Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Binxi1 View Post
    As the title says they don't want people using pvp gear to get in raid finder so they keep lowering the ilvl of the pvp gear but there quite happy to have people using heroic thunderforged gear join arena/rbg with more ap/sp loads more sockets than pvp gear and so on will there be any use for a pvp geared tank any more especially when they can have a tank in pve gear with like 700-800k hp with a pve geard healer following him around healing him to max..am i the only one who thinks blizz is making pvp quite crap these days..why dont they remove pvp gear since it wont be much good soon anyway..
    PvP has been crap since BC. Blizz refuses to separate PvP from PvE, and so we get whiny people in BGs/Arenas forcing stupid pointless nerfs that affect PvE negatively. Then we get folks in PvE gear going into BGs, which is also asinine. Quite simply, they're never gonna fix it, so let's stop these pointless QQ threads.

who cares about blizz anyways...they will loose a lot of pvpers...less money.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoxia View Post
    who cares about blizz anyways...they will loose a lot of pvpers...less money.
    ye if they loose alot of their pvp players they will lose like 1000 bucks a month because nobody fucking plays pvp anymore.

come on, tanking doesn't matter in random bg's. either wait for the debuff to build up or, if they're guarding a flag, you cc them and cap and they can't kill you... tanks aren't the only ones that are annoying as hell when you're trying to cap a base. now one on one against a tank in the roads...yea that's an issue, but fighting in the roads is the bigger issue.

pve tanks would only matter slightly in rbgs. but then in rbgs, you need a concerted effort to kill a tank anyways and any little advantage pve gear gives a tank aint gonna even remotely be noticed since it always takes a group to kill one anyways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    And LFR is surz buznz too? Any "TryHard" can que for LFR and afk and win.

LOL thank you for making my day!
    I usually go on afk follow in LFR using an assist makro to cast nothing but lightning bolt because it can be cast while running and I'm still somewhere in the middle field of overall damage done.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    I welcome the change personally. Entering BG's halfway into a season is cruel. We'll just have to wait and see their final response in regards to the matter. I do have the feeling they have a sound reasoning for the changes. I would guess PvP gear would still outweigh PvE gear in battlegrounds/arenas, but most likely with a smaller margin than the one that is today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Three words :Item Level Scaling. They are fixing pvp gear to a lower ilvl to PREVENT it from being used to get into lfr, to compensate for pve gear having a higher item level they are putting a cap on item level for pvp(arena, rbgs and bgs) that scales gear down to a maximum of 496. So people wont be able to go into pvp with their ilvl 530 gear and just crush everyone, they'll be shuffled down to same stats minus all the pvp power that the pvp gear has resulting in people who are pvp geared wrecking them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjelpen View Post
    ye if they loose alot of their pvp players they will lose like 1000 bucks a month because nobody fucking plays pvp anymore.
    According to Blizzard the vast majority of players plays a battleground occasionally. On the EU realms there are more people on PvP realms than PvE and the PvP community is still pretty much alive while raiding guilds are dying like mad.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Three words :Item Level Scaling. They are fixing pvp gear to a lower ilvl to PREVENT it from being used to get into lfr, to compensate for pve gear having a higher item level they are putting a cap on item level for pvp(arena, rbgs and bgs) that scales gear down to a maximum of 496. So people wont be able to go into pvp with their ilvl 530 gear and just crush everyone, they'll be shuffled down to same stats minus all the pvp power that the pvp gear has resulting in people who are pvp geared wrecking them.
    Actually they don't want honor gear to be used for that. They themselves said they want to make the transition from PvE to PvP and the other way around easier in general. 496 gear is perfectly fine for ToT normal and LFR but is limited weekly.

Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post
    Why do you think that separating players in WoW is a good thing? It's a game and it should be about fun, and what are they doing? Putting barriers everywhere between PvE and PvP. People should be able to move back and forth between PvE and PvP as they wish, without having to farm additional gear. PvE and PvP gear should be exactly the same, only the source is different. They just need to balance the difficulty requirements so it's not easier to farm gear in one place than in the other one.
    I agree, but it works both ways, for that to happen they need to make pvp gear equal to pve gear. But thats not happening, they are only going one way which leaves pvpers with no choice but pve to get bis.

