Page 1 of 2
LastLast

World of Patchcraft!

What's going on this past couple of weeks? This is at least 3 mini-patches in less than 10 days, along with maybe a dozen restarts.

New patch. Problems. Nothing more to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Major content patch went live, lots of problems being found, so they are being fixed. Nothing out of the norm.
    Currently Procrastinating

First time seeing a new patch in WoW?

I've seen a lot worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Guys, things break.

If you think that is bad, watch the start of this -
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

Tiny, tiny price to pay to fix bugs and such. Nobody's perfect, at least they attempt to correct the mistakes that snuck past them.

They keep tweaking and keeping an eye on the game, more-so than they have in the past.

It's nice to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Complaining about fixing the game? People always find something to complain about...

They're at it again ... and again ... and again ...

My theory is they have been debugging Ra'den on the fly.

patches are only there to annoy the players! 8>

just noticed, op's name is kinda ironic to the theme of this thread 8>
    Last edited by Ghul; 2013-03-28 at 01:59 PM.

Omg blizzard are so lazy. they dont do anything. Not a patch in months. buhu.

Omg. blizzard release patches ALL the time. Buhu.

Is it a bad thing they fix shit that doesnt work ? I rather have 2 patches a day then a annoying bug. Like in swtor where it took about 3 months to fix broken skills on the trooper

Quote Originally Posted by Wafffles View Post
    Tiny, tiny price to pay to fix bugs and such. Nobody's perfect, at least they attempt to correct the mistakes that snuck past them.
    Tiny price ? I don't see any price. These patches take about 15 seconds to download on the launcher.

I love how someone inquires into the reason for an abnormal patch rate and all the rabid little fanboys jump down his throat immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Magally View Post
    I love how someone inquires into the reason for an abnormal patch rate and all the rabid little fanboys jump down his throat immediately.
    Stupid statements, deserve stupid answers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    They keep tweaking and keeping an eye on the game, more-so than they have in the past.

It's nice to see.
    Agreed 100%. I remember when bugs would go for MONTHS without being hotfixed. Some new technology and 90 seconds extra to log in and BAM, issues being solved every day. So nice to see them pro-actively keeping the bugs in check.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magally View Post
    Explain why fixing problems is 'abnormal'?

Or should they just leave them so people with nothing better to do can make "X has been broken for ages" threads instead?

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    What's going on this past couple of weeks? This is at least 3 mini-patches in less than 10 days, along with maybe a dozen restarts.
    Are you serious? This is a continue development game. We DON'T have any kind of offline servers or constant restarts.. most of the restarts happen while you are sleeping. To be honest, I'm glad it works this way, makes the game much better in the long way.

only annoying thing is that poor tmorph needs to get updated every god damn time >.<

When they create new code for game content there is always the chance that another code is going to smash face first into a pre-existing code and there is going to be a problem. Not everything can be caught in PTR as 1 million players using the content is entirely different than 10 million players. In DC universe they had a content update where a tall character wielding a recently added shield weapon would get stuck in the doorways of a pyramid base. It was never tested in that way so how could they know it would cause an error?

We are talking about a game with 8+ years of content, finding every possible potential code error in a near infinite loop of code is impossible, the best thing you can do is fix each problem quickly as it arises.