Arrow - 8.5
    Breaking Bad - 10
    Community - 8.5
    Dexter - 9
    Suits - 9
    The Big Bang Theory - 8.5
    The Office - 6.5*
    The Walking Dead - 9.5

*The Office seasons 1-7 I would rate 9.5, however I rated all the shows as they are currently so that's why it has a 6.5.

Deleted
    Justified is pretty good. Season two was the best so far - primarly because of the awesome Bennet clan.
    The current season have been decent with a few misses. Ron Eldard is great as a former mp, now a disillusioned drug addict with a sad smile. And Patton Oswalt makes me smile just by his appereance.

Californication have been a letdown this season imo. To many exaggerated characters, some of them go full retard and the rock theme isnt very convincing.
    Last season was one of my favorites so at least it dosnt seem like a overall deterioration

Justified is pretty good

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JeanJacket View Post
    So I am now looking for a new show to watch, I haven't really watched much television my whole life and actually recently got into watching TV shows online. I have currently caught up to Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead (both are amazing shows though I do prefer Breaking Bad to Walking Dead since S3 of Walking Dead has been pretty dull lately.) Since Breaking Bad's last season doesn't start till July I think and the last episode of Walking Dead is on Sunday I'm gonna need a new show to keep me occupied. Anyone have any recommendations for me? I would prefer a show that is still going on or at least will start up again soon so don't suggest LOST even though I have heard amazing things about it.
    Game of Thrones. Get it now and watch both seasons before S3 begins on the 31st. It blows everything else on TV right now (and most TV of the past as well) away completely.
    Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

Quote Originally Posted by lzsg View Post
    Game of Thrones. Get it now and watch both seasons before S3 begins on the 31st. It blows everything else on TV right now (and most TV of the past as well) away completely.
    have to agree just spent the last 2 days watching s1 and s2 loved it

Quote Originally Posted by beuwulf View Post
    have to agree just spent the last 2 days watching s1 and s2 loved it
    agreed, I've already seen s1/2 three times and plan to marathon them against on saturday before s3 starts, can't wait!! still haven't checked out the books though

favorite shows of all time

1. Doctor who

2. Adventure time

3. Walking dead

4. Dexter

5. Regular show
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Hello all

So I am looking for a new tv series to watch, the following series I watched and really enjoyed, so I am looking for something similar:

- Game of Thrones
    - Dexter
    - Lost
    - Prison Break
    - Heroes
    - Chuck

I cant remember anything else atm.

Thanks

The only TV shows I have been able to stick with without getting bored after a few seasons are Game of Thrones, Downton Abbey, and Breaking Bad. I lose interest in everything else after a while.

I don't watch a whole lot of TV to be honest. Aside from sometimes when I'm flipping through channels and something catches my eye. I usually like to watch any kind of crime drama show like Law & Order/NCIS as well as various stuff on the history channel when they have something interesting. Aside from that, the only things I watch on a regular basis are:

- Walking Dead, although Season 3 was a bit disappointing. I'll give season 4 a chance, but I'll be really turned off if it's more of the same.
    - NCIS. I've been watching that since season 1....I think it's got to be pushing pretty close to 10 years running now.
    - Major League Baseball. I'm a Braves fan, and they are kicking ass this season so far.

I just have basic cable and don't get any of the stuff like HBO.

15+ Year Old Account
    I love a variety of stuff; here are some favs both from the past and present:

