Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by McLockhart View Post
    Yes, but that still doesn't allow him to lead the Stonemaul. Had he not beaten their leader but still got to lead the Stonemaul, then his blood would indeed be that which allowed him to lead them.
    Without his blood he would have had no right to challenge the leader at all, meaning his blood allowed him to lead them.

It is a fair point, but let me ask this. If his blood allowed him to lead the clan, then why would he need to fight their leader to win?

If the statement: "His blood allowed him to lead the clan", holds true, then he should not have to fight their leader. But that was not what happened. True, his blood allowed him to join the clan and exercise the right to challenge the leader. But it was only when he defeated the leader that he could lead them. Therefore, he only got to lead the Stonemaul since he defeated their leader.
    Because the strongest "Ogre" rules the clan, anyone with ogre blood can lead if he beats the current chieftain. If he had no ogre blood to begin with he could have killed the leader and they still wouldn't follow him, since he wouldn't be considered part of the clan.

Deleted
    Do ogres even know "leadership by legacy"? the way i understood it is "leadership by strenght"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    so why are we even arguing this point? he beat the leader of the stonemaul clan. that makes him the chieftain and therefore the de facto leader of them.

Veressa is neither the last or the least or the Windrunners.

Although Rexxar is indeed a half-breed (Ogre and orc if I remember correctly) this does not entitle him to lead the Stonemaul Ogres in any way. He's Mok'nathal, a clan of half-breeds who reside in Outland. They have no connection, bar from their race, to the Stonemaul or any other ogres or Azeroth.

But I guess Blizzard could make some lore about that. Perhaps that the ogres of Azeroth originate from Outland? That the Mok'nathal were a superior race or a ruling family to the ogres? Who knows?
    Tsk tsk

Kor'Gall, the leader of the Stonemaul, wielder of Serathil, became the leader of the Stonemaul clan in Kalimdor.
    One day, Rexxar approached him and asked to be accepted into the clan, and after trials, he did. He then asked Kor'Gall to help the Horde, and was refused.
    To make a long story short, Rexxar killed Kor'Gall and became the chieftain of the Stonemaul clan.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only pre-requisite to challenge the Stonemaul leader was to have "ogre blood" my guess is it was loophole-ey as I don't think they expected half-breeds to ever challenge them -or even succeeding if they did- nonetheless, Rexxar downed the old leader and won the right to become their leader, fair and square.

Now, would he return to the Stonemaul, or he is still more interested on rejoining the Mok'nathal? Would be them a better option to be playable than Ogres?

Vereesa is the obvious choice to be the high elf racial leader, I hate how people try to paint her like the stupid sister. Even if it's right the the books focus mostly on her being Rhonin's love interest, her reasons for being involved are justified. She isn't presented as anything less than competent and even good at being a ranger -showing she has come a long way since her less than stellar beginnings-

Since Wotlk, she was the only high elf to try to unite under a same banner the remnants of her race. She is as proud of her elven heritage as she is about her loyalty to the alliance, thusly she sees the blood elves as betrayers not worthy of any trust. If a bit extremist, I think it builds to her as a character. Recent events since ToW have only built to this hatred in a justifiable way, and its great to see the high elves more militarized than ever.

A part of me agrees though, that it would have been easier to turn all high elves into blood elves when the change occurred; we wouldn't be feeling like an important race is being sidelined just because of game mechanics.

And the most exciting part, with Vereesa and the high elves on the alliance and Sylvanas and Quel'thalas on the horde, the return of Alleria would be amazeballs. I would even understand making her neutral over this -especially if the over arching threat is bigger than faction disputes.

Doesnt like Vereesa die in 5.2? She got hurt atleast :Y

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course Ogres for the Horde and High Elves for the Alliance is a debt that Blizzard has towards his most loyal audience: us.

From the beginning of the Warcraft universe (many years ago) the High Elves and the Ogres were linked to the Alliance and the Horde respectively, and many of us would like that these races had their deserved importance in the World of Warcraft, ie being playable and playing a role in the world.

Obviously if Blizzard thinks a bit in ourselves and in what is right, the high elves and the ogres will be playable races, will have their leaders, their capitals, their starting areas, their settlements and cities, their mounts, their own architecture, their symbology, etc... like the other races.

Now, I, as a member of the Alliance, would like to discuss a few things about the High Elves:

• The optimum would be that the High Elves were an independent race with their own models, animations, voices and dialogues... Many will say that it can not be, that with the Blood Elves at stake that panorama would be impossible, but I say... Yes they can! Nothing is impossible for Blizzard! however it would also be acceptable that the Thalassian Elves would become a neutral race as the Pandaren, so they can divide into Blood Elves or High Elves according to their chosen faction.

• Moreover I must say that all the high elves are not just those of the Silver Covenant. The high elves that follow to Vereesa are only a small group of the high elves that are scattered throughout Azeroth and other worlds. In fact the high elves of the Silver Covenant are only the high elves of the kingdom of Dalaran, nothing more.

• I also like to talk about the leadership of the High Elves. Vereesa is considered as a candidate to lead all High Elves, however I do not think so. Vereesa makes her home in Dalaran and is the leader of the High Elves of Dalaran, but does not have enough charisma to lead all High Elves. But there is anyone who has it, her sister, Alleria. When Alleria comes back as the prodigal daughter all the High Elves of wherever they are will see her as an image of hope for their people. Alleria, a hero of her people and a strong leader loyal to the Alliance. Along with her the fate of the Quel'dorei is assured.