Quote Originally Posted by Binxi1 View Post
    tbh the people who care about pvp more than pve don't even bother queing for raid finder you get the odd couple who think that wanna be lazy but the majority of pvpers don't really care about pve enough to que for lfr..those that do pve as well as pvp generally end up in normal or heroic raids with there guilds..blizz should just think of a new solution rather than lowering ilvl on elite gear..and i agree with hiya any one can que for lfr and come out with something so that what you said is kinda dumb mate yeah i can see it being hard work for those who run heroic/normal raids but raid finder lol you made my day too )
    Most PVP players have no idea how to properly DPS in PVE and are some of the worst players you can bering to a raid. They also suck terrible at maximizing DPS while moving against a boss.

PVP and PVE are two different skillsets. It doesn't mean you can't be good at both, but you need to practice to be good at both.

Right now you CAN join LFR as a PVP only player and PRACTICE becoming good at actual PVE raiding.

Right now you CAN'T compete even in a basic battleground as a PVE player, without grinding gear for multiple weeks.

PVP is also dying in World of Warcraft. Less people do arenas than ever before, RBG's are all be irelevant, it has no E-sport presence, and it's as unbalanced as it's ever been.

I do not understand why people do no get that this is Blizzards attempt at saving PVP in WoW. New players are not joining the game, so they need more PVE players to start PVPing.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    its not only blizzard who doesnt want ppl with pvp gear to get into LFR/LFG, its the vast majority of ppl too i would imagine.
    Why ? PVP and PVE gear of the same ilvl is exactly the same. Resilience and pvp power takes absolutely none of an items budget for secondary stats (crit, haste, mastery, expertise and hit).

Don't believe me ?

PVE item
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=86874

Cloak of Overwhelming Corruption
    Raid Finder
    Item Level 483
    Upgrade Level 0/2
    Binds when picked up
    Back
    1092 Armor
    +906 Stamina
    +604 Intellect
    +383 Haste (0.90% @ L90)
    +414 Mastery (0.69 @ L90)
    Requires Level 90

PVP item
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=84803

Malevolent Gladiator's Drape of Prowess
    Season 12
    Item Level 483
    Upgrade Level 0/2
    Binds when picked up
    Back
    1092 Armor
    +906 Stamina
    +604 Intellect
    +353 Haste (0.83% @ L90)
    +432 Mastery (0.72 @ L90)
    +241 PvP Power (0.91% @ L90)
    +241 PvP Resilience (0.78% @ L90)
    Requires Level 90

As you can see they are basically identical in every way that matters. If we were still in Cataclysm you'd have a point because during that xpac the resilience and pvp power did use up some of the secondary stat budget but those days are long gone. So what difference does it make if someone uses PVE gear or PVP gear ?

As for PVE gear being best for PVP... Well if you'd read the changes properly you'd know why that wont be the case apart from in world pvp (which blizzard have already said they are working on). PVE gear will have it's items level and stats scaled down and so will become vastly inferior to pvp gear in arena, bgs and rated bgs due to the lack of pvp power.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2013-03-29 at 06:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Erm..

PvP gear in its current form is fine for getting into the lower PvE brackets for dps/healers. In fact, a full set of honor gear = a full set of 476s from MSV LFR. Of course, for warrior/DK tanks, PvE gear will be better due to more mastery/dodge/parry. For paladins/druids/monk tanks, PvP gear is same as equal ilvl PvE gear.

The main thing blizz seemed to want was to prevent someone fresh 90 getting a full set of pvp honor gear and hoping into 5.2 LFR in a day. Getting a full set of pvp honor gear and hoping into 5.0 LFRs is ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Sigh, I wish people needed to have an IQ higher than 10 to play WoW.

PvE gear will *never* be as good as PvP gear in arenas/BGs unless they remove PvP Power. Which they aren't doing. So please, stop being an idiot.
    As a healer and member of world pvp guild I will be required to raid as much as possible. PvP gear with PvP Power will be a rubbish for me, because PvE gear will be far more superior. Unless they'll make a changes to PvP Power in healers favour.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    Holy missing point, batman.

PvE gear takes longer to acquire than going to BG. BG's dont have gear level restrictions. For starters thats one thing.
    LFR has gear level restriction.. therefore you cant just hop to LFR with green gear and go afk.
    You cant just go to 5man and go afk there without being kicked, well unless its guild group and you are with decent dps.
    Also you "need" dailies to get epics to boost that ilvl up faster than just getting JP/blues...