-Battlestar Galactica = best. show. period. Every character developes well (and there are a lot but not as many as Game of thrones) and the world --or lack there of-- that they live in feels alive. they did such a good job creating every room, hall, etc in the ship that you can literally tell where everything is. Unlike star trek, where everything was either a room or a hallway with no direction where unless you see a map or blueprint.
    -Firefly = low budget sci-fi western (think Cowboy bebop) with a loveable cast and a design you'll only find in BSG because they literally built the ship and filmed inside it so the show feels alive when you watch it. The best scenes in the show are the ones with all the characters eatting at the dinner table. You'll literally feel like your part of the crew because the characters are so life like.
    -True Blood = Fun show to watch, but my only beef with it is that for the past 3 seasons there has been a shift in the use of characters and story to aim towards the target audience (women and gay men) whereas the first few seasons were designed for both men and women. But it doesnt take away from it being a good watch still. Just try to look past the what I like to call "twilight" influences that you'll find in the more recent episodes. (naked werewolfs, love triangles, vampire sex... well, thats the entire show really >_>)
    -Game of Thrones = best show since BSG. Read the books!
    -The Walking Dead = Very well done. I recommend reading the comics; they're less restricted and more TV-MA but the show does well at polishing some of the material.
    -Modern Family = I can relate to the characters a lot. I myself am a mix between Phil and Jay... while my brother is a mix between Cam and Michell
    -Sparticus = I'm a history nerd, so I love it by default. I also love the devotion to detail, even the sinful nature of the Roman society (though I feel its a bit overly done sometimes, but for the most part I applaud it for the entertainment value) and the "no holds barred" approach to sex, blood, and glory! (STARS does not hold back on the shown material, so a warning... there is man sausage, some breasts flapping in the wind, and lots 'n lots of BLOOD.... and there's *cough* one episode that is literally x-rated)
    -Veep = a satire on the vice president's life in office. Hilarious characters and hilarious situations that are both created on the show and ones that mimic real world news.
    -The News Room = From the creators of West Wing. From what I hear, thats all that needs to be said.
    -Family Guy/American Dad/Cleveland Show = goes without saying...
    -Robot Chicken = Again, my nerdiness tends to get the best of me. :3
    -Falling Skies = Good show, kind of like The walking dead but with aliens. It set in a post-apocalyptic alien invaded earth where society is gone and humans are displaced with no communication. Focuses on a man and his 3 kids, one is 17 and is as much of an adult as he is still a child, the middle was abducted by the aliens and shows signs of modifications and is more of a sympathizer than anyone else is, and the youngest is somewhere in the ballpark of 10yrs old battling to keep is child-like innocence (something the kid in The walking dead clearly has lost)
    Last edited by Paladin885; 2013-04-20 at 12:17 PM.

I wish I could get into Game of Thrones, I just never could. So much talking, so little action or anything of interest. It literally feels like you're watching the books, as if you were reading them to someone and they were acting every line. And the whole "The battle is about to begin!" *commercial* "The battle is over, we won!" just left me really unsatisfied. The same with The Walking Dead, I enjoyed it until the pacing was just...so horrible and drawn out. There is SO much story and they pace it so horribly. I suppose what bugs me about it is really the fact that it's just a drama show with zombies. The struggles of groups of people, who are more of a threat to each other than the zombies are a threat to them half the time. If it wasn't for a couple zombies sometimes bumping into a fence I'd wonder what the show was. Though if you've read the comics it's really nice to see that the way people die and how things happen differs in the show.

Prison Break - When I watched this I expected what most people expected, a boring show where people break out of prison. But it stands as my favorite tv show of all time. It goes from a prison break out, with so many unique characters. Good guys turning bad, bad guys turning good, people dying and not dying. And the last season? or even last two? it felt like I was watching mission impossible... amazing.

Spartacus - I think I watched all of this within a week, every series of it. Amazing acting, characters, battle scenes are like that of a movie. Every episode feels as amazing as the one before it.

Firefly - It's a western sci fi in space, how awesome is that already? Plus, Joss Whedon.

Fringe - I came across this, being a huge sci fi fan, and while it wasn't really all that great, it had its moments. I think the acting more than anything made it most enjoyable. I can't really describe it, pretty much solving mysteries of 'alien' origin through the use of...a crazy mad scientists inventions and ways.

Archer - Seriously, funniest show I've ever seen, and I hate comedy. Plus all of the references that are made to different things are just...so awesome.

House - I think the one thing that makes me love this show so much is how amazing of a job Hugh Laurie does... and how awesome it is to see someone be a total asshole in the most hilarious and entertaining ways.

Supernatural - Loved this for many seasons, up until one... as of late I haven't been enjoying it as much. Going around, killing all sorts of crazy monsters and legends, fairy tails and all of that and killing them/solving them, while also having a huge story in between it all. Seriously, watch the first and second season, you'll love it.

