Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Does Jin'Rohk's pool not affect Fire Ele?

topic. Working on H JinRohk and it doesn't seem to affect my PFE ... Which, I mean, I realize he hits hard enough.. but, is it worth it to use PE on this fight?
    Roboctopus of STAY MAD - Sargeras
    http://staymad.enjin.com/

It is affected so long as you're in the pool (its own positioning doesn't matter).

10+ Year Old Account
    You're positive? It really didn't feel like it... I will try again.

Nitwit is correct, all pets update dynamically with our stats and buffs so if you summon a fire ele and then pop a potion or a trink procs or you stand in the puddle afterward the ele will get buffed.

Yeah but has anyone actually tested this? I'm not seeing my ele get it (not looked at logs, very anecdotal). I know they update with our buffs, but fluidity is a debuff, which may be messing with the ele.

15+ Year Old Account
    it would be so much fun if ppls would use PE talent on this fight and it would not work

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wezmon View Post
    Yeah but has anyone actually tested this? I'm not seeing my ele get it (not looked at logs, very anecdotal). I know they update with our buffs, but fluidity is a debuff, which may be messing with the ele.

This is pretty much where I've been going with this... My ele does not seem to hit harder. I tossed around different things all night during attempts, and my best DPS were attempts where I popped and burned at the start.

Logs I've seen show that the FE is not getting boosted, but I can't find a single pet or guardian of any classes getting the benefits.

edit: just peeked at guilds logs, and the water elemental from frost mages, may be receiving it and hunter pets are. DK pets and Greater FE weren't receiving it.

edit: seems like permanent pets get the buff, but anything temporary doesn't, from what I can tell from logs.
    Last edited by Meejum; 2013-03-27 at 11:04 PM.

Deleted
    normal fire elemental does not class as a pet. Change to PE and your elemental becomes controllable (a 'pet' rather than 'guardian'), thus receiving the dmg boost like hunter pets would.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am running PE. Still can't notice the change. I feel like Meejum's research extends to PFE as well.

If its anything like my water ele then you pet must be in the pool with you to take effect, sucks I know =(

Here are my logs this is one fire elemental I wait till first pool spawns I hold off on Elemental Mastery as well once pool spawns I pop my potion EM blood lust bloodfury etc get that elemental down because we kill him so fast no time for 2 even with glyph did its definitly effected I dont have rights to post links but if you go to world of logs I am number 1 for eu and US Dustya US-Executus

Quote Originally Posted by dustya View Post
    Here are my logs this is one fire elemental I wait till first pool spawns I hold off on Elemental Mastery as well once pool spawns I pop my potion EM blood lust bloodfury etc get that elemental down because we kill him so fast no time for 2 even with glyph did its definitly effected I dont have rights to post links but if you go to world of logs I am number 1 for eu and US Dustya US-Executus
    yeh cause everyone else is killing him heroic :x

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I am more concerned with Heroic to be honest...

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroic isn't a dps check.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

It's only a 40% damage buff. If your fire elemental isn't sync'd up with trinket procs like it is at the start of the fight, then you might not notice a difference (you can unequip/re-equip trinkets before the pull to try to line them up with the puddle and you'll definitely notice your ele doing more damage).

Quote Originally Posted by Xeonde View Post
    Yeah I am more concerned with Heroic to be honest...
    The main question of this thread was does the pool effect fire elemental dmg... I was posting my log showing that it does why does it matter heroic or normal ?

Quote Originally Posted by dustya View Post
    Being number one on damage doesn't help prove that elemental is gaining benefit from the pool. The problem is that it is a percentage based damage buff. Some pets (A Monk's Xuen for example) don't gain benefit from percentage based raw damage buffs - only from stats (potions, procs) and heroism. So the question is if the elemental properly gains that benefit or if it is like those other pets and doesn't gain specific benefit from the pool itself.

Deleted
    As far as I can tell from my logs, the PFE gains the buff.

Just have a look at a reference fight like Megaera (only a Try, but Elemental was up for the full duration and had one enemy to fight):
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/3...=11083&e=11331

34k DPS by PFE alone.

And now compare it with Jin'Rokh:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/l.../?s=860&e=1081

48k DPS by PFE alone.

Multiplying the 34k of the Megeara DPS by 1.4 (40% more dmg by pool buff) suggests a DPS for PFE in the Jin'rokh fight of 48k.

So, for me it is obvious that my PFE gains the pool buff multiplier.

pro tip; unequip + equip your int proccing trinkets 2-3 secs before the pull so they'll proc during first pool, and yes, your fire ele gets the buff whether it's in the pool or not, as long as you are in.PE is the way to go in this fight. Also, (this is more dependent to the tactic you use) you also might want to use fire ele glyph for this fight since we dont stay in the pool for the full pool duration, we get out early to spread around for ionization. So this way you'll prevent fire ele hitting the boss without you being in the pool. Also this way, you can sync fire ele with your next ascendance+pot combo.