Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What if they had paid raf. It would be for two accounts who are all ready active and have characters and what not. But it would be for friends or family or even yourself if you want to lvl some new characters that way you won't have to buy a new account. You would get all the bonuses except maybe the mount or the free time it would just be the xp bonus and the grant lvls and summons.

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    If anything lvling is too fast right now. Took about 3 days of played to get get to 90. And could've been faster. (New toon)
    That's 72 hours. Given how much of current content is concentrated at the endgame, I really think it's foolish to call that 'too fast'.

You dont need a RAF friend to get the benefits of RAF, you need 20 bucks and a half decent computer that can run 2 wow windows at once. Then you simply click /follow on the second account and away you go. Once that is said and done you can not only get 1 character up 300% faster but you also get auto levels that you can grant to boost another alt up levels without even doing anything on that character.

For new people without access to Heirlooms I would suggest leveling at normal speed anyways, you should experience the content and you will appreciate the journey since its not repetetive to you yet. Everythings new and you can tackle the game at your speed. Otherwise you get a case of 'too much too soon' and you end up getting kicked from pugs because you don't know what you are doing, that and people are more likely to insult you and boot you than dust the noob off you and actually show you the best ways to do something.

It's quite a lot. It's a lot of time 'wasted' because you don't really learn your class as good as in 'the old days'; most abilities are way too overpowered.
    Still love leveling a tank through the LFG though. Just fun.

IMO leveling is too quick in the 10-60 zones. These are some of the most compelling zones in the game, but yet it seems like two or three quests in any of these zones and you’re done. You never get a chance to get immersed is the story. On the other hand leveling from 80 – 90 is painfully slow especially in Panda land. Someone that is new to the game that spends most of their time leveling in dated expansion zones and Panda land isn’t likely to have the same warm fuzzy feelings about the game as those of us that spent days on end leveling in some of those old 1-60 zones.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Then learn how to read because I specifically said that I sent my daughter back to a level 1 character without RAF or heirlooms because RAF caused her to level so quickly that she didn't really understand the game well enough and needed the slow leveling process to fully grasp wow enough to play endgame in pugs. So no, new players don't need a fast track to max level, they need to spend that time learning the basics of game play. Too much too fast for new players just gives a blurred experience which results in a noob who just spends the next few months getting kicked out of pugs.
    He makes no mention of your daughter or your experience with RAF and his quote in regards to your first paragraph which mentions experience boosts which he clearly states he does not have access to, so I am not sure why you are throwing around insults about needing to learn to read.

I am somewhat perplexed as to why you made your daughter level from level one after using the RAF boost when the levelling experience is generally rather poor in teaching new players how to play their class. Surely sitting down with her for an hour and talking through her class abilities and what is expected for end game play would have taught her more than re-levelling from level one ever could?

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    The problem is how Blizz goes about leveling. Like for instance, they gave us exp from Pet Battles, it was faster then actual questing, so they nerfed it. Now you can't really level from it. They are forcing us to only level through quests/dungeons. They fall under the guise of "People will only do the most efficient way" but forcing us into a way isn't good either. I have done the quests in the game so many times I can't stand them anymore.
    So your actually complaining we have to level through quests and dungeons, in a MMO set in magic and medieval sceanrio...

The leveling is fine, personally I find 1-58 goes to quick, the only zone I just manage to do the whole quest line in, is Badlands, the rest I out level it before I finish

58-70 is fine, instances as a dps while you quest goes quick enough

70-80 is my worst, but even then, I do it while 0 motivation and 0 interest in a few nights,

80-85 is meh I've done it twice in mop, 80-81 is generally quick, 81-83 is slow questing and instances in deepholme, but 83-85 in Uldum and Twilight highlands is fast,

85-90 is long yes, but suck it up its the current content, I can do it in a week and have 5 90s, and a 89, while I do 2 Full A levels in a year and a Level 3 course, as well as teaching 3 nights a week,

