Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarke View Post
    seems so, being 444 Ilvl and doing top dps doesnt seem right.
    Most of the times I am 1.-2. in DPS charts as Disc in random HCs.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashi View Post
    Most of the times I am 1.-2. in DPS charts as Disc in random HCs.
    With your gear it's no wonder. You can't expect a 470-480 dps to beat a 514 atonement priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Ofcourse not....
    Tanks should 90% of the time (as long as a dps doesn't overgear them grossly) be top dps on those fast trash dungeon pulls or those giant vengeance-heavy pulls.

As for the healer being second. Take that as a hint of "YOU ARE PULLING FAR TOO SLOW". It means that the healer has time to stand and turret into a target without having to heal you. Do not let that happen. This is the reason I hate queueing as a healer. It is terrible when your tank decides to just pull a mob at a time.

DPS does not make a dungeon slow to clear. It is mostly on the tank.
    Either way OP - if you have the time to post about an issue like this on mmo-champ you have time to check out your class as well. How about you take up the challenge and begin carrying the groups through dungeons?
    Totally agree.

And as far as carrying I do end up carrying the LFD group (as a 480 Frost DK). I am doing 50% of total damage lately when the other party members are at least at ilvl 463 . Man the DPS these days are just terrible. Last sunday I ended up in a group for Heroic Temple of Jade Serpent and none of the other 4 players knew which boss to start from/where to go. At least as a tank I would just read something about a dungeon or see a video before hand. I mean this was a heroic where the hell did they get their gear without knowing how the dungeon works.

Deleted
    It's something I've noticed more as well; since they added the rep to the dungeons I've been going back in on my lock. I expect to be top dps, that's not the issue.

I do wonder though when the others are at 15k dps how painful it would be for a healer to heal through. Even doing normals on my warrior tank I keep getting melee who like to stand on me in front of the boss and eat avoidable damage... I don't get it.

The above poster also seems confused why people he outgears by 20 item levels would be behind him too; honestly, think it through before you post. Even LFR weapons as a melee are going to jump your dps insanely. I also have, hand on heart, never wasted my time watching videos of a 463 heroic and I wouldn't expect the players I meet to have done so either.

Quote Originally Posted by XstenZ View Post
    Luck of Draw is now back in LFD.
    I mentioned that like a day ago. :P

Deleted
    afaik the buffs were only for cata heroics

Quote Originally Posted by MPA View Post
    afaik the buffs were only for cata heroics
    Nah it's for heroics in general. They were just introduced in Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarl Balgruuf View Post
    I'm sorry, but if you can't complete a MoP heroic without a 15% health/damage buff, you don't deserve to clear it.
    So that's the buff he was talking about. I didn't even notice a single thing. Only now I first hear about the LFG buff not being there anymorre. xD

its a sad day when a ret pally out dps's a 5 man or even a lfr but i have and i do it for the lulz

Quote Originally Posted by braayden View Post
    It's something I've noticed more as well; since they added the rep to the dungeons I've been going back in on my lock. I expect to be top dps, that's not the issue.

I do wonder though when the others are at 15k dps how painful it would be for a healer to heal through. Even doing normals on my warrior tank I keep getting melee who like to stand on me in front of the boss and eat avoidable damage... I don't get it.

The above poster also seems confused why people he outgears by 20 item levels would be behind him too; honestly, think it through before you post. Even LFR weapons as a melee are going to jump your dps insanely. I also have, hand on heart, never wasted my time watching videos of a 463 heroic and I wouldn't expect the players I meet to have done so either.
    No confusion here, you should read more carefully. I have no issue in carrying the dps thru. What bothers me is the dps in 463 bare min gear doing less than 20k dps. And I do agree that not everyone needs to know about the dungeon. I should have worded it better. As a tank I do see a video once to get to know the dungeon better. I still think it is important yet not mandatory for tanks to know the dungeons more than the healers/dps. But makes it a better experience for everyone. I have come across so many dps, healers and tanks that don't get out of shit based on the fight mechanics. new or geared. For example geared tanks can easily eat up the Ground slam from the weaponmaster. but when a fresh tank doesn't get out and dies, next thing you know is I am taking the boss and the dead tank blames the healer. You don't need to see the videos...read the damn dungeon journal at least and not be clue less. And even if you dont do that, its been 8 years of WOW.... #1 rule is DON'T STAND IN SHIT.

