Whats a good trinket to pair with Unerring Vision? I currently have that and Breath; I can buy valor trinket and probably get Wush this week if those are better choices.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikaeo View Post
    Whats a good trinket to pair with Unerring Vision? I currently have that and Breath; I can buy valor trinket and probably get Wush this week if those are better choices.
    Tbh I wouldnt even bother with Unerring Vision for destruction. Having 100% crit immolate and RoF sounds pretty lame comparing to what demonology and affliction can do with that trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    The Destro APL is fine as far as I know as well. Affliction APL had 1 like removed that you can put back in to "fix" the APL that just checks for the new trinket procs to reapply dots.
    The Destro APL is pretty terrible - I wish someone competent with Simcraft could write something to model ember pooling for DS or Int procs. Potentially, that could change everything assumed from GoSac vs GoSup to secondary stat weights/priorities since the emphasis would be greater Ember consuming spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Simplexity View Post
    The Destro APL is pretty terrible - I wish someone competent with Simcraft could write something to model ember pooling for DS or Int procs. Potentially, that could change everything assumed from GoSac vs GoSup to secondary stat weights/priorities since the emphasis would be greater Ember consuming spells.
    If only the default APL would consist something along:
    Code:
    actions+=/shadowburn,if=ember_react&active_enemies=1&(burning_ember>3.5|buff.dark_soul.up|target.time_to_die<10)
    actions+=/chaos_bolt,if=ember_react&target.health.pct>20&(buff.backdraft.stack<3|level<86)&(burning_ember>3.5|buff.dark_soul.remains>cast_time|buff.skull_banner.remains>cast_time)
    Oh wait, it does already!

Might want to add your trinket procs at the end if they're powerful enough though. For example - for wushoolay's:
    Code:
    actions+=/shadowburn,if=ember_react&active_enemies=1&(burning_ember>3.5|buff.dark_soul.up|(buff.wushoolays_final_choice.react>8&buff.wushoolays_final_choice.remains>cast_time)|target.time_to_die<10)
    actions+=/chaos_bolt,if=ember_react&target.health.pct>20&(buff.backdraft.stack<3|level<86)&(burning_ember>3.5|buff.dark_soul.remains>cast_time|buff.skull_banner.remains>cast_time|(buff.wushoolays_final_choice.react>4&buff.wushoolays_final_choice.remains>cast_time))
    Which for my gear is a gain of ~1.4k dps - going from 142421 to 143854.
    Last edited by whi; 2013-03-26 at 09:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally think that the best trinket to pair with Unerring is Cha-Ye's Essence of Brilliance as that trinket requires crits to cause it to proc. So if you apply an immolate and ensure that RoF is up during Unerring's proc, the chance that Cha-Ye's is going to proc goes up be a decent amount (now this is certainly not 100% but as we get more haste the chances scale with it so it makes haste much better).

I believe that the proc of Breath is the same as Ch-Ye's but it needs periodic hits and we don't have nearly as many dots as aff to make it too worth while imo (though if it's like Light of the Cosmos it should still be pretty decent as RoF was procing that trinket).

Wushoolay's is still pretty amazing if you're managing your embers to line up 2 at 9 and 10 or 3 at 8, 9, and 10 stacks but becuase the trinket has to build up to 10 and before it can proc and again and when it does it starts back at 1, I personally don't think it's proc is as good as the other 2 trinkets that instantly start at about 7 or 8 stacks of Wushoolay's and jsut stay there for their whole duration. Not to mention that they can chain proc and just refresh themselves which is completely impossible for Wushoolay's to do.

But I believe that any of the other trinkets is better than the Valor one for Destro as all of the other ones have int procs which as so much better for lining up more powerful Chaos Bolts (I've tested CB with Dark Soul and no procs and just procs with no Dark Soul and the plain int procs make Chaos Bolts by far do more damage than just DS).

Quote Originally Posted by yalin View Post
    Tbh I wouldnt even bother with Unerring Vision for destruction. Having 100% crit immolate and RoF sounds pretty lame comparing to what demonology and affliction can do with that trinket.
    I thought this as well at first but when I got Unerring it's rather amazing the difference that it makes based on when it actually procs. For Example here's two different attemtps on H-Jin'rokh of pretty much the same length (3:58 for the first and 3:49 for the second):

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-dc...=14856&e=15094

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-dc...=14521&e=14751

On the first parse my DPS was 163,194.4 (Chaos Bolt did 15,973,347 total damage) and the second 179,666.2 (Chaos Bolt did 19,874,635 total damage) and the second parse was 9 seconds shorter. This is because on the second parse Perfect Aim, the buff of Unerring, proced 3 times (once in the pool and then twice in a row in the pool) and caused 2 of my Chaos Bolts to hit for 2.22 Million damage each.(not to mention the dot applied by GoSac as our warlocks dispell themselves) While on the first parse it procced before the first and second pools (Wushoolay's even proced 4 times on the first parse compaired to 2 on the second).

