Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    From what I gather, Frost BiS is BoH and Cha-Ye's. I keep going back and forth on it. What do you guys think?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tamagee/simple

Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    The rppm trinkets like wushoolay still have plenty of rng after the changes. I've had 4 procs back to back and other times no procs for a good few minutes. Even on pulls sometimes it just doesn't proc for quite a while
    It probably feels like fishing for crits. And the new RPPM trinkets adding another layer of "fishing" for fire mages...

Fire is already really rng, especially for casuals who only have LFR gear and VP gear.
    Adding another huge RNG to that with RPPM trinkets is just meh...

I've read that Blizzard made RPPM trinkets because the previous trinkets feel "boring".
    But I personally don't feel that way.
    Because keeping track of your trinkets CDs, and holding back that pyro proc if your trinkets are about to come off from CD to use it for PoM+AT,
    is pretty fun.

RPPM trinkets just adds another RNG headache...

---------- Post added 2013-03-26 at 05:46 PM ----------

I got the LFR Breath of Hydra trinket so I've tested it for a few mins.
    There were quite some depressing moments where the BoH trinket didn't proc at all while Shadow Pan Assault trinket proc'ed "twice".
    Then after that I got a back to back proc from BoH, but then I couldn't get any good ignites. Like below 20k ignites while the BoH proc was up.

I know my crit is low for fire since the CM nerf (its currently 33.5% with personal buffs),
    but still pretty disappointing results.
    I'd probably stick with the Shadow Pan Assault trinket and Relic 484 upgraded trinket.
    It feels much more reliable.(at least for fire)
    Because you know when it would likely to proc, while the RPPM trinkets might not proc for mins.

Maybe I just have really bad luck... like i do with rolls etc.
    I've experienced only 10% of my fireballs critting on a boss fight even though I had 30%+ crit rating.
    I guess its something like getting gold bags week after week in LFR and world bosses =/

For fire, was it determined if Cha'Ye and Breath are BiS trinkets or will the inconsistency in Breath procs make Cha'Ye and Wushoolay BiS trinkets?

Quote Originally Posted by thehordemage View Post
    For fire, was it determined if Cha'Ye and Breath are BiS trinkets or will the inconsistency in Breath procs make Cha'Ye and Wushoolay BiS trinkets?
    It depends on the fight, if you hero at start, Breath is outright better, if its something like will of the emperor.. wushoolay's wins

I see about 4 fights where you would hero on pull. So I guess get a Wushoo's first.
    And are you saying Cha-ye would always be our 1st choice?
    Last edited by chrisnumbers; 2013-03-26 at 06:44 PM.

I am at the point where I am going fire so I am still trying to figure out what the best trinkets are for this spec, rather not try to switch between different ones, but so far not a total senses on what is best. I am assuming Cha-ye but the other ones are a toss up for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our friendly neighborhood Affliction Warlock (guildie) says that Unerring Vision of Lei Shen suddenly is really good for him because its ICD procs off multiple targets. Has anything about that trinket been changed?

e:/ typo.
    Last edited by Rinoa; 2013-03-27 at 12:31 PM.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Deleted
    nothing as it proc on damage so multi-doting will increase the chance to proc but also lowering the proc rate with a lower time_since_last _chance. So it can really boost proc chance on multi-dot past some point

Deleted
    41.3% uptime on Breath of the Hydra, rank 1 \o/

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=367#Zenevieva

Quote Originally Posted by Zenevieva View Post

Holy hell. Da pyroez.

Need some advice:
    Just a quick answer please.

Of these 4 trinkets, which ones to use for frost (haste is 9498 "cap" for 17th NT tick atm - around 26% crit raidbuffed):

Relic of Yu'lon (2/2) 484 - Wooshlay's LFR (502) - LoTC (2/2) 510 - Volatile sp trink 522.

Fyi, I'm currently using the last 2 mentioned (lotc/volatile)
    A quick answer as to why, aswell?
    armory link:

Great numbers but I don't think Breath of the Hydra suppose to have an up time of 40%... all your other fights the up time of the trinket is around 12-16% up time...

I am starting to believe Cha-ye and Wushoolay's will be our best in slot trinkets..

Thoughts anyone?

---------- Post added 2013-03-28 at 09:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hasufer View Post
    Need some advice:
    Just a quick answer please.

Of these 4 trinkets, which ones to use for frost (haste is 9498 "cap" for 17th NT tick atm - around 26% crit raidbuffed):

Relic of Yu'lon (2/2) 484 - Wooshlay's LFR (502) - LoTC (2/2) 510 - Volatile sp trink 522.

Fyi, I'm currently using the last 2 mentioned (lotc/volatile)
    A quick answer as to why, aswell?
    Cosmos and Volatile might be your best choice

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotstreaklol View Post
    Great numbers but I don't think Breath of the Hydra suppose to have an up time of 40%... all your other fights the up time of the trinket is around 12-16% up time...

I am starting to believe Cha-ye and Wushoolay's will be our best in slot trinkets..

Thoughts anyone?

Cosmos and Volatile might be your best choice
    Its mostly 20-25% uptime

Maybe the fight on Jin'rokh was pretty short + you were really lucky

Its mostly 20-25% uptime

Jin'rokh = 41.3%
    Horridon = 22.7%
    Council of Elders: 22.5%
    Tortos = 14.4% (This fight sucks for mages)

You are right, I was wrong

One of the raider (ele shaman) has been using Wushoolay's in my raid....
    Ji-Kun = 15.1%
    Durumu = 17.1%
    Primordius = 32.8%
    Dark Animus = 32.9%

Yes, it is a very small set of data to determine the pattern of Wushoolay's but as mentioned earlier in this thread Wushoolay's performs better than Breath of the Hydra in multi target fights i.e. (Horrido, council, Primordius, Dark Animus, Possibly Megaera)

I think we can safely say Cha-ye is our BiS and debate can be made for Breath vs Wushoolay's....

Breath of the Hydra = ~ 20% uptime
    Wushoolay's = TBD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    Maybe the fight on Jin'rokh was pretty short + you were really lucky
    My first pool combustion with lust was really bad

Holy hell.

Can't wait to get to ilvl 525...

Edit:

AND 4 piece....FUUUU

Quote Originally Posted by Bullarkie View Post
    Holy hell.

Can't wait to get to ilvl 525...

Edit:

AND 4 piece....FUUUU
    Couldn't agree w/this more lol. Looking forward to getting those goodies and pulling numbers like that.

I also tested BotH(522) and I could say it is still very rnd at the moment. Yulon(484) and LotcH(510) are very reliable. I saw in my logs that Yulon's uptime is almost twice longer than BotH(522)... It is very annoying, altough I have done more deeps with new trinket.

yo, i currently have Yulon's(484) and EoT(496) and im thinking of buying volatile talisman. which one should i replace if i buy the 522 trink? yulon or EoT?