picked up a feather today, haven't done any testing with it but the other ret in my guild has one thunderforged and he jumped up like 5k dps from it. CD timing etc obviously but still...

Quote Originally Posted by etsumii92 View Post
    Feather is pretty fucking stupid rng sometimes. Had 69 procs total spread over 15 wipes of Iron Qon, before shooting up to 13 procs on the kill. Granted it didn't proc on the pull and procced during lightning storm twice (at the start+Judgment to keep censure, hai gusy ima feather proc), it's still pretty insane.

Almost as stupid as our dk having 16 procs on the same kill x]

Worst thing is no proc on the pull though, that's literally a difference of several million damage during the burst, even a million from ES alone.

Coining Twin Consort tonight, so if i'm "unlucky" I may pick up a Gaze for testing. wtb 4 set.
    =/ Why would you want an on crit proc trinket. that scales with crit not haste for RPPM

Anywho I'm fairly certain Feather is BiS at this point. That boosts I got were insane and I was at 12% hit without reforging it an optimized gear.

What'd you conclude about switching to seal of justice during huge censure ticks after feather proc? For the 15 sec window. I haven't had the chance to test cuz it hasn't dropped for me? I'm assuming this method will be more viable when we have T15 4pc and we are doing more holy damage than physical.

Deleted
    Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler 22h
    @Lhivera Correct. There are very few class changes in 5.3 yet that players need to worry about. There likely won't be many overall.

Don't hold your breath for any ret changes

I have some questions about AoE rotation and also number of targets and their relative time alive.

1) 4+ targets , am I using two fillers in between HotRs ?

2) SoR over SoT : Since the buff you , according to EJ , need 4+ targets alive for 30 seconds to offset gcd swaps. What about 10+ targets ? Example: Lei Shen last phase. What I did was stick to SoT and stay on Lei Shen while swapping to HotR and DS, no target switches for multiple censures or seal swaps ( we had two warriors destroying them with Bladestorm ).

In general I'm having issues with my AoE dps and I'm sure I can make it more. I'm using clcinfo and have problems "guessing" if CS/HotR is up since clcinfo doesn't adjust for AoE and shows HoW/Exo . What would my best course of action be ? Put up an icon that shows cs/hotr cd ? Have a keybind that swaps rotations ? Macro to do so more fluidly ? Any tips helpful.

Any reason why a new thread wasn't started for 5.2? At 107 pages its a huge pain to figure out where the current discussion begins .

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys quick question. Simmed myself in 2 different situation. (10,000 iterations)
    Situation 1
    had my t14 4 piece with lfr helm
    simmed at ~102k
    situation 2
    had my nullification greathelm heroic on, losing t14 4 piece
    simmed at ~103k

How reliable is simcraft when trying to determine what gear to use?

Quote Originally Posted by Bombercloner View Post
    Hey guys quick question. Simmed myself in 2 different situation. (10,000 iterations)
    Situation 1
    had my t14 4 piece with lfr helm
    simmed at ~102k
    situation 2
    had my nullification greathelm heroic on, losing t14 4 piece
    simmed at ~103k

How reliable is simcraft when trying to determine what gear to use?
    It's reliable given you have enough haste to replace the lost 10%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thobos View Post
    It's reliable given you have enough haste to replace the lost 10%.
    About how much haste would that be?

I broke my 4pc last week and subbed 1,100 haste in two gear slots (+gem +reforge) and saw a significant increase in overall dps.

Quote Originally Posted by ailora View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been answered yet, but if it has i'm sorry.

Does anyone know if you retribution skill priority changes with the T15 4pc? Maybe CS is more valued with the 4pc?
    Anyone? With Tier 15 4pc should I do my normal priority during AW, or should i focus more on CS over Judg or Exo?

So I have a friend who's claiming that given even my current gear (ilvl 486) it's best to gem like this:
    Red: Str/Haste
    Blue: Hit/Haste
    Yellow: Haste
    I always thought that this was how you gemmed when you were closer towards BiS because of the sheer amount of strength you get from the gear, allowing you to focus more on Haste.
    I've been gemming the same except my yellows are str/haste and my reds are flat strength.
    So which one of us is wrong?
    Armory in sig. by the by.