Terra Nova - Seemed like it would have been an amazing series, only made it to one season. Why do all of the most amazing tv shows always end up getting cancelled like this and firefly? such a shame.

Arrow - Just started not too long ago, still on its first season. I have to say I enjoy the acting and the story of the show. It seems kind of silly at first, but its very entertaining, especially the backstory, it keeps you wondering... less you read the comics.

Top Gear (U.K.), quality series

Currently became addicted to "Bates Motel" and "Hannibal" They just started up but i'm keeping high hopes.

Long time favorites, in no real order and of course would change based season to season.

-The walking dead
    -Dexter
    -Breaking Bad
    -Fringe
    -True Blood
    -Game of Thrones
    -Community
    -Sherlock
    -River Monsters
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

All time,In order:

Battlestar Galactica
    Babylon 5 s 2-4
    Deadwood
    The Sopranos

Currently enjoying:

Defiance
    Da Vinci's Demons

(Managed to read all the Game of Thrones books summer 2 years ago, which has totally ruined the TV series for me. This annoys me becasue the TV series seems to become better then the books which are seriously hyped).
    Last edited by Waynhim; 2013-04-20 at 04:27 PM.

Deleted
    Doctor Who
    Elementary
    Not Going Out
    My Family
    Blakes Seven
    Caprica
    Terminator: Sarah Conner Chronicles
    Babylon 5
    NCIS
    Drop the Dead Donkey
    Have I Got News For You
    Q.I.
    Mock the Week

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    I wish I could get into Game of Thrones, I just never could. So much talking, so little action or anything of interest. It literally feels like you're watching the books, as if you were reading them to someone and they were acting every line. And the whole "The battle is about to begin!" *commercial* "The battle is over, we won!" just left me really unsatisfied. The same with The Walking Dead, I enjoyed it until the pacing was just...so horrible and drawn out. There is SO much story and they pace it so horribly. I suppose what bugs me about it is really the fact that it's just a drama show with zombies. The struggles of groups of people, who are more of a threat to each other than the zombies are a threat to them half the time. If it wasn't for a couple zombies sometimes bumping into a fence I'd wonder what the show was. Though if you've read the comics it's really nice to see that the way people die and how things happen differs in the show.
    Haha, don't get me wrong, here. I'm not here to say your opinion is wrong by any means. Mostly, I think this is a fault of advertising. Both of the shows you mentioned here were never meant to be action shows like Spaticus (etc.) I'm sure people will refute this (again, it's all opinion) but in the part that I've bolded here, you mention that Walking dead feels like a "drama show with zombies." That's because that's exactly what the show is. From episode one and was never intended to be anything different. The same with Game of Thrones, sans the zombies, insert proper theme.

I'm sure you knew all of this already, I'm just working off of a common theme that I'm seeing here lately, and like I said, I'm pretty sure its the fault of marketting and advertisement making the shows seem like something theyre not. I hear the "there's so much talking!!" line come up so often these days when the topic of either of these shows come up.

Anyways, OT: I'm getting to the point now where my curiosity is getting the better of me. I think I'm going to have to start watching the Fringe. For some reason it's just been under my radar and I've never gotten around to it. I take it this is a good move, yes?
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

I don't watch a ton of TV but what I do watch:

Game of Thrones, we have a watching party every Sunday night! FIRE AND BLOOD

Once Upon A Time, though now it just keeps getting more and more convoluted and predictable and just OH, HOW CONVENIENT

Modern Family, good for a laugh... Raising Hope too

The Newsroom, originally because, Olivia Munn! And now it's just amazing.

Tosh.0, Family Guy, Bill Maher... that's about it!

Just want to end this with, I MISS YOU X-FILES

"You know, you already offend me when you start your conversation with 'On my 2nd priest...'" -Ray

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    I wish I could get into Game of Thrones, I just never could. So much talking, so little action or anything of interest. It literally feels like you're watching the books, as if you were reading them to someone and they were acting every line. And the whole "The battle is about to begin!" *commercial* "The battle is over, we won!" just left me really unsatisfied.
    As much as my friends hated me for giving up on it, I feel the same. It wasn't a show that kept me interested like others.

Any ideas for shows like Spartacus, Rome, The Borgias, and the like? I just love that era.