10+ Year Old Account

Wowhead not loading properly?

I'm not sure where to post this, tbh. I'm guessing it'd go here, but I could be wrong.

Anyways, it started yesterday and just would not load properly in Chrome. The PTR and Archive links are in the top left corner. Ad's appear. But no comments, tool-tips, screenshots, videos. When I type something into the search bar, the normal drop down box with all the related pages doesn't show up.

http://imgur.com/Nl69tZ8

Sorry, thumbnails don't like me.

Any suggestions? I've tried emptying my cache and deleting cookies, but it just doesn't do anything. I've tried wowhead in both IE and Chrome, yet they both do the same thing.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=87880 The item you are looking for doesn't show up in WoWhead searches. But the site appears to be working fine. You might be getting redirected to a fake site. Might want to run your antivirus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=87880 The item you are looking for doesn't show up in WoWhead searches. But the site appears to be working fine. You might be getting redirected to a fake site. Might want to run your antivirus.
    Giving it a run now. Just for the sake of it, when i clicked on that link you provided, the page still looked like it wasn't loaded properly.

---------- Post added 2013-03-28 at 06:20 PM ----------

Well, the scan completed, found like 25 threats, and resolved them. Gave the all clear, but WoWhead is still not loading properly.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've had this problem several times the past year, and searched for a long time for a fix without luck. The best I can tell is wait it out. It will resolve itself at some point, until then, it might be working on a different computer/smartphone, or you could try an alternate site like WoWDB or something

10+ Year Old Account
    Try Firefox its a lot safer then IE for sure ....I just loaded in Wowhead and its working fine for me....

10+ Year Old Account
    i've got the exact same issue, started about 29hrs ago.
    i've had it a few time before, and like Merany said, the only resolution i've found is patience. gotta wait it out

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragemaine View Post
    i've got the exact same issue, started about 29hrs ago.
    i've had it a few time before, and like Merany said, the only resolution i've found is patience. gotta wait it out
    Well, good to know its not just me. And if an anti-virus scan, and several cache clears didn't fix it, then I guess I just gotta wait.

Hi Auxis and Ragemaine,

I'm having the same problem as both of you and live in the same area (Perth, WA). Would you both be using iinet or Westnet as your ISP? If so, it's likely the problem is possibly being caused by their DNS server. I've tested this in the following ways:

* Using IE, Firefox and Chrome on my main PC (with ipconfig /flushdns) and the problem still happens
    * Used Chrome on another computer at home that I've never loaded the WOWhead site on before. The problem still happens.

The only common factor between the two is my internet connection itself and associated bits such as DNS. I changed my DNS settings from my router's IP to Google's DNS (8.8.8.8), did an IPconfig /flushdns, restarted the browser. Upon doing this, Wowhead now seems to load correctly on my main PC in all browsers.

Maybe try it and see how it goes? Thanks.

Ben having the same issue, and also from Perth using iiNet. Good to know I'm not the only one XD

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm using iiNet.

Might be somekind of unexpected consequence of a content push for an April Fools type thing messing with their server backend.

Chances are, if everything on your end is green, and the problem just recently surfaced, then the fault is likely something on their end, in which case the only thing you can do is wait for their server people to fix it.

10+ Year Old Account
    wowhead is working for me now.