Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Still waiting for some sPvP changes, only been 8 months now...
    You got leader boards, matchmaking, 2 new maps, Custom Arenas are in progress (probably getting pretty close from their cash shop mistake at patch launch), tournies are free all around now making it a lot more populated and easy to get matches as well... what more are you waiting for? There isn't -that- much more to add, just Custom Arenas and spectator mode from what i can think of...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    finnaly leaderboards

Ew, they reduced the amount of buy listings displayed in the TP to 20.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    You got leader boards, matchmaking, 2 new maps, Custom Arenas are in progress (probably getting pretty close from their cash shop mistake at patch launch), tournies are free all around now making it a lot more populated and easy to get matches as well... what more are you waiting for? There isn't -that- much more to add, just Custom Arenas and spectator mode from what i can think of...
    The major problem is everything has been in "progress"/"coming soon" for the past 8 months.

The leaders boards are based on rank according to the patch notes so far. So just the same as the QP leader boards, whoever plays the most is top, not who is actually better. They need to add an elo/rating system similar to LoL or WoW's since they are simple but work.

The current matchmaking doesn't work, putting low ranked pugs up against rank 50+ premades/guilds? Again a rating/Elo system would work better.

Custom arenas have been in the making since before beta started. So yea..so much for soon.

They had a good spectator mode and system in GW1 but didn't incorporate it into GW2, seems kind of weird. Currently GW1 PvP is superior in everyway.

The mists is pretty dead from what it used to be when paid tournaments where around on Desolation EU.

As much as I love the game, the whole "soon"/"when it's ready" thing is beyond annoying now. Alot of the stuff should of been in at launch if they were actually serious about the PvP scene.

I just started GW2 back up from a six month hiatus two days ago.

What do I need to do fort the Flame and Frost "Living Story".

I went to the capital Charr and Norn cities and saw the cutscnenes with the Desiny's Edge members and the young NPC's looking to fix this dredge/Flame Legion problem.

I then went to the Norn town and saved the people and did the same thing in the hatchery on the Charr side.

Is there any more to this event at this time? The heralds around Lion's Arch mention some Sylvari hanging around a refugee camp, but I have yet to encounter any refugee camps yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LonestarHero View Post
    I just started GW2 back up from a six month hiatus two days ago.

What do I need to do fort the Flame and Frost "Living Story".

I went to the capital Charr and Norn cities and saw the cutscnenes with the Desiny's Edge members and the young NPC's looking to fix this dredge/Flame Legion problem.

I then went to the Norn town and saved the people and did the same thing in the hatchery on the Charr side.

Is there any more to this event at this time? The heralds around Lion's Arch mention some Sylvari hanging around a refugee camp, but I have yet to encounter any refugee camps yet.

If you need more hints than what the game provides, Dulfy is the place to go

http://dulfy.net/2013/01/29/gw2-livi...-events-guide/
    http://dulfy.net/2013/02/26/gw2-lost...evement-guide/
    http://dulfy.net/2013/03/26/gw2-brah...g-story-guide/
    http://dulfy.net/2013/03/26/gw2-dead...evement-guide/
    Valar morghulis

They added a new set of horns to Charr females?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't remember seeing those..but it might be just me. Are you sure? didnt read anything in the patch notes about new horns for them.

I just checked character creation and they're there, but they can't be resized.

I honestly can't believe the 'fix' they made for culling. Nameplate only? Is that for real? Or option 2 where 3 races share the same model? I honestly find it hard to believe that a primetime MMO like GW2 now has WvW combat that looks like that.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Still waiting for some sPvP changes, only been 8 months now...
    2 new maps and a plethora of other things isn't enough for ya?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    I honestly can't believe the 'fix' they made for culling. Nameplate only? Is that for real? Or option 2 where 3 races share the same model? I honestly find it hard to believe that a primetime MMO like GW2 now has WvW combat that looks like that.

If you're playing on a toaster, yes, you can use those options.

Any decent computer can render pretty much everything.

But seriously, how much detail do you really need when you are faced with this?
    http://i.imgur.com/rCy8t7U.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/iZZDVLo.jpg

On one hand you have a "primetime" MMO where the entire server crashes if you get more than 100 players in an area or one where you can have 500+ players with loss of some detail. Honestly in those situations the last thing I'm worrying about is if the dye on their belt is matching the buttons on their shoes.
    Last edited by Karizee; 2013-03-29 at 02:03 AM.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    2 new maps and a plethora of other things isn't enough for ya?
    Let's see, MMR doesn't work. Both maps are shit. Bunkers still dominate like hell (resulting in boring gameplay). Leaderboards use the QP system ( /age not skill). Still only dom. No observer mode.

I can keep going but I think it's clear "2maps and a plethora of stuff" is BS

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    If you're playing on a toaster, yes, you can use those options.

Any decent computer can render pretty much everything.

But seriously, how much detail do you really need when you are faced with this?
    http://i.imgur.com/rCy8t7U.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/iZZDVLo.jpg

On one hand you have a "primetime" MMO where the entire server crashes if you get more than 100 players in an area or one where you can have 500+ players with loss of some detail. Honestly in those situations the last thing I'm worrying about is if the dye on their belt is matching the buttons on their shoes.
    Its more just the principal, it feels like a bandaid fix.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    Its more just the principal, it feels like a bandaid fix.
    It's the best they can do when it's the computer that's limited.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Let's see, MMR doesn't work. Both maps are shit. Bunkers still dominate like hell (resulting in boring gameplay). Leaderboards use the QP system ( /age not skill). Still only dom. No observer mode.

I can keep going but I think it's clear "2maps and a plethora of stuff" is BS
    can you give me prove that the leaderboards work on /age???

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by syom View Post
    can you give me prove that the leaderboards work on /age???
    SPvP leaderboards are based of player rank which requires nothing more than farming points in hot join, so basically who ever plays the most.

As for proof it's in the patch notes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm, did the two new mini dungeons... very little content it seems. Nice enough way to kill an hour though I suppose.

Do you need a full party for those dungeons?

Deleted
    SPvP leaderboards are based of player rank which requires nothing more than farming points in hot join, so basically who ever plays the most.

As for proof it's in the patch notes.
    ugh.. i was so excited for leaderboards i thought it would work on the amount of W/L.....