Now granted it's really unfortunate that our dps can very so much depending on lucky procs (the difference between these 2 attempts is 16,472 dps) but this trinket makes a huge difference not only for Chaos Bolts but when paired with Cha-Ye's (which I just recived today and got to try it out a bit on Iron Quon, Twin Consorts, and Lei Shen) it makes a pretty decent increase in procs or chain procing Cha-Ye's. Especially when you aren't actively stacking crit, which I am not but rather I'm going Mastery == Haste > Crit and getting a ton more crit by trying to get crit on all of my gear and forging out of it.

I was doing Mastery > Haste >> Crit but Haste is too good with the increased proc chance or trinkets (you will need it with Unerring) and Crit is of course not only a point for point increase on Chaos Bolt, but also ups the chances that Cha-Ye's will proc from passive crits. So far I've gained 2,000+ crit from switching from 4 pc T14 to 1 pc T15 and 3 off pieces (not to mention I'm currently forging out of 2,864 crit). Armory
    Last edited by McDareth; 2013-03-26 at 09:49 AM.

Deleted
    Wushoolay's is still pretty amazing if you're managing your embers to line up 2 at 9 and 10 or 3 at 8, 9, and 10 stacks but becuase the trinket has to build up to 10 and before it can proc and again and when it does it starts back at 1, I personally don't think it's proc is as good as the other 2 trinkets that instantly start at about 7 or 8 stacks of Wushoolay's and jsut stay there for their whole duration. Not to mention that they can chain proc and just refresh themselves which is completely impossible for Wushoolay's to do.
    What I like a lot about Wushoolay's is that it lets you build embers during the weaker part of the proc before casting big Chaos bolts at the end when at max power, while the two others have the same power during all their duration. And Cha'ye's proc is very short, if you don't already have embers to spend it is basically wasted.

I had started (yeah it's pretty annoying to do ) to list logs from Worldoflogs to see real world numbers on the different encounters, it isn't statistically reliable but it can give an idea of the uptimes to expect :
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...uSGdscFE#gid=0
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2013-03-26 at 10:41 AM.

Deleted
    What addon you guys use to track trinket procs. For example Unerring Vision is 4 sec. I cant really check my buffs to see when he's up..

Deleted
    Brusalk has some bloody siren go off and a large graphic at the top. I'm guessing it's a weakaura? Not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Brusalk has some bloody siren go off and a large graphic at the top. I'm guessing it's a weakaura? Not sure.
    LOL yeah. Weakaura :P

I believe someone asked earlier what addon I had that was making my RoF button glow when it wasn't on the target and I was in combat. That's actually weakauras itself. You can set an action for button glow in one of the settings somewhere. I just made it show the glow on hide, and hide the glow on aura show. (since the aura was showing when I had the buff, I'd want the button-glow to show when I lost the buff from RoF)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    What I like a lot about Wushoolay's is that it lets you build embers during the weaker part of the proc before casting big Chaos bolts at the end when at max power, while the two others have the same power during all their duration. And Cha'ye's proc is very short, if you don't already have embers to spend it is basically wasted.
    That's very true I noticed that my intro into a fight is definitely much weaker with Cha-Ye's and I end up having to start Chaos Bolting while I have 3 stacks of back draft to try and fit two in. But over the course of the fight I think it is much stronger because you don't have that ramp up time for Wushoolay's and I was mostly at around 3 or so embers anyway waiting for my next Cha-Ye's proc to drop all of my embers on.

Quote Originally Posted by pufyanny View Post
    What addon you guys use to track trinket procs. For example Unerring Vision is 4 sec. I cant really check my buffs to see when he's up..
    I personally just use Elkano's Buff Bars (old I know) for tracking buffs an debuffs. My UI. Unfortunately it won't track Jade Spirit anymore for some reason, but it gets every other trinket proc. But basically I end up having to keep one eye open for trinket procs to drop Chaos Bolts, though I wouldn't stress trying to fit one in during th 4 sec of Unerring but get the Immolate and make sure RoF is up instead. If it procs during a Chaos Bolt cast then I prefer to fit in another one and go for Immolate after XD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pufyanny View Post
    I use extra CD.

Have a brick of addons with extracd showing procs / duration and ICD, NTK displaying dot durations / if combustion is off CD etc, and as affliction, affdots on the side.

Should probably get around to making it look a little prettier, I've told myself to make the sizes match up a little better, but I'm far too lazy.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2013-03-26 at 12:42 PM.

ExtraCD is awesome to track trinket's and procs ICD. But Weakauras and Tellmewhen also do the job.