• Finally I would like to talk about the physical location of the High Elves. They are currently scattered throughout Azeroth and other worlds, but their main center of operations and last bastion of their noble race is safe. I am referring to Greenwood, that area currently inaccessible in the game located between Lordaeron and Quel'Thalas. From there Alleria could lead her race, while keeps out the Forsaken and the Blood Elves, who attack their territory by both sides. In fact that huge zone could contain their starting area, and their "capital" could be a new elven district located where the old Stormwind Park was located.
    Last edited by Northem; 2013-03-29 at 09:03 PM.

As long as the outcome equals Ogres for next playable Horde race I'm all in.

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    snip
    The high elves had a smaller population than the Gnomeregan Exiles. Then with the destruction of Theramore and Quel'Lithien that number is significantly reduced. The only other lodge is Quel'Danil and that was attacked by the Forsaken. Even though they repelled the attack it's doubtful they didn't lose some rangers. The bulk of the high elves seem to be with the Silver Covenant which is roughly the size of the Sunreavers who represented a small portion of blood elven society.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be better if Dustwallow Marsh became a neutral zone, Feralas a Horde zone, and this new Greenwood as a Alliance zone and the new place for the Alliance in Feralas once was. I don't see Clefthooves living in marches and Feralas is a better choice honestly for them to raise the mighty mammals. Dire Maul can become a city for the Horde, and it will have Ogres, Orcs, Tauren, Blood Elves, Goblins, Trolls, and Forsaken there to do whatever with the city.
    The Freewind Tauren now can have part of the city to themselves called Freewind Refuge, Blood Elf Explorers could also take over the Library, the Orcs could help protect the city from threats and the trolls as well can do the same, Goblins can mine a close by mines they created, and even the Forsaken could do some good to in the city.
    I think its just Feralas would be better, but still Dustwallow Marsh should be a neutral and that's that.
    Also I'm up for Rexxar leading the Horde Ogres, and Blizzard should make a whole lot of Ogres and that would work for everyone for having playable Ogres.
    For the Horde!

Although Rexxar is indeed a half-breed (Ogre and orc if I remember correctly) this does not entitle him to lead the Stonemaul Ogres in any way. He's Mok'nathal, a clan of half-breeds who reside in Outland. They have no connection, bar from their race, to the Stonemaul or any other ogres or Azeroth.
    Rexxar is officially a member of the Stonemaul clan, and ANY member of a clan can challenge for leadership. There used to be a Horde quest - I assume it's gone since Cataclysm, though honestly I haven't done Duskwallow Marsh but it makes sense that they'd move the story forward past that point - that made you, the player, the Chieftain of the Stonemauls before you passed it on to some quest giver.

And Rexxar himself was already once Chieftain of the Stonemaul Clan, after defeating Kor'gall during the events of WCIII.

Edit: And I'm pretty sure Rexxar isn't a part of the Mok'nathal clan in any official capacity. His father is the Chieftain and the last we see of Rexxar in Outlands his father refuses to accept him but Rexxar stays behind to keep an eye on the clan and try to prove himself, anyway.
    Last edited by nnelson54; 2013-03-29 at 11:07 PM.

More than Vereesa though something I'd like to see is Alleria returning next expansion and uniting the high elves under her, seeking out a new homeland for them somewhere and gathering them up from wherever they've scattered to.

But more likely I suspect that either Turalyon will be an alliance representative and Alleria a Horde one reuniting with Silvermoon instead, as I get the feeling this duo is either going to go that route or end up as neutral as Malfurion was in Cata to fight the Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    Thing is if anyone rejoined anyone it would be the Blood Elves rejoining the High Elves. Since Blood Elves don't need Fel energy to sustain themselves anymore they are technically back to being High Elves. They are Blood Elves in name only and the fact that they still have Green Eyes, even though that was a sign of fel taint.
    Blood Elves refers to the sacrifice of the elves fighting against the scourge, not that they used fel energy. They were called Blood Elves before they began using fel energy. So it should be the smaller group that doesnt have possession of the race's homeland that would be doing the rejoining, aka the High Elves.

---------- Post added 2013-03-29 at 11:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    But more likely I suspect that either Turalyon will be an alliance representative and Alleria a Horde one reuniting with Silvermoon instead, as I get the feeling this duo is either going to go that route or end up as neutral as Malfurion was in Cata to fight the Legion.
    I dont know what they are going to do with these characters. Turalyon would obviously be connected to the Alliance or has the possibility of being a neutral character. Alleria is related to people on both sides and loyal to a city that has changed sides and is now allied with the factions she used to fight against. Alleria will have to have gotten past her conflict with orcs and trolls to join the horde and its possible she has if she has been fighting something besides orcs and trolls since going missing.

If they both come back its unlikely that they would be split up between factions which means they are either both neutral or both alliance or Turalyon is alliance and Alleria is neutral. Or it turns out that Turalyon is dead so Alleria has more choice. As much as I like Turalyon I think this would be a more interesting story. Alleria has to chose between her sisters, her homeland and her enemies instead of being heavily influenced by her husband who really has no choice but to be Alliance.

Agreed. I'm glad to have spurred some reasonable discussion on this topic. I really like the idea of using these races in the next expac; especially with the whole concept they've run with of putting the Warcraft back in WoW. What better way to get that classic feel once again than to add back two iconic races from games past.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    More than Vereesa though something I'd like to see is Alleria returning next expansion and uniting the high elves under her, seeking out a new homeland for them somewhere and gathering them up from wherever they've scattered to.

I agree with you on both points.

Nothing else would like me more that it happen what you say in the first paragraph, however what you say in the second one will happen unfortunately...