it during T14 and it does cause a bleed effect. It's easy enough to check on a dummy and change your macro accordingly.

nah I dno, I was so sure lol. Will have it changed, thanks for the heads up. And to answer the OP which was why I actually came here; Yes and no, you can macro BB and DR (with BB being first). Use CS separately.

I'm pretty sure he's asking if he should macro Bloodbath to CS and DR separately, as obviously CS and DR in the same macro won't work. I say it is not ideal, since there are instances where you will want to delay Bloodbath a full CS, like before execute phase, if you are on an add that will die before you get the full benefit of the dot or if you know a lot of burst will be needed in 20 seconds (war god on horridon heroic for example).

In a straight up fight it probably won't matter since you always want to pop BB right before DR or CS anyway, it just gives you less options for certain situations where it might be beneficial to not use Bloodbath as soon as it's up.

Agreed, got 2 separate macros with DR alone (with Frag Belt hence macro) and one with everything -Reck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Name the macro T60

#showtooltip
    /cast Bloodbath
    /cast Dragon Roar
    /cast Shockwave
    /cast Bladestorm
    /run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("T60", G"Bladestorm" or G"Shockwave" or "Dragon Roar")

take it and go!

10+ Year Old Account
    This was true during the Beta but now it only applies to melee special attacks. So using BB followed by DR is just a waste of a global. Using Dragon Roar with Skull Banner being up how ever is definately recommended.
    Why the hell do people keep on spreading this BS? It has ALWAYS on live spread the dot of BB when you cast DR. Go test it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Why the hell do people keep on spreading this BS? It has ALWAYS on live spread the dot of BB when you cast DR. Go test it yourself.
    I know that now, I made a mistake. Just check my second last post.
    Last edited by Lulleh; 2013-03-26 at 01:17 AM.

One thing to consider if you are macroing Bloodbath to DR, is that if your trinket has like 8 seconds left on the ICD and you pop your macro then follow it up with a CS window, you could be losing out on a lot of extra DR damage. I usually pop DR right after Bloodbath then go into CS rotation, but if I see that my trinket ICD is about to come off cooldown, I do the CS rotation first then pop DR after the trinket procs but before Bloodbath runs out. With the valor trinket the difference in DR damage is very substantial.

All in all, macroing abilities with each other is almost never optimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokugan View Post
    Name the macro T60

#showtooltip
    /cast Bloodbath
    /cast Dragon Roar
    /cast Shockwave
    /cast Bladestorm
    /run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("T60", G"Bladestorm" or G"Shockwave" or "Dragon Roar")

take it and go!
    Not sure why anyone would even bother with this macro, considering SW and BS are both on different CD lengths than BB....