Btw, Brusalk i was checking your armor and got really intrigued cuz you have both mixed int/mastery and int/haste gems even after reforging A LOT of haste and also a bit of mastery. I tried a lot to figure why on my own but i got nothing xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    I had started (yeah it's pretty annoying to do ) to list logs from Worldoflogs to see real world numbers on the different encounters, it isn't statistically reliable but it can give an idea of the uptimes to expect :
    That really seems to be annoying But it shows some facts about the trinket numbers. Could u add a average line to sum up the uptime & proccs?. Also there are already some weird numbers like the 60% uptime for Breath on Jin'Rokh. All in all thank you for your work (:

Deleted
    Also there are already some weird numbers like the 60% uptime for Breath on Jin'Rokh.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-sc...in+%281%2C6%29
    He had 7 procs in 3:10 (2 of which overlapping). Some people will just be really lucky with RPPM, when this happens for very good players in full T15H we will see some ridiculous parses

I have 2/2 upgrade Yu'lon, 496 unupgraded EoT and LFR Wuusholay's. I can buy SPA trinket. Which combo?

No clue how to reforge/regem

Everytime I reforge or regem, I get different results in the sim.

Hugginz on US realms (Balnazzar) for armory.

My thoughts are this:

Gem Int as much as possible.
    Gem Crit when Int is not possible
    Gem Hit when blue slots.

Sims currently show that Haste >= Crit > Mastery. But they're all close. Current sim at 10k interations is:

int. 4.8
    SP. 3.75
    Hit. 3.31 (I'll probably regem the leftover hit that I'm not capped)
    Crit 2.16
    Haste 2.27
    Mastery 2.09

Right now I'm setup Int>Crit>Haste>Mastery. My DPS is OK. Some notbad parses on Durumu 25 regular. (A good "single Target" fight). THe other fights are all gimicky and determined by raid makeup/competence (so many adds on many fights, setups on Jin'rokh, etc)

I'm thinking that a Haste/Mastery build is probably better as if I ever get the Lei Shen trinket that demo is going to outright take over the top DPS spec. Haste Mastery isn't too bad for destro too, so I'm just confused. Everytime I regem though, I get different sim results... (it's not really an optimization model, so this is expected).

Anyhoo.

I'm showing 2.1Haste>=2.07crit>=2.01mastery. I'm sticking with haste>crit because I like fast cast. Mastery and crit just felt a little clunky to me... I appreciate 4 second chaos bolts that do 900k as much as anyone, but I prefer 2.5 sec chaos bolts that do 450k.

Quote Originally Posted by McDareth View Post
    I personally think that the best trinket to pair with Unerring is Cha-Ye's Essence of Brilliance as that trinket requires crits to cause it to proc. So if you apply an immolate and ensure that RoF is up during Unerring's proc, the chance that Cha-Ye's is going to proc goes up be a decent amount (now this is certainly not 100% but as we get more haste the chances scale with it so it makes haste much better).

I believe that the proc of Breath is the same as Ch-Ye's but it needs periodic hits and we don't have nearly as many dots as aff to make it too worth while imo (though if it's like Light of the Cosmos it should still be pretty decent as RoF was procing that trinket).

But I believe that any of the other trinkets is better than the Valor one for Destro as all of the other ones have int procs which as so much better for lining up more powerful Chaos Bolts (I've tested CB with Dark Soul and no procs and just procs with no Dark Soul and the plain int procs make Chaos Bolts by far do more damage than just DS).
    Thanks for the very detailed response. The only reason I didn't list Cha-Ye was that there are 2 Boomkins and 2 Mages that will probably get it before me since I already have 2 552 trinkets. So unless I pick it up on a roll, which I probably wont be that lucky I have to use one of the others for now. Just noticed from the armory you are also on Sargeras.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the very detailed response. The only reason I didn't list Cha-Ye was that there are 2 Boomkins and 2 Mages that will probably get it before me since I already have 2 552 trinkets. So unless I pick it up on a roll, which I probably wont be that lucky I have to use one of the others for now. Just noticed from the armory you are also on Sargeras.
    Oh it's no problem and something else I've been noticing with Cha-Ye's is that it seems that at the very start of the fight it will always proc on the very first critical strike that you do. Now take that with a grain of salt but that's just what I've been noticing from using it yesterday and today.

And if you have any other questions you can always hit me up in game .

Just a quick question regarding reforging and gemming for destro. I am looking to try the spec this week having played affliction exlusively pretty much since MOP release.

What I would like to know is what I should be gemming and reforging, having read through the read this thread at armoury stalking I have found no conclusive strategy. I'm looking for the prio that applies best to being able to switch between GoSac and Supremacy.

Thanks for any assistance.