Horridon's Horrible Hassling

I am a 505 SMF warrior (Minoke @ Area 52), with good stats, 22.5% crit.

But... my numbers are absolustely atrocious on the Horridon fight. I have no idea what's going on, or how to improve myself. I don't have a log. Just... general tips and tactics would be appreciated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jrch5618 View Post

But... my numbers are absolustely atrocious on the Horridon fight. I have no idea what's going on, or how to improve myself. I don't have a log. Just... general tips and tactics would be appreciated.

Any logs to show us?
    Talent used?
    Gliph of raging wind or not? (yes, tg is better, but the gliph is mandatory here)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...inoke/advanced is my current armory. I wasn't using Raging Wind. (Honestly had never heard of that glyph before now.)

While I don't claim to be a great warrior, I've had decent success on Horridon lately.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/nbc4s...?s=3115&e=3752

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...neyards/simple

My strategy is to bladestorm + bloodbath when the first group of 2 wastewalkers comes up, then save it until the 3rd door, where I bladestorm when the two warlords come out. Get as many mobs involved with the bladestorm as you can obviously, I guess it could be considered "meter padding" but I've found it to be pretty effective, especially since I didn't get any real gear upgrades until this week's Tortos kill. I can type out my full Horridon strat if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by JediWarrior View Post
    While I don't claim to be a great warrior, I've had decent success on Horridon lately.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/nbc4s...?s=3115&e=3752

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...neyards/simple

My strategy is to bladestorm + bloodbath when the first group of 2 wastewalkers comes up, then save it until the 3rd door, where I bladestorm when the two warlords come out. Get as many mobs involved with the bladestorm as you can obviously, I guess it could be considered "meter padding" but I've found it to be pretty effective, especially since I didn't get any real gear upgrades until this week's Tortos kill. I can type out my full Horridon strat if need be.
    It would be helpful...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

if your progressing, worry less about numbers and more about killing the correct targets and interrupts etc. if you have it on farm then ignore me and carry on

It would be helpful...
    Alright. I'm drunk, but here's my best explanation.

Door 1. Wastewalkers take priority, but focus the basilisks when you can. Interrupt their stone gaze and what not. I know that 1 WW drops, then 2 do. Bladestorm when the tank has aggro on the two, mark a focus target etc. By the time the first one dies the Dinomancer should be down. Assign a person to interrupt him, and then the second he drops orb use it, then focus on dpsing the WW and try to get some time on Horridon

Door 2. Venom Priests take priority. As a warrior you can interrupt literally every cast they do. Kill the first one, then the second two drop down. Designate one person to interrupt the non-focus, and have you mark and interrupt the main focus. This is when I think you'll be able to bladestorm again. Use disrupting shout if you're mid storm and need an interrupt. You also need to keep an eye out for the venomous whatever ghost things. Rinse repeat

Door 3. Have your best dps focus the champions, the rest of the group focus warlords. Stack on one side of the gate, and move every time orbs are cast. Pretty simple

Door 4. Focus bears, then beast shaman. Flame Casters can be interrupted as well. Bladestorm accordingly.

Once all 4 doors are down, blast horridon, then kill jalak. The second Jalak's down, bloodlust -> burn horridon. Don't use bladestorm even if its up, it's a dps loss on <4 targets

Probs not the best guide, but it's not too terrible difficult. GL on CoE and Tortos... haha

Deleted
    But... my numbers are absolustely atrocious on the Horridon fight.
    What sort of numbers are we talking about?

Deleted
    I did 145k DPS as offspec Arms. This was 75% nuking boss only Only TCed the adds now and then for Deep Wounds.

Not having logs will get you only general help. But here I go:

Play TG if possible for Horridon, not SMF.
    Bladestorm is a joke. Get Dragon Roar instead, along with Glyph of Rude Interruption + Unending Rage + Raging Wind.
    Cleave Horridon as much as possible. Your tanks should be stacking the adds near the middle of his body.
    Macro Bloodbath + trinket + reck + banner and use them all together.

That's just Warrior 101, can't tell you much more without a log.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalomena View Post
    I did 145k DPS as offspec Arms. This was 75% nuking boss only Only TCed the adds now and then for Deep Wounds.
    after comparing myself to top 10 US rankings on world of logs im pretty sure thats how people are ranking with damage break downs of 75% horridon and 4-6% everything else vs myself at 55% horridon and 8%+ on all the adds.

I havent had the chance to try the fight again but this week im going to try just killing adds at the start of the fight until dinomancer drops the orb and horridon charges the wall and gains the 50% damage taken debuff. Then only switch off horridon for CD'ed bladestorm or to kill dinomancers (unless i get yelled at for being on boss full time to pad meters. )

Quote Originally Posted by NetherVortex View Post
    after comparing myself to top 10 US rankings on world of logs im pretty sure thats how people are ranking with damage break downs of 75% horridon and 4-6% everything else vs myself at 55% horridon and 8%+ on all the adds.

I havent had the chance to try the fight again but this week im going to try just killing adds at the start of the fight until dinomancer drops the orb and horridon charges the wall and gains the 50% damage taken debuff. Then only switch off horridon for CD'ed bladestorm or to kill dinomancers (unless i get yelled at for being on boss full time to pad meters. )
    I hope for you the fight is on farm and you comfortably one-shot it everytime. Otherwise this kind of attitude is just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    I hope for you the fight is on farm and you comfortably one-shot it everytime. Otherwise this kind of attitude is just bad.
    2 attempts first week and 1 shot since i cant rememeber why we wiped on first week but nothing on normal has been a problem except ji-kun (first week with figuring out rotations) Durumu people are horrible at maze, and iron qon again that dodging tornados and being bad at it thing. Besides im well enough aware of raid frames and things going on around me to notice if to many adds are piling up and i need to switch off to help catch up.