Excessive damage on jin-rokh

My guild killed Jin-Rokh (10 normal) last night but there seemed to be a LOT Of extra damage and i don't know where it's coming from. We hope to kill Lei-Shen this week and start doing heroics but I'm worried that if we don't find out where this extra damage is coming from and fix it we're going to have problems.

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-o84eieqhh8oygot0/

Even the few heroic kills i watched on YouTube had less healing done then what our healers were forced to do

10+ Year Old Account
    Just go to Analyze > Damage Taken > by Spell. It looks like your tanks aren't taunting properly for Static Wound.

Static wound. That's 2-3.6 million extra damage you're taking per player. That means you're not handling the taunt swaps properly

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

It looks like 25% of the overall damage taken was from Static Burst. If I'm not mistaken, Static Burst is triggered when a tank afflicted by Static Wound is hit by Jin'rokh. Jin'rokh applies Static Wound to the current tank and it begins at 10 stacks. Each time he is attacked, a stack is expended and the raid takes damage. The other tank needs to taunt Jin'rokh the instant the current tank receives Static Wound to avoid this damage. If either tank ever has Static Wound at 9 or fewer stacks, taunting is too slow and damage can be avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripture View Post
    It looks like 25% of the overall damage taken was from Static Burst. If I'm not mistaken, Static Burst is triggered when a tank afflicted by Static Wound is hit by Jin'rokh. Jin'rokh applies Static Wound to the current tank and it begins at 10 stacks. Each time he is attacked, a stack is expended and the raid takes damage. The other tank needs to taunt Jin'rokh the instant the current tank receives Static Wound to avoid this damage. If either tank ever has Static Wound at 9 or fewer stacks, taunting is too slow and damage can be avoided.
    Static Wound stacks fall off over time, not on boss hits, but otherwise correct

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Too much Static wound damage going around you have 16 million more of that dmg taken than my raid last week that had a 4min 37sec kill 26 million vs our 10 million is failure on the mechanic, You are also taking a fair amount extra of lightning storm damage meaning your group is NOT moving out of the buff pool fast enough. since your lightning storm damage is on par with a raid that got a 3rd storm vs your raids 2 storms only. So better dancing on mechanics or send giftcards to your healers since they are carrying your raid of mechanics fail

Quote Originally Posted by Ripture View Post
    I'm sorry but.... you HAVE to take a few of thes every now and then as the debuff overlap eachother.
    Edit: "So the one with a fresh stack losing 1 stack or the "old" stack at 3-4 being hit once or twice before it falls off, doesn't really matter does it?" <-- Scrap that, the one with the least stacks should get hit if any, cause that means less aoe damage to raid.
    Last edited by Roguezor; 2013-03-27 at 08:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillieB View Post
    Well the shadow-priest ain't a daffodil tooting snuggle bunny either. Besides this is the priest forum not gonna get much love for that line of reasoning here locky-loo - All your sha are belonging to us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roguezor View Post
    I'm sorry but.... you HAVE to take a few of thes every now and then as the debuff overlap eachother.
    So the one with a fresh stack losing 1 stack or the "old" stack at 3-4 being hit once or twice before it falls off, doesn't really matter does it?
    Tank with low stack getting hit is better than tank with high stack getting hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Tank with low stack getting hit is better than tank with high stack getting hit.
    Yeh, I realised and changed my post for that just after i hit accept and tabbed back into wow....
    Progressing on him in HC as I'm posting in this thread hehe (and kinda bad i didn't realise how they worked now, cause I'm tanking >.<)

Edit: We where already doing it that way, just didn't realise that's how it worked and that we did it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillieB View Post
    Well the shadow-priest ain't a daffodil tooting snuggle bunny either. Besides this is the priest forum not gonna get much love for that line of reasoning here locky-loo - All your sha are belonging to us.

Thanks for all the replies. I wasn't even really sure what the static wound debuff even worked, i just heal almost dead people.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    So better dancing on mechanics or send giftcards to your healers since they are carrying your raid of mechanics fail
    This pretty much made my day hahaha. Now i want to ask the RL for a giftcard. >_>

Any time a tank does not have static wound, they should be taunting. It makes the damage almost nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Crete View Post
    Now i want to ask the RL for a giftcard. >_>
    Dammit araine, there shall be no giftcards. He did ask us to take a lot of dmg so he could rank lol (didn't think we'd take it literally hehe)

Quote Originally Posted by dubwise View Post
    Dammit araine, there shall be no giftcards. He did ask us to take a lot of dmg so he could rank lol (didn't think we'd take it literally hehe)
    I shouldn't be ABLE to rank with a freaking Empty Fruit Barrel equipped >_< You lie Sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Crete View Post
    I shouldn't be ABLE to rank with a freaking Empty Fruit Barrel equipped >_< You lie Sir!
    Grats on the ranking and the basic mechanics needs to be cleaner if you are to progress on heroic jin'rokh. Not that i am anywhere near that right now since 1/2 thru cata i have went a very casual route in raiding but i can still spot the errors

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Grats on the ranking and the basic mechanics needs to be cleaner if you are to progress on heroic jin'rokh. Not that i am anywhere near that right now since 1/2 thru cata i have went a very casual route in raiding but i can still spot the errors
    Your progression doesn't really matter when you speak the truth ^^. But i thank you and agree, I'm going to have to get the others to stop screwing around for sure if we want to kill him without spending too much time on him.

Here is another one of your problems:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-o8...0/?s=741&e=944

People shouldn't be soaking the lightning orbs where the pools are going to spawn.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart