Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I like this idea op, how i would love to get to go karazhan again . But as someone else here pointed out, lore and boss drops don't seem to be considered in lore. some loot drops make sense like bosses wielding the weapon and later dropping it, looting something like ragnaros's hammer does not make much sense though, given how huge it is. Like 5 taurens or more put together. You would need an abomination tauren at best, to make sense of that.

It's ideas like this that make me wonder why we have MOP. Clearly their is tons of lore (story) to build upon before MOP. their was no need to create an asian panda continent with no real connection to previous lore.

yes i know old god but that feels so thrown in.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Spoiler: The reason Garrosh is defeated is because, just when he's being attacked, Malchezaar pops out of a portal, yells "yoink!", and takes his weapon away.

Quote Originally Posted by Saear View Post
    It's ideas like this that make me wonder why we have MOP. Clearly their is tons of lore (story) to build upon before MOP. their was no need to create an asian panda continent with no real connection to previous lore.

yes i know old god but that feels so thrown in.
    There was lore to it. I mean we had Chen already dancing around in WCIII. So there you have it. An entire expansion based on one minor character. I don't agree with you on MoP not fitting tho. But I can understand where you are coming from.

I for one HATE (yes HATE) Troll instances and every fecking expansion we have atleast one. I hated the AQ series and Ulduar at first aswell. Ulduar still holds a special place in my heart, but thats due to the hardmodes and fun I had inthere. But the scenery etc didn't fit in my view of wow. Troll instances I mainly don't like because I ... well actually I don't really know why. I just don't like it. Never have. But atleast trolls fit in WoW. While machinery with high tech shit (while that has been explained lorewise) doesn't impress me in a might & magic setting.

That said, I do like ToT and the Isle of Thunder too. Sure there are trolls but there are also a lot of other things running around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyma View Post
    If you have any ideas that either support or contradict this theory I would like to hear them.
    You're reading into this way too much. Blizzard recently admitted that they don't really plan far ahead. They only have rough concepts of future expansions in advance, they don't really have the storylines down though.

Deleted
    Impressive theory!
    The lore is solid and ties together very nicely parts of the story which lacked explanation - especially liked the idea that Malygos knew something terrible was going on with the Ley Lines and so he did what he could to stop it! That would explain why even Alexstrasza couldn't convince him to stop as he was doing what needed to be done, and maybe his efforts slowed to the portal by several years! RIP Malygos u were a hero even in madness.

In regards Malchezaar stealing Gorehowl the only issue i see would people being sad about it not being loot from Garrosh hehe, but in support of the idea, i can see Garrosh in fear of losing the SoO. He would order his warlocks to summon demons to bolster his forces, now if u were a high ranking member of the Burning Legion lets say a "Prince" and had the chance to either kill or corrupt, the son of the legendary Grom who bested Mannoroth, wouldn't u take that chance

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be great to get some explanation of what Malchezzar's deal was... and any excuse to explore the depths of Karazhan is a good one!

15+ Year Old Account
    Notable quote; Prince Malchezaar - "All realities, all dimensions are open to me!"
    Isn't that quote enough for you? By all realities/all dimension it could mean he got Gorehowl from a parallell universe of Azeroth where Thrall died or something.

Loot is just loot, it doesn't matter that it was on his loot table. Not like he was using it in battle or anything. Other than that I have to say you have very good points in your entire post. Im excited to see how this all plays out.

I kinda look forward to a Legion come back. Cata/Mist never got me into the story…Legion just might!
    Hearthston Playerswww.hearthstoneplayers.com Updates everyday! Featuring the latest articles, news and strategies! Twitter @hearth_players

Interesting read, I learned many things I did not know about Warcraft.
    I believe this confusion between the history and the game is just because the developers put a weapon to loot without much thinking about the history behind it, and also without considering what might happen in future expansions.
    But honestly hope your predictions are correct, it would be interesting to see Karazhan 2.0 or Lower Karazhan as a new raid, including Medivh or Sargeras as the final boss

There is no paradox. Gorehowl never went to Karazhan, it as just a noncanonical drop.

