Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's just so interesting, how, in this ever-changing game world, where new things are discovered and added and changed all the time...

People are so dead-set on "welp, that's how it's always been. The only people who would think otherwise are idiots."

I just don't understand that. Did anyone from Europe know America was there until someone went there and came back? No, they didn't. So why can't the same thing happen here?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    Just came across this ingame in the Orgrimmar inscription shop. Noticed the globes standing on the table and wanted a closer look. Sorry for the horrible paint image...

Well... If that's what the world currently looks like to the people of Azeroth then it's understandable that ships and zeppelins might wanna go across the Great Sea rather than the Veiled/Forbidding Sea. And look at that huge puddle of water on the other side... Stretches about as far as the distance from western shore of Kalimdor to the eastern shore of the Eastern Kingdoms...

I'm sure we can retcon some landmass in there.
    That map... how has no one noticed Pandaria off Tanaris or Stranglethorn before now it's like you'd sail right into it

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    It's just so interesting, how, in this ever-changing game world, where new things are discovered and added and changed all the time...

People are so dead-set on "welp, that's how it's always been. The only people who would think otherwise are idiots."

I just don't understand that. Did anyone from Europe know America was there until someone went there and came back? No, they didn't. So why can't the same thing happen here?
    Let's think about this logically for a second. We know that Azeroth was one landmass before the sundering. So picture the globe with all the current landmasses connected at the center point of the maelstrom. Sundering happens and it sends those land masses away from that center point. We have a north, east, south, and west landmass. In order for there to be something on the other side, that means there would have been something that broke it apart from one of the current landmasses, which isn't currently in the lore. Also, all of the landmasses are pretty much an equal distance (give or take) away from each other. This means the "extra" landmass would have to be somewhere near one of the current landmasses, which is highly unlikely. So in order for this to happen, they would have to retcon one of the biggest plot points of WoW.

Of course, they could pull something out of a hat, but it is incredibly unlikely. At the most it would be a couple of islands.

EDIT: Just remembered, there are actually islands in the south seas currently. Kul Tiras I believe is one of them. It just isn't present in WoW yet.
    Last edited by Kreek; 2013-03-29 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post

It's not that it can't happen. I just find it unlikely. Any area in Azeroth that is not playable, has some kind of lore associated with it as background. Pandaria, we'd never been to before, but we knew it was out there somewhere. There's never been any hint to anything on the other side. The Night Elves have lived for over 10,000 years. Surely they would have found it or at the very least, heard some kind of rumors of something out there.

Sure there's the whole "people have gone, and never returned." We don't know how many have gone that way. Probably not many. Could have found a new land mass that ended up killing them. More likely in my opinion, is that they ran into storms, krakens, or leviathans or ran out of supplies
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grisset View Post
    It's not that it can't happen. I just find it unlikely. Any area in Azeroth that is not playable, has some kind of lore associated with it as background. Pandaria, we'd never been to before, but we knew it was out there somewhere. There's never been any hint to anything on the other side. The Night Elves have lived for over 10,000 years. Surely they would have found it or at the very least, heard some kind of rumors of something out there.

Sure there's the whole "people have gone, and never returned." We don't know how many have gone that way. Probably not many. Could have found a new land mass that ended up killing them. More likely in my opinion, is that they ran into storms, krakens, or leviathans or ran out of supplies
    I agree. When Blizzard announced MoP they said that they wanted to do this because they could make something new from scratch, and build up brand new lore for it. So I think they'll go back on track again next expansion when it comes to known places etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another map side of Azeroth could work out for us. :P
    I think the Broken Isles should be here in their glory and with the Tomb of Sargeras, Izal-Shurah, and Arauk-Nashal as possible new dungeons and a Great Flood to change most of the landscapes like the Cataclysm did with the zones.
    Could give the Naga another area for their kingdom and a chance to have another underwater kingdom under Queen Azshara's image, and rename a few places in the great flood and change a lot of places around and give certain zones to other factions and so forth. The Isle of Dread could be named the Seafloor of Dread and with the Dreadscale Naga doing a lot of bad things in Feralas to chase away the Alliance and leaving the Horde to take it over from their strength.
    Other things they could do is make sure the place has other places to go on the other side and have even more land masses for them to explore for their own needs.
    For the Horde!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LimeWyndham View Post
    I actually didn't mind vash'jir
    blasphemy.
    can still remember that dev with the big bottom lip saying we were going to be blowned away by it ...i hated it so much i leveled all my other 4 chars to 90 without going through it...even pvping for scraps of xp when i had to

Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    blasphemy.
    can still remember that dev with the big bottom lip saying we were going to be blowned away by it ...i hated it so much i leveled all my other 4 chars to 90 without going through it...even pvping for scraps of xp when i had to
    Yours is the blasphemy. Vash'jir is awesome
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDDGuides View Post
    Naturally, the next expansion must be Burning Legion themed (I mean, there's only 7 million clues)
    I hope not. Will the expansion after that be wolk II? with more trolls and Onyxia...? Let's flesh out some other existing lore please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grisset View Post
    Yours is the blasphemy. Vash'jir is awesome
    Agreed I love Vash'jir because Blizzard was ballsy enough to put an underwater zone in wow.People don't like it because there is quite the big stigma against water levels/zones in video games.I don't blame them there has been some god awful ones.but vashjir did a decent job with how old the game is.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I hope not. Will the expansion after that be wolk II? with more trolls and Onyxia...? Let's flesh out some other existing lore please.
    Bolvar's been corrupted by the Lich King and the Scourge have risen against the Horde and Alliance once more, led by Kel'thuzad, reanimated from his phylactery. Kalecgos takes it upon himself to prevent the mortal arcanists from allowing the Burning Legion to re-enter Azeroth, declaring war on the Kirin Tor and diverting the world's ley lines to Coldarra, igniting the second nexus war. Meanwhile, due to the recent Legion conflict Algalon the Observer has been sent back to Ulduar to determine whether planetary re-origination is needed. Some of the black dragonflight have apparently gone unnoticed by Wrathion, watching over twilight eggs in the Obsidian Sanctum. Tirion Fordring gathers the champions of the light together once more under the banner of the Argent Crusade to take the fight to the Lich King in Northrend. BAM, expansion after next.

Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    Bolvar's been corrupted by the Lich King and the Scourge have risen against the Horde and Alliance once more, led by Kel'thuzad, reanimated from his phylactery. Kalecgos takes it upon himself to prevent the mortal arcanists from allowing the Burning Legion to re-enter Azeroth, declaring war on the Kirin Tor and diverting the world's ley lines to Coldarra, igniting the second nexus war. Meanwhile, due to the recent Legion conflict Algalon the Observer has been sent back to Ulduar to determine whether planetary re-origination is needed. Some of the black dragonflight have apparently gone unnoticed by Wrathion, watching over twilight eggs in the Obsidian Sanctum. Tirion Fordring gathers the champions of the light together once more under the banner of the Argent Crusade to take the fight to the Lich King in Northrend. BAM, expansion after next.
    I laughed.

Also wouldn't be surprised if some of it happens...

Quote Originally Posted by Shroud View Post
    Agreed I love Vash'jir because Blizzard was ballsy enough to put an underwater zone in wow.People don't like it because there is quite the big stigma against water levels/zones in video games.I don't blame them there has been some god awful ones.but vashjir did a decent job with how old the game is.
    It's because you can't jump underwater. Nobody knows what to do with their hands when they can't idly jump.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I dunno if wrath content needs to be revamped or continued or anything, but bc we totally need to revisit

10+ Year Old Account
    For the sci-fi /fantasy scenario including traveling to argus an xoroth i hope for something like this:

Character(s): Velestra || Guild(s): Untotenschutzverein - MM || Sig by Lorfine

10+ Year Old Account
    This is not a map, not a projection, not a cartographic hologram. This is the actual planet as seen in the sky over Black Temple. Kalimdor and EK are on the same hemisphere. Also note that day/night is the same for both continents at the same time.

Azeroth seen from the Black Temple does look fairly similar in spacing to the globe I found and not like the world map we have ingame which leaves quite a bit more space between the continents. Another good example of Azeroth's geography.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    This is not a map, not a projection, not a cartographic hologram. This is the actual planet as seen in the sky over Black Temple. Kalimdor and EK are on the same hemisphere. Also note that day/night is the same for both continents at the same time.
    It's difficult to take seriously because you can't see Northrend or Pandaria, but it does, of course, confirm that there IS another side with space for a landmass.

I've had enough of the "land was magically hidden by a lame plot device in front of our very noses".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Funny pic... This only proves the Azeroth's lost second moon (back in vanilla WoW had 2 moon's, not just one) is in fact Outland, since we can see Azeroth from Outland. Using some science, the only way that we can justify Azeroth to just being seen from Black Temple is Outland to be in geostatic orbit around Azeroth, in other words, Outland spins around Azeroth at the same speed Azeroth sppins over himself, this means, that Outland looks to be always in the same place, similar to our current Geostatic satelaties. This also means that the lost second moon of Azeroth can now only be seen from a single small area, in Azeroth.

For the next x-pac, i would go for outlands and the Burning legion... What happened if instead of being an asteroid Outland is in fact still round shaped and has a lot of yet to be discovered areas??

EDIT: I haven't played MoP yet, i've just read on WoWWiki that the second Moon of Azeroth can currently be seen from Pandaria... I didn't know about that lol.
    Last edited by Tuor; 2013-03-29 at 12:40 PM.