Also, when do I forgo socket bonuses? I tend to ignore the crit ones, but things like 60+ str or haste or mastery I generally go for.
    Last edited by GildedWings; 2013-03-26 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Clarification.

You never really "forget" socket bonuses. You have to do the math, and see if the net worth of the bonus + the stats of the gem are better vs a solid color gem. As for the gemming, you should probably look into going haste. I'm not sure how it works out because of your PvP gear, but pretty much once you're out of blues(I forget the ilevel cut), you should be pretty much gemming all haste/haste+hit, etc, like your friend said.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ailora View Post
    Anyone? With Tier 15 4pc should I do my normal priority during AW, or should i focus more on CS over Judg or Exo?
    Don't have a source for it but I'm 99% sure you're supposed to go CS over judge at any point once you have 4pc, should be pretty obvious anyway

Alright, so I just need to hit honored with the Shado-Pan and I can get rid of this last blue. Hopefully I'll get lucky on Tortos or, even better, Qon next week and I can finally dip into that style of gemming.
    About the socket bonuses, I usually only do the math when it comes to strength. Like, if I have a 60 str bonus and it's red/yellow socket, then I'll do it because bold plus a fierce gives me 160 haste for the cost of 20 str, way worth it.
    But crit I basically ignore since I don't know how important it is, especially after that Inq buff. Given my gear level, I generally strive for it to be at least 10%, Mastery at 30% with might and haste as high as possible. So if crit has to eat it for the sake of haste coming up, that's a go-ahead for me.
    Last edited by GildedWings; 2013-03-26 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Remembering numbers is hard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    =/ Why would you want an on crit proc trinket. that scales with crit not haste for RPPM

Anywho I'm fairly certain Feather is BiS at this point. That boosts I got were insane and I was at 12% hit without reforging it an optimized gear.
    More haste = more attacks = more crits. Gaze scales with both crit and haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikhx View Post
    Don't have a source for it but I'm 99% sure you're supposed to go CS over judge at any point once you have 4pc, should be pretty obvious anyway
    Prioritize CS whenever you have 2 -4 holy power so you can use 4set proc instantly if it happens in my opinion, the buff (4set proc) has no duration (unless it's changed from ptr) so you can spam CS on cd and pray for proc. I found that to make me use far less exorcisms and thus having a lower uptime of our 2set, this also applies for ES and timing with trinkets and all raid buffs/cds/encounter mechanics. In a perfect world where our trinkets are 100% reliable and bosses don't do shit (dummies basicly) I'm also fairly certain that using CS on cd (pretty much) is going to be better but I couldn't get it to work (to a great difference) on ptr. Might be something you'll "learn" as you have 4 set longer and adapt to the micro management playstyle it brings though.

---------- Post added 2013-03-27 at 02:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    More haste = more attacks = more crits. Gaze scales with both crit and haste.
    Except that haste = more attacks = more trinket procs (Ji'kun and spark)
    and haste = more attacks = more crits = more trinket procs (shit crit trinket)

Haste is infinitely better than crit for rets, so much that the only dps warrior (trial) we have in the guild atm got the thunderforged (normal) crit trinket today and the 522 one went to the only person who wanted it for OS, a pala who didn't really want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post

Haste is infinitely better than crit for rets, so much that the only dps warrior (trial) we have in the guild atm got the thunderforged (normal) crit trinket today and the 522 one went to the only person who wanted it for OS, a pala who didn't really want it.
    Except that not only is it more attacks that lead to more procs, but it is literally more procs with haste as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post

Never argued that the crit trinket was good Just said that the RPPM proc scales with haste aswell.

so I runed a thunderforged spark (normal because my guild hasn't even gotten past ji-kun yet) and it's pretty awesome. Sometimes fabled feather likes to proc back to back which is nice.