Deleted

Blood tap as 2 handers

Hey!
    I was wondering if anyone ever tried out this with 2 handers. It migt be that i'm not playing runic empowerment well enough but i seem to be pulling more dps with blood tap because it makes getting KM procs on obliterate way easier.
    Is it worth it?

Deleted
    It's fine, the dps difference is minimal between RE and BT. RE technically returns more runes but, because of the RNG nature of the talent you can find yourself flooded with resources or starved for some time. At non-heroic ilvls RE will still likely be the best choice for single target DPS with minimal downtime.

BT minimises the possibility of "feast or famine" as it's a standard rune return that allows you to bank those runes in the case of things like AMS absorbs flooding you with resources or those odd occasions where RE procs just as a boss is about to port away etc. BT does allow you to use charges on KM procs but, whether or not that's a DPS increase is debatable.

Also using blood tap does mean you can switch into an aoe rotation without having to game RE... But that's minmal.

Both BT and RE have their benefits. RE returns more runes overall, BT allows you to bank them for when they're more useful - choose whichever feels better to you.

I have started to love BT after 2 years using RE mechanics. My mouse thumb button is bound to this and the control it provides is quite nice.

Blood Tap is best suited for Dual-Wielding, as there's a huge runic power buildup, and Frost Strike will easily snag 10 charges, which can then be put back into HB, and repeat this process. 2H is better off sticking with Runic Empowerment

Quote Originally Posted by Farnswurth View Post
    Blood Tap is best suited for Dual-Wielding, as there's a huge runic power buildup, and Frost Strike will easily snag 10 charges, which can then be put back into HB, and repeat this process. 2H is better off sticking with Runic Empowerment
    Im actually wondering IF RC will ever become useful for 2H frost. I honestly recall wishing I had it in cata and currently it's the worst pick of the three.

Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    Im actually wondering IF RC will ever become useful for 2H frost. I honestly recall wishing I had it in cata and currently it's the worst pick of the three.
    RC is definatley the worst of the 3. It's a 2.5 second 100% rune regen, which is nothing compared to getting a random rune pulled off CD, and that random rune will just about always be a Death rune if you work it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Farnswurth View Post
    RC is definatley the worst of the 3. It's a 2.5 second 100% rune regen, which is nothing compared to getting a random rune pulled off CD, and that random rune will just about always be a Death rune if you work it properly.
    Yea I feel like they need to extend it to 4-5 seconds on a proc to make it work decently. However I do recall messing around with it on sha(WAAAAY back in like december) and seeing it proc multiple times in a row and loving it. Then I tried it in a raid and laughed at how much it seemed it didn't proc. II just want it to not suck haha.