10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    - Pat's TE Gronkowski confirms he's had a 3rd surgery on his injured left arm.
    Wasn't it for an infection? I remember people accusing him of shooting up when that surfaced.

Infections after surgeries is quite common..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Wasn't it for an infection? I remember people accusing him of shooting up when that surfaced.

Infections after surgeries is quite common..
    Yeah, thanks for catching that.

The little blurb I read didn't mention it, but I just looked for an nfl.com link and you're right.

It's the reason they let Kruger walk. With all of the attention that Kruger got in the playoffs, people tend to forget that Upshaw was the one who started and got most of the playing time in those games.

EDIT: Just read on another board that Dumervil's cap hit for year 1 is $2.5 Mil. O.o If that's true, that leaves plenty of cap space to add another starter through FA. Hopefully, a safety.
    Ravens sign S Michael Huff. 3 years, $6 Mil.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, Ravens doing work in FA.

10+ Year Old Account
    I knew somebody would get a good deal on Huff, he's a good player, he isn't an upgrade like the article implies, but he's the best player that was out there and that is a nice low price for somebody as talented as he is

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If this is the new Fin's logo it looks terrible http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ok_atl_sessler

Looks more like a whale from a distance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MC ALPACA FLAYME View Post
    If they do badly after all the off season moves they made, we can make beached whale jokes about them. I approve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MC ALPACA FLAYME View Post
    LoL I was thinking the same thing when I saw it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually quite like the new logo.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are your opinions on Deion Sanders?

I know he used to be a loud mouthed, entertaining player, and a very good one at that, but I missed all that and only know him from his current media appearances.

He said this apparently, speaking of Tyrann Mathieu (a CB draft prospect):

"I contacted several teams myself, and told them 'If you don't draft this guy, you are an idiot,'" Sanders said on "NFL AM."

"I believe in the kid, and I will put my name by him."
    Now I don't quite get that. Why on earth does it matter that some late great player puts his name by a 3rd round prospect with serious character issues in the past. That comes across as rather arrogant to me. But then again, that's basically all I've seen from Sanders, just this grandstanding media darling with a rather high opinion of himself. The whole add campaign thing he did for the Combine didn't do much to give me a different look on him, tbh.

So is he someone who's opinion actually matters, and I should take seriously, or is this just mostly hot air and self importance only interesting for entertainment purposes?

10+ Year Old Account
    I always try to take a middle ground approach to any sports analyst until I do my own research. The thing with former players and people involved with the sport, they get into some serious man love (John Gruden comes to mind first). Which, honestly John Gruden is right a lot of times which is why I don't mind him casting MNF at all. It was nice for me to listen to him throughout last season when I was still learning players and realize that they were good.

Other than that, I tend to copy the opinions of bloggers more than the standard E!SPN/NFL network journalist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deion tends to get behind players when he sees something of himself in them so it shouldn't come as any surprise when he talks up a play-making defensive back, but it should carry some weight because that is where his expertise lies and he is a paid analyst. For anybody in a front office what he says shouldn't hold much water, but for fans they should know they'd be getting an exciting player added to their defense if their team drafted Mathieu, and that's what his job is really, to give information to fans not front office, I'm sure they hear plenty and Sanders is just one more voice in the din.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Other than that, I tend to copy the opinions of bloggers more than the standard E!SPN/NFL network journalist.
    Hmm I'm more of the distinction between tv and non-tv. Bloggers, and writers tend to have whole articles, and the time to explain their opinions. With tv personalities you get none of that (regardless of if it was there in the first place). So I like guys that write more then the tv guys. Only exceptions that come to mind are guys that do tv, but also have columns and such. Even guys that commentate matches don't always have enough time to explain properly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Hmm I'm more of the distinction between tv and non-tv. Bloggers, and writers tend to have whole articles, and the time to explain their opinions. With tv personalities you get none of that (regardless of if it was there in the first place). So I like guys that write more then the tv guys. Only exceptions that come to mind are guys that do tv, but also have columns and such. Even guys that commentate matches don't always have enough time to explain properly.
    Sad part is, that on air, they've had time to prepare, and they still same some of the dumbest things I've ever heard, and use words to stall for time. Anytime I hear someone say "you look at", I just assume they're stupid and stalling for time, because it's a nonsense phrase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Carson Palmer could be on his way out of Oakland.

Anyone know what the Raiders cap situation looks like? I would have figured they were well under the cap, but it seems like they've gutted their team this offseason.

Also, it sounds like the NFLPA is prepping for an openly gay player to "come out".
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Carson Palmer could be on his way out of Oakland.

Anyone know what the Raiders cap situation looks like? I would have figured they were well under the cap, but it seems like they've gutted their team this offseason.

Also, it sounds like the NFLPA is prepping for an openly gay player to "come out".
    Their cap is really bad. Matt Flynn would be a trade prospect for them if it wasn't so bad.

I'm hearing rumors that a Matt Flynn trade is "imminent"

---------- Post added 2013-03-29 at 01:41 PM ----------

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...y-than-flacco/

Details on the new Romo deal.
    Last edited by Vetali; 2013-03-29 at 06:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes him the highest paid Cowboy ever.

Which really, isn't that big a deal. Contracts get bigger and bigger every year, and the quarterback is always going to have the biggest paycheck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Makes him the highest paid Cowboy ever.

Which really, isn't that big a deal. Contracts get bigger and bigger every year, and the quarterback is always going to have the biggest paycheck.
    Agree and it's not that he is the best Cowboy ever he just happens to play in an era where the NFL overpays it's athletes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarsguard View Post
    Agree and it's not that he is the best Cowboy ever he just happens to play in an era where sports overpays it's athletes.
    Fixed that for you. With the baseball contracts that came about today too, it's apparently that people pay too much money for athletes. Especially in the MLB, where a pitcher seems to be the position that has the most players fall off the map faster and farther than anywhere else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Fixed that for you. With the baseball contracts that came about today too, it's apparently that people pay too much money for athletes. Especially in the MLB, where a pitcher seems to be the position that has the most players fall off the map faster and farther than anywhere else.
    Isn't Felix Hernandez's deal like 175m? lol.

Romo's deal is fair. Helps cap room.