Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Pets on Jin'rokh

Do they get the damage buff? I was pretty sure they did as long as the Warlock himself stands in the puddle, but after my pet nearly doing no damage to him on yesterday's down I'm not so sure. The top-ranking Destruction Warlock on the fight also seems to have been Sac specced, looking at WoL.

Deleted
    I was there last night, iirc the waters debuff was showing up on the imp when I had it, but his output wasn't matching up.

I think it's supposed to transfer the buff, but I don't believe it's working properly - could be wrong though.

Ranked 20th using GrimSac on Heroic; I tried using my Imp for a few pulls but the damage wasn't as good. I have yet to get a definitive answer on how the pool effects pets, however I was led to believe that they receive the buff if they are standing in the water.
    Last edited by Xandy; 2013-03-28 at 04:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    I was there last night, iirc the waters debuff was showing up on the imp when I had it, but his output wasn't matching up.

I think it's supposed to transfer the buff, but I don't believe it's working properly - could be wrong though.
    o.o we did not see this coming, did we? We did not already know that sacrifice would still come out on top, simply because AI sucks, pets despawn or because pets don't get the benefit from bossmechanic#7. We didn't realize.
    Jokes aside... lol...

We usually beat the enrage by several minuttes, so I can't imagine that it's a challenge for anyone who manages to deal with the mechanics correctly. So I guess it doesn't really matter, in the end. But sacrifice generally comes out on top on .. all fights .. cuz.. AI...

Deleted
    [23:26:37.220] Wikpik Gangréclair Jin’rokh le Briseur 40378
    [23:26:40.669] Wikpik Gangréclair Jin’rokh le Briseur 42666
    [23:26:43.295] Wikpik Gangréclair Jin’rokh le Briseur 42665
    [23:26:46.629] Wikpik Gangréclair Jin’rokh le Briseur 59732
    [23:26:51.940] Wikpik Gangréclair Jin’rokh le Briseur 56529
    40378*1.4 = 56529
    42666*1.4 = 59732
    It definitely works !

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    40378*1.4 = 56529
    42666*1.4 = 59732
    It definitely works !
    Thanks Zum. <3

Even if pets do get the modifier, if you play destro (in particular) correctly, SAC will always win out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazda View Post
    Even if pets do get the modifier, if you play destro (in particular) correctly, SAC will always win out.
    Please elaborate!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazda View Post
    No, and it's far off. This is with BiS gear: http://simulationcraft.org/520/Pets_...struction.html
    Sac is even further behind with worse gear.

Deleted
    What he meant is that if you can optimize your DPS with the 40% buff you could do more in GoSac.
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2013-03-28 at 10:58 PM.

Simcraft doesn't simulate very well for when people are capable of making "smart", "human" decisions. If you are able to push EVERYTHING into your chaos bolts while DS is up and you are standing in the pools, then you will do more than if you have a pet. When there is a + dmg modifier on a boss for a certain duration of time, then you want to push as much of your dmg as possible onto the boss DURING that time period. As far as ranged goes, mage and warlock cd's match up very well with pool timings, which causes them to excel at dps. (rogues also do well, but I don't play one)

tl;dr Destro locks are EXTREMELY well equipped for 20 second burst periods (pool modifier). By pushing even more of your dmg into Chaos Bolt and Shadowburn (GoSac instead of GoSup) during those intervals, you do more dps than if you had a pet constantly attacking the boss for moderate dmg the entire fight.

A little off-topic but still relevant. Do you guys use 4-pc T14 for Jin'rokh for the reduced cd on Demon Soul?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkith View Post
    A little off-topic but still relevant. Do you guys use 4-pc T14 for Jin'rokh for the reduced cd on Demon Soul?
    I personally didn't. The ilvl loss is too much imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    I personally didn't. The ilvl loss is too much imo.
    What if your 4pc is 517ilvl?

10+ Year Old Account
    If your entire 4pc is 517 I would keep it around for a little bit, especially if the only other items you'd be replacing it with are 522 non-tier (obviously less-so when setbonuses come into play and higher-ilvl pieces come up). I personally had no tier headpiece available at the end of T14, and 3 pieces were 496, so I quickly replaced both the 4pc and 2pc with heroic shoulders and thunderforged hands as well as normal legs, the gain was just too much.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    No, and it's far off. This is with BiS gear: http://simulationcraft.org/520/Pets_...struction.html
    That is simcraft. Simcraft does not have such an advanced action priority that it accounts for great usage of temporary buffs given by trinkets, encounter-specific mechanics, or other kind of procs, very well. Which has been my problem with simcraft for quite a while (as a tool to determine secondary stat's values), and for as far as we know, Destruction (or more specifically destro-sac) might be much more viable/OP than people are crying out. Sure in 5.0 Affliction was OP and we had to resort to a haste-proc trinket with which you can't line up chaosbolts (it doesn't do much to it =3). However, now we have a pretty decent toolkit to work with, and Sac rewards good play quite a bit. So much that I even experiment by using Sac on every fight, seriously, because there hasn't been a Zor'lok-like fight yet where pets are an incredible gain, IMO. (Dark Animus might be an exception as I stop casting to free tanks on normal difficulty quite frequently, however we use a tactic in which DPS doesn't matter on that fight one bit, so it's rather minor.)
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Hold onto it. Being able to use DS for every pool is far too good to pass on. Most fights, the 5 ilvls worth of stats and the 2 set will be worth dropping the old 4 set for, but for Jin'rokh, I'd do T14 4 set 517.

Almost the entire first page of this fight on the PTR thread for Jin'rokh was about how pets weren't getting the buff from their masters. This was promptly fixed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    See this is the problem, you are looking at simcraft like it really means anything, have you checked the APL for destro with sac, its absoloutely terrible, if you are only pulling the numbers simcraft is giving you as sac destro (esp with heavy mastery) then you are playing immensely bad.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...k%C3%AD/simple

My armory, and i will continue to stack mastery through the roof, just because with careful use of embers on trinket procs the damage you can pull off is absoloutely insane, im almost sure that the haste crit and sup build is stronger on single target, but mastery sac really isint a kick in the balls off and its much much more effective as soon as there is secondary targets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Hold onto it. Being able to use DS for every pool is far too good to pass on. Most fights, the 5 ilvls worth of stats and the 2 set will be worth dropping the old 4 set for, but for Jin'rokh, I'd do T14 4 set 517.
    Imo the effort it takes to reoptimize your gear for a fight as easy as Jin'rokh defeats the purpose of it. If you are beating the enrage by 2-3 minuttes, why on earth bother spending 5 min before and after redoing your gearset?

Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    Imo the effort it takes to reoptimize your gear for a fight as easy as Jin'rokh defeats the purpose of it. If you are beating the enrage by 2-3 minuttes, why on earth bother spending 5 min before and after redoing your gearset?

I personally use the same setup for H Jin and H Horridon.