A buff for content I could do by randomly mashing my head on my keyboard.

They should make 'heroics' like challenge mode without the timer and make this level of stupid called 'retard mode' and you get a 30% buff and a free legendary every time you wipe .
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

Deleted
    I guess we have new "Wow, dungeons are hard" problem :P I guess it will never be easy enough...

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    I mentioned that like a day ago. :P
    he might be eu, wasn't back for us until today :P

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    he might be eu, wasn't back for us until today :P
    Good point. I always forget that EU gets stuff a day later. lol

---------- Post added 2013-03-27 at 03:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    A buff for content I could do by randomly mashing my head on my keyboard.

They should make 'heroics' like challenge mode without the timer and make this level of stupid called 'retard mode' and you get a 30% buff and a free legendary every time you wipe .
    A bit hostile, are we?

Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    But trust me, I do not pull slowly. I just know when I have to use my cooldowns and when I have to use my SotR and when I have to heal myself with Word of Glory. I always do like this in scholomance:

Pull all mobs before first boss, kill them, pull boss, kill boss. Pull all mobs before second boss, when they are almost dead pull the boss. Pull all mobs to 2nd boss' room, kill them, pull boss and just stand still and use SotR right before he hits me. Pull all mobs to the 4th boss' room, kill them and pull boss. Pull all mobs to the last boss' room, kill them and kill the boss.

I honestly don't know how it could be any faster.

And I don't run heroics for challenge or fun. I do them because I want valor points.
    Can be done a good deal faster.

It's easy. Pull the two mobs at start, run over the edge and pull the boss right away, and then kill the boss. Ignore whichever adds there is leftover, if there is some(of course keep aggro on them) and run to next boss.
    Being in a pug you have to wait before second boss, killing the trash, since people tend to be confused and stand in the aoe, which the healer can't save on top of some rather big damage from the trash.
    on rattlegores room, you pull the adds, and run back into the previous room, getting a big aoe-party there. Kill rattlegore after that
    4th boss i used to do like you for a couple of weeks.
    I used to pull all the trash from next room to 4th boss, but it ruins the chance of people being able to kill the boss of before 2nd phase, which is faster to do.
    So kill them outside. Go in, and tell people to use CDs when he goes to the middle of the room.
    Pull miniboss on next room, and whatever random that comes for you.
    the mobs that comes for you when you run to darkmaster, i just pull to the boss(risky if you doesn't have something that can keep aggro on it in case you get a dark lesson)

Happy valorfarming

OT.
    No clue, but i really don't think it's needed either? Even as dps you can save most fails from the others, though it's a lot easier as healer/tank.

edit:
    500 posts, and it wasn't even a grumpy one \o/
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

I hope heroic scenarios in 5.3 can be effectively spammed for VP cap. MoP 5mans are getting old. I'm kinda disappointed they didn't add new ones.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2013-03-28 at 03:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    If you can, run heroics with 5 DPS. You need at least 2 hybrids to queue as tank and healer but stay DPS. Most instances take 5 minutes or less.

This. I queue as a tank on my 510 frost DK and my buddy goes as a healer on his disc priest. You don't even need a tank when trash packs die in under 10 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    I hope heroic scenarios in 5.3 can be effectively spammed for VP cap. MoP 5mans are getting old. I'm kinda disappointed they didn't add new ones.
    That would be nice. Honestly, I hate that they're not planning to add any new heroic 5-mans for the rest of the expansion. I don't even care if they drop 463s like the ones that we have now, I just don't like that we'll be doing the same handful of 5-mans (where the majority of my time in-game is spent) until the next expansion is launched.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    Yeah it's annoying. I keep getting groups that I'm the top dps (I'm a tank) and the the top2 dps is the healer.

I'm not joking about it.
    Sounds like my groups. Have we run together; I'm always first or second dps on my disc priest. Fun times.

And I am not 514 geared, lol. 496 last I checked; maybe higher than average (I'm not sure what the average is actually, this may be lower than average) But I expect a dps with around the same HP as me to keep up. Usually they can't.
    Last edited by Achyra; 2013-03-28 at 10:03 AM.

oh no, I had to play the game for an hour! :O
    N