AND I did my last 90 on a new server, on a completely different realm with no looms, and he still only took just over 2 weeks casually leveling,

Leveling is fine, but when people do it, they get distracted easily, watching movies the same time, browsing the internet, going afk to eat, talking to guildies and it slows it right up,

Edit:

Forgot to mention, if your a gatherer, its a stupid amount of EXP, skinning and herbing with Jade Temple as a random and Stormshout brewery specific, I level'd my priest from 85-86 purley skinning those tigers and picking green tea leafs

Also keep in mind people moaning about having to level to many alts, really you should have a main, maybe a single alt or two for fun / pvp / trying out a new character, I remeber back in TBC everyone had one main at 70 and a low level alt, as 60-61 was 1 million exp
    Last edited by Rotted; 2013-03-28 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rakhakash View Post
    It's quite a lot. It's a lot of time 'wasted' because you don't really learn your class as good as in 'the old days'; most abilities are way too overpowered.
    Still love leveling a tank through the LFG though. Just fun.
    Agree, I think leveling is like (mostly in MoP, since you really don't start the damn game till you hit 90 and start dailys) a openning credits scene in a movie, nothing to intresting happenning just story telling, and once you hit 90 and start doing Heroics, Raid finder you start to research your class and learn fights. (don't tell me regular instance require that, because they can easly be tank and spank) WoW really don't get fun till end game, where you have to learn fights, before that its brain dead grinding, thank god they made epic easy to get because when I get to raid finder, I just want to aoe and watch tv (which I do) 10k damage, thats good enough for me, since that what I learn while I level up as long as the boss dies and you get loot, who care right? its not like you will get booted.

I think the reason leveling feels so slow is because once you hit 90, you know you still have to level (rep grind)
    Last edited by Kioshi; 2013-03-28 at 07:31 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    At least for PvE it is, leveling to maxlevel is just the halfway mark. Once there you needed to level the reputations ..
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Also keep in mind people moaning about having to level to many alts, really you should have a main, maybe a single alt or two for fun / pvp / trying out a new character, I remeber back in TBC everyone had one main at 70 and a low level alt, as 60-61 was 1 million exp
    Yep, people should only play the game the way you think it should be played, else they are just whining and moaning. In TBC I had four 70s, sounds like you're just a terrible player if you didn't know how to level more than 1. Or maybe you're just extremely lazy, because I made time to level four you should have been able to level four.

See, we can all twist things around and think our way is the only correct way of playing

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    He makes no mention of your daughter or your experience with RAF and his quote in regards to your first paragraph which mentions experience boosts which he clearly states he does not have access to, so I am not sure why you are throwing around insults about needing to learn to read.

I am somewhat perplexed as to why you made your daughter level from level one after using the RAF boost when the levelling experience is generally rather poor in teaching new players how to play their class. Surely sitting down with her for an hour and talking through her class abilities and what is expected for end game play would have taught her more than re-levelling from level one ever could?
    What about people without access to heirlooms or RAF? -> Well my daughter used RAF and it was too fast for her to grasp the game, so it was too fast for her. Does boosting a player to 80 really help someone learn how to play? No.

You assume my daughter plays when ever she wants and I don't get involved in wow with her. On the Contrary, when she is playing we play togeather. You can only get the RAF bonus if you are in a certain range of your friend, otherwise its rather wasted. So we only play togeather but we were leveling so fast that I was virtually dragging her faster than her learning speed, not only did we have +300% exp but she had my expertise on how to shoot through the game rather than figuring it out yourself. You learn warcraft better if you trudge through it yourself at your own speed. Even though she went back to level 1 I was there to help her, but we slowed down the learning process by not using the RAF bonus.

So no, I dont suggest new players actually use RAF or Heirlooms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    So no, I dont suggest new players actually use RAF or Heirlooms.
    Agreed.

