10+ Year Old Account

5.3 elves and orcs?

I'm looking at the armor listed for 5.3, in conjunction with the mounts offered. There is new food only usable in northern barrens for lvl 90. Suggesting that there will be a hub there. Some of the gear listed, namely that hunter gear seems elvish-like. with that and the faerie mount. I believe 5.3 will be the elves breaking through Ashenvale to start the attack on Org

Thoughts?
    Last edited by roahn the warlock; 2013-03-27 at 01:58 AM.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    Wait, what? Orcs and elves what?

10+ Year Old Account
    So many random threads, overwhelming, overload AHHHH

The Armored Dragonhawk is for the 200 mount achievement I believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    Wait, what? Orcs and elves what?
    Ah, I'm too tired to make sense, I think 5.3 is going to focus on elves and orcs, since there is weird food only usable in the northern barrens. The mount announced is usually associated with elves and the gear announced comes from orcs, and the hunter's fun set seems elvish in nature. Was curious about people's thoughts.

---------- Post added 2013-03-26 at 09:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    The Armored Dragonhawk is for the 200 mount achievement I believe.
    it would be kinda silly to offer another dragonhawk for mounts, wouldn't it? also there would be a blue and red version, no?
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Ah, I'm too tired to make sense, I think 5.3 is going to focus on elves and orcs, since there is weird food only usable in the northern barrens. The mount announced is usually associated with elves and the gear announced comes from orcs, and the hunter's fun set seems elvish in nature. Was curious about people's thoughts.
    Do you have a link to the hunter set? Obviously the patch will focus on orcs as it is the build-up to SoO. From what I have seen though, the patch will be more focused on Trolls and Orcs rather than Blood Elves and Orcs.

Edit: It also looks like the horde/alliance will be sharing a rep for this patch: http://ptr.wowhead.com/faction=1440
    Last edited by Togarox; 2013-03-27 at 02:14 AM.

So, do you think the whole experience will be a little different for orc players?

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    Do you have a link to the hunter set? Obviously the patch will focus on orcs as it is the build-up to SoO. From what I have seen though, the patch will be more focused on Trolls and Orcs rather than Blood Elves and Orcs.

Edit: It also looks like the horde/alliance will be sharing a rep for this patch: http://ptr.wowhead.com/faction=1440
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/search?q=Tallgrass+gue

considering these sets looks just like dungeon set 2, I'd bet these are placeholders.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dybia View Post
    So, do you think the whole experience will be a little different for orc players?
    I'm speaking from a lore standpoint. not a race.

The assault will probably come in the form of:

- Horde: Troll and Tauren Rebellion bolstered by whatever Orcs Thrall can muster (if any). The likelihood that we'll see any Belves and Forsaken depends on how much the Sunreavers are pissed at Garrosh and whether Sylvanus wants to capitalize on the opportunity.

- Alliance: Uprising of the Nightelves with extra Draenei bulk (maybe) and naval assault led by Stormwind and Ironforge.

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post

Since this is the case, would it be too crazy to jump to the conclusion that the bat mount may be an exalted reward for this rep faction?
    Last edited by Shedeo; 2013-03-27 at 10:39 AM.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead, and that World of Warcraft died with him."