The only problem with this I see is that Azeroth has time police. If someone created a time bubble, the Bronze dragons would easily find it and destroy it (or send us to destroy it). It's possible that it simply passed below their radar (oh, it's just an old experimental bubble of Medivh's or something, no need to investigate), but its unlikely. Good theory though. I like time dilation as a story mechanic.
    Stabby stab stab.
    Avatar courtesy of Kelly Aarons of woweh.com

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, before you start creating a theory, you should really read up on the lore of what you're talking about.

The link between Sargeras and Medivh simply doesn't exist anymore. It was broken when Khadgar ran a blade through his heart (and shortly after, Lothar decapitated him), Medivh explains this himself in The Last Guardian:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Last Guardian
    "Be reassured. I am a better being than I was," said the trespasser (Medivh). "I am free of the taint of Sargeras thanks to your actions this day. Now I may deal directly with the Lord of the Burning Legion. Thank you. There cannot be success without sacrifice
    In this part, a future Medivh is talking to a past Khadgar. The sacrifice he talks about being Medivh dying at the hands of Khadgar

Quote Originally Posted by Wowpedia
    He explained to his erstwhile apprentice that with his burial in the past by Khadgar and his current return to life, the good (the Guardian) and the evil (Sargeras) battling within him had been destroyed, and that he was, perhaps for the first time, only Medivh.
    This already simply contradicts most of your theory, due to the fact that there wouldn't be a corrupted Medivh in the first place.

Also, Lower Karazhan is accessed from a hidden door on the lower levels of the tower, near the entrance to the kitchen (as described in The Last Guardian)
    The portal at the top of the tower was simply a way to get to the upper part of Karazhan when a raid already cleared a good part of the instance, but was later replaced with a simple teleport to Shade of Aran's room, after killing him. (and as a sidenote, Medivh used those gryphons to fly to Stormwind, and for delivery of mail from Stormwind/Dalaran/etc.)

"I had hoped to end your lives quickly, but you have proven more... resilient then I anticipated. Nonetheless, your efforts are in vain. It is you reckless, careless mortals who are to blame for this war. I do what I must, and if it means your extinction.... then SO BE IT!!"
    Malygos is simply talking about the reckless use a magic by all the mages on Azeroth, not Medivh in particular.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

One of the possible responses you can get when attempting to open the puzzle box of yogg-saron is: "The giant rook watches from the dead trees. Nothing breathes beneath his shadow." To me that sounds like a direct reference to Karazhan.
    A rook is a black crow, I don't believe that Yogg quote is about Karazhan, but rather about your impending doom (black crows and ravens were often taken as portents of bad tidings to come) - which makes more sense considering most of the puzzle box quotes are in a similar vein.

rook
    /ro͝ok/
    Noun

1. A gregarious Eurasian crow (Corvus frugilegus) with black plumage and a bare face, nesting in colonies in treetops.
    2. A chess piece with its top in the shape of a battlement that can move in any direction along a rank or file on which it stands.

That quote you referenced wasn't a critical part of your argument, but I wanted to point out that I think you're wrong about that part.

I say this from time to time, but this time I fully mean it. One of if not THE best reads in a long time. That was mind blowing and would make for an AMAZING story in WoW. Seriously mate, you have a gift, use it. That story/concept pretty much blows whatever blizzard has actually done so far out of the water. If this was really how it all went down I'd cream myself...

Sadly, realistically Gorehowl was just a piece of loot, no lore connection.

Deleted
    "Be reassured. I am a better being than I was," said the trespasser (Medivh). "I am free of the taint of Sargeras thanks to your actions this day. Now I may deal directly with the Lord of the Burning Legion. Thank you. There cannot be success without sacrifice"
    While this is established lore, in the interest of discussing this theory - Who's to say this vision isn't a construct of Sargeras , a clever lie set in place too further his plans! It wouldn't be the first time hes fooled mortals into thinking him defeated, he might have lingered in Karazhan awaiting an opportunity .. maybe?

Given all the time ****ery going on in Karazhan, maybe the weapon came from the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    There is no paradox. Gorehowl never went to Karazhan, it as just a noncanonical drop.
    Many, many timelines open up lots of possibilities. It's also why you should never introduce time travel into a series. It makes it hard to justify anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    You put way more thought into this than Blizzard did, methinks.
    Look! Words!