I started this game in '05, never playing an MMO in my life. The learning curve was rough, but I feel like I would have never been at a comfortable level with the game if I hadn't learned on my own. Hell, I got my first character to level 40 without even knowing I could have more than one action bar. Lol. People just telling me what to do has never really helped me.

OT:: I don't think the leveling is too much in the slightest. Even now, WoW is still one of the shorter grinds of MMOs in terms of leveling. That, and I personally find it interesting now. This is truly a statement considering that I hated questing so much that in Vanilla, I grinded all the way from 6 to 60. With the new world, 1-60 is light years better than before and much quicker, I don't mind 60-70 because I like BC, 70-80 is meh, 80-85 is alright, and 85-90 is still very interesting to me.
    Last edited by Yuni; 2013-03-28 at 07:43 PM.
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.-George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Brash View Post
    But aren't you suggesting the same thing with the 50% exp buff daily? I agree leveling a new character from 1-90 can be a bit tedious, but that's the price you pay for playing alts. The cold reality is you can just play one or two characters. But I like playing multiple characters, so I suck it up and level them.
    Of course, not every new toon is an alt. If you're not friend-ed in, imagine how daunting it must be for new players. What other game requires a 100 hour time commitment before you can even start playing the game?
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

I leveled from 83-85 killing trogs in Deepholm, it was probably the same speed as questing in other zones but the difference was farming the mobs for loot. I bought 3 potions of treasure finding and I think I dinged 85 during the second potion. So just under 2 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's too early to nerf the exp for 85-90 but I do wish that MOP had 2 starting areas, ala Wrath and Cata. Sure you can branch out at 86 but it makes it feel repetitive (much like hellfire in BC). That's just my 2 cents though. Wrath and Cata were repetitive too after 8 max level toons but it felt a little more varied.

if you have BOA gear that pretty much gives you a 45% buff as it is, and it shows. I'm leveling a druid with my cousin who just started playing, i'm all decked out in my gear and i'm at least 3 levels ahead of him since every dungeon we do that has quests i can guarantee at least before 60 will pop at least once if not twice. afterwards past 85-90 it is a good idea to keep that gear, sure it makes you a shit load weaker but the XP boost makes up for it.

So much complaining in this thread. I started playing at release and my first couple characers took 10-12 days to level 1-60. Right before BC i leveled an alt 1-60 in 4 days but that was intentionally trying to do it as fast as I could with help from other people.

Just seems to me that the people that are complaining dont want to have to level anymore, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    Of course, not every new toon is an alt. If you're not friend-ed in, imagine how daunting it must be for new players. What other game requires a 100 hour time commitment before you can even start playing the game?
    Before you can even start playing the game? Blowing it out of porportion aren't you? Just because you are not shot straight to end game does not mean you are not playing the game. I rather enjoy playing low level alts because I get to try out new quest chains, run through classic dungeons with other players and choose new ways to complete old tasks.

The game doesn't start at level 85, it starts at level 1. Any other mindset on the matter is entirely self-imposed.

10+ Year Old Account
    In terms of time spent I believe there's less time needed to get to end game now than what was needed in either vanilla or BC. Personally, I'm fine with leveling as it is. Asking for nerfing of XP for 85-90 right now is too soon. If you don't enjoy leveling, don't make alts. And if GC's musings about professions bears fruit, there may be a lot less need for alts.

I'm assuming that at some point, Blizzard will bow to the lazy and start providing near-end-game toons as a regular thing but I don't think I'll ever take advantage of it.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    if you have BOA gear that pretty much gives you a 45% buff as it is, and it shows. I'm leveling a druid with my cousin who just started playing, i'm all decked out in my gear and i'm at least 3 levels ahead of him since every dungeon we do that has quests i can guarantee at least before 60 will pop at least once if not twice. afterwards past 85-90 it is a good idea to keep that gear, sure it makes you a shit load weaker but the XP boost makes up for it.
    And BC content is -still- intolerable to level through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.