Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Do you think levelling is more difficult now that they removed automatic flight paths

It seems for a very long time Blizzard was trying to facilitate levelling. The most recent move of removing automatic flight paths seems to be a huge stepback. Having to run extremely long distances (most commonly in the 1-58 zones) is pretty tedious

Deleted
    Not at all, the mount speeds + the zones are pretty adjacent in terms of leveling/you get taken to the next area (See EPL to Blasted Lands)

10+ Year Old Account
    Difficult? No. Not even remotely (for someone who's done it multiple times that is, newbies I'm not sure)
    Tedious? Entirely so. God awfully boring
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Not difficult no. A little frustrating, due to the fact I am less inclined to go to zones farther off the beaten track without flight paths auto learned. Now I am back to sticking to the same zones that are close by to the main cities I frequent. Tedious is certainly a valid term to use, It's a shame really, leaving them auto learned didn't really harm much, let us that liked using them use them, and those that want to travel and immerse themselves in finding each hub before flying could still do so. But oh well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm leveling 3 alts right now, and honestly, I don't even realize I have to go exploring for FPs. I just leave the FP marked on the mini map and grab it as I run by. Making them automatically learned was a mistake. We did just fine for 6 years before that and I am certain we will be just fine again. Getting back to the basics of this MMO-RPG

difficult? no.

But with that said, I guess I will have to live with not having all the flight plan like I did before it came out, its not like I even care about them. Hell Flight plans should be remove anyways, I remember when people would use them to get to instances, now we just sit in an area and wait till we get a free teleport into one.

I like flightpaths and the discovery of them. But if your main (first toon) has discovered them, then they should be accountwide(faction) imo.

But I don't mind in the slightest that you need to learn them at the moment. It is not like you're going to not bump into "the new" ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only people this will affect are the dungeon levelers. People who do not quest and discover the FPs can just come back after lvl 60 when they get flight and discover the paths if they really want them

It certainly makes it less convenient. I've been leveling my shaman since the reversion, and there have been a few times that I've gotten stuck out in the boonies with "no flight locations connected to this one" requiring me to hoof it, even though I'm leveling solely by questing.

Quote Originally Posted by RunItsTheFuz View Post
    Difficult? No. Not even remotely (for someone who's done it multiple times that is, newbies I'm not sure)
    Tedious? Entirely so. God awfully boring
    Yeah pretty much. The difficulty wasn't increased as such, it is just more boring (yay for riding from IF to EPL/WPL).

10+ Year Old Account
    It's less convenient that's all.
    The thing I find is that if it's a 1-60 zone I haven't played through (there are a small handful for me) then I quite enjoy actually having to enter the zone and find my quest hub. Where as zones that I've already done, such as Duskwood wind up feeling tedious if I just have to run there.

But tbh as a whole I don't really mind in the end.

Consdering how most quests take you from section to section of a zone, there is not much traveling anyway. So discovering FP has minimal impact on leveling. It's not like the quest designed before (i.e. pre-Cata) where you were runnng back and forth across an entire zone. That was horribly boring.

So, no, I don't think there is any issue with it. Personally, I think it actually adds a bit to leveling since you actually have to go somewhere to get the FP. So there is still a little bit of "discovery" involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    The only people this will affect are the dungeon levelers. People who do not quest and discover the FPs can just come back after lvl 60 when they get flight and discover the paths if they really want them
    Hardly, I'm a quester, I love questing even if it's the same quests over and over, I love it, however I also don't always have lots of time to log on, so if I have a spare half an hour to jump into get some questing done, the auto flight paths were great as it gave me the option of quickly hopping on the FP to a zone that i Wouldn't normally have gone to because of how far it is (feralas/winterspring/etc) and it was a nice change of pace. Now I spend a good chunk of that 30 minutes I have traversing zones on foot/mount to get to a hub, No thanks! I guess in some ways it's making me choose to stay in nearby zones or sit in a city go heals and sign for dungeons and maybe if I'm lucky get one dungeon in during my time frame.

I am a major altaholic, I love the levelling process, and the auto flight paths was a welcome change back when first put in, it made my levelling/questing much more varied. Now it feels like it's taken choice away from me unless I don't mind not being as productive with my time when I get time to log on.

So no it doesn't only affect dungeon levellers.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    Yeah pretty much. The difficulty wasn't increased as such, it is just more boring (yay for riding from IF to EPL/WPL).
    Blizzard just likes thing boring, them fixing (removong) this, I saw it coming, I mean they did remove flying till max. MoP is not meant to be Alt friendly what so ever, its meant to make you play only one toon and quit when you get bore of "great" content (more of boring dailys).

levelling is more difficult if no mount, no flying mount, and no flight path.

While obviously it makes it just a tiny bit "harder", it gives me what little time you actually to experience the world while leveling.

Now there are some flight paths that used to make me groan when trying to reach, like trying to reach old world Menethil Harbor..... but the revamped zones have FPs all over the place that it really is a non issue now. Not to mention that most of the zones adjacent to each other are progressive so you don't have to travel across the entire world just to reach some lvl 40 area of something.

They should have never put automatic flight paths in to begin with it was perfectly fine when you had to discover flight paths
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Hardly, I'm a quester, I love questing even if it's the same quests over and over, I love it
    If this were true, you would simply finish up in a zone and move to the next zone. It was that way LONG before the FPs were just handed out like candy. I love questing too. I even made finding FPs like a little game. Jump on my horse and ride from zone to zone looking for FPs and then fly home after the first time I got OWNED by a mob that was too big for me

I liked discovering FPs cause it put you out in the world. LFD was the worst thing to ever hit us. I would bet a week's pay, that without going to Google or some other site, most players could not find most dungeons and raids in Cata / MoP. Putting the FPs back on the "to be discovered" list pumped some effort back into the MMO. Personally, I welcome the change back.

No, the removal of the flight paths does not directly influence difficulty in leveling, if such a thing exists anymore.

The leveling process is not made more difficult because of this... I really hope that people do not get angry about them fixing this mistake. Having to discover the flight paths was a major part of game exploration back in the day. Now, a ton of people complain that flying mounts ruined the game by not allowing us to see all the beautiful landscaping since we fly over it, and now people don't even want to ride over and get a flight path once?

I agree with them removing these automatic flight paths, I think it is a step in the right direction.