Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

What Profession is doing well atm?

What would you reccomend I play for big dmg numbers? and also for pvp

D/D elementalist

d/d ele or d/d thief

D/D ele is the "op-class" atm in pvp.

In pve not so much, you're better off with a warrior.

That's the great thing about GW2, you can PvE on your warrior alone since you don't need to lvl inorder to be viable in pvp

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    what does D/D mean?

10+ Year Old Account
    Dagger mainahnd / Dagger offhand

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4theh0rd3 View Post
    What would you reccomend I play for big dmg numbers? and also for pvp
    If you have to ask, I highly suggest playing the thief. It's likely you won't do well managing attunement swapping and will be wondering why the ele isn't as powerful as suggested. With the thief at least you only have to worry about 3 buttons (not that that would carry you brilliantly through every game, but at least you'd get the "big numbers" more consistently).

This is pretty off topic, but I wouldn't suggest making a guardian for any reason. It reminds me of a support class without proper supporting tools. I have one at 80 right now, and I really regret wasting so much time leveling it. After I download like 4 months worth of patches I'm rolling a ranger or an elementalist. I wouldn't suggest a melee class for PvP unless they changed combat fluidity since I left.

Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    I wouldn't suggest a melee class for PvP unless they changed combat fluidity since I left.
    The two classes we are talking about in this thread are melee, a D/D thief and D/D elementalist, two of the strongest classes in pvp at the moment (at least for burst damage)

10+ Year Old Account
    Ele, Thief and Mesmer.

Deleted
    as everybody said d/d thief or ele (big dmg, great mobility so you actually cant die in the most situations ^^) or a mesmer (depends on you playstyle how the "big numbers" will look like. also cool because all of this confuison stuff with clones, stealth and teleports)

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    The two classes we are talking about in this thread are melee, a D/D thief and D/D elementalist, two of the strongest classes in pvp at the moment (at least for burst damage)
    well I didn't like it in wvw. I hated having to stand back when we were attacking a fort or something for fear of dying from the 100000 aoe spells being cast. As for fluidity the melee combat to me always felt a little clunky and slow. just what I noticed though.
    Last edited by plantation; 2013-03-28 at 02:29 PM.

wvw isn't pvp

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    wvw isn't pvp
    what have you been smoking 0.O ?

Nothing, if ppl talk about pvp they mean s/tPvP, otherwise they say wvw

Every profession will do well if they're played well.

Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    This is pretty off topic, but I wouldn't suggest making a guardian for any reason. It reminds me of a support class without proper supporting tools. I have one at 80 right now, and I really regret wasting so much time leveling it. After I download like 4 months worth of patches I'm rolling a ranger or an elementalist. I wouldn't suggest a melee class for PvP unless they changed combat fluidity since I left.
    Whenever I read these threads the answers vary so much. Most times Ele is suggested as being the strongest class but I've seen threads before that suggest Guardians are very good and thieves are very difficult to play.

I started an elementalist and got him to lvl 20 but wasn't really enjoying it so I re rolled guardian and am having a blast right now. Worries me to see responses like the one above though since I have always been big about mostly playing 1 char and doing everything I can with him and not bothering much with alts.

Guardians don't rlly do "big numbers" hence it hasn't been sugested.

If you enjoy playing a Guardian it is certainly more than viable, dark frosty.

People often talk in extremes. If there happens to be something they don't like about a particular thing then suddenly that thing is terrible. Now some professions are easier to play well than others but you can make any profession work.

Deleted
    funny actualy because at start of the game nobody considered elementalist to be even viable in spvp =)