..Or just go to BG in greens or naked and get honor and "get pvp gear fast and hop to LFR".
    I'm sorry but you are completely wrong. I have had weeks in Raids where i have gotten 6 pieces from one raid. Time is relative in this situation. You spend just as much time grinding out honor as you would actually trying to progress in PVE. Not to mention honor gear = heroic gear for PVP'ers. The fact that PVE'ers are entering PVP at all just to get ahead is what messes up the whole system. Don't get me wrong I don't think that getting into LFR should be possible with PVP gear, however, I think pointing fingers at individuals who hardly even touch LFR is just as ridiculous.
    Check me out on Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzer View Post
    As a healer and member of world pvp guild I will be required to raid as much as possible. PvP gear with PvP Power will be a rubbish for me, because PvE gear will be far more superior. Unless they'll make a changes to PvP Power in healers favour.
    You're an idiot. Lets say in theory that you had the best possible PvE gear in the game, all fully upgraded Thunderforged Heroic items (I know, barely possible, but in theory). As soon as you jump into arena, that's all instantly scaled down to 497.

The guy on the other side of the arena is in full 497 PvP gear. He has the exact same stat level as you. Maybe your secondary stats are allocated better, small advantage. However, he has PvP power on his gear, which does not count against item level. It's "free"! Which means he has a lot more output than you. His character is better. Of course, as soon as you leave the arena after he thoroughly trounces you, you will be more powerful in World PvP. But, who the shit cares about world PvP.

People need to stop forgetting that the PvE gear in arena is basically the same as the PvP gear, only without the free PvP power.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    IDK what the point of this is. PvE geared people don't do as well in PvP as PvP geared people, and PvP geared people don't do as well in PvE as PvE geared people. Is this some sort of revelation? I was healing a BG yesterday, and there was a Blood DK with like 750k hp that proceeded to get destroyed by a Warlock and Shaman before I could even get a heal off. Things are fine the way they are, 5.3 is going to be umm interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
    You're an idiot. Lets say in theory that you had the best possible PvE gear in the game, all fully upgraded Thunderforged Heroic items (I know, barely possible, but in theory). As soon as you jump into arena, that's all instantly scaled down to 497.

The guy on the other side of the arena is in full 497 PvP gear. He has the exact same stat level as you. Maybe your secondary stats are allocated better, small advantage. However, he has PvP power on his gear, which does not count against item level. It's "free"! Which means he has a lot more output than you. His character is better. Of course, as soon as you leave the arena after he thoroughly trounces you, you will be more powerful in World PvP. But, who the shit cares about world PvP.

People need to stop forgetting that the PvE gear in arena is basically the same as the PvP gear, only without the free PvP power.
    and you sir you won the internet for not reading i'll quote it for you since you can't read it As a healer and member of world pvp guild this means it won't scale down. and this means he will have alot more hp/int/haste/crit/mastery you can only dream of. so before you go again on your nerdrage rampage read the post properly it won't take that long.

and who cares about wpvp? people who are in a wpvp guild? just because you don't like it doesn't mean the rest should not. god people need to stop thinging for other. it hurts my brain.
    Last edited by loki504; 2013-03-30 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomatose View Post
    PvP has been crap since BC. Blizz refuses to separate PvP from PvE, and so we get whiny people in BGs/Arenas forcing stupid pointless nerfs that affect PvE negatively. Then we get folks in PvE gear going into BGs, which is also asinine. Quite simply, they're never gonna fix it, so let's stop these pointless QQ threads.
    Every season has sucked pretty much equally.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    its not only blizzard who doesnt want ppl with pvp gear to get into LFR/LFG, its the vast majority of ppl too i would imagine.
    Too bad those vast majority also suck to the point where I was in the top 3 DPS every LFR run while wearing the honour set and I'm really not that great at PvE.

gemmed resil will affect gameplay even more with 65% being base and no resil on gear.

also ilevels doesnt mean only stats, but sockets too, so you will lose the sockets along with all the sp/int/stam/etc.

people should really try to READ UP on changes before going crazy over changes they don't understand.

pve gear will never be viable in pvp as you will get completely destroyed when arena is capped at 493.