Poll: Did you enjoy fighting Kanrethad?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I love him and thoroughly enjoyed the challenge.

I'm not particularly interested in doing him again though, once was enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roulette Kneebasha View Post
    I'Do you look forward to fighting him again on an alt? Or are you happy to never see that guy ever again?
    I think Kanrethad would be happy to never see me again, but that's not the case. I'm just going and exchange some spellcasts with him when im kinda bored.

for seeing me so many times he wants to say
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorim
    You mortal who dare to interfere with my sport will pay... Wait--you...
    I remember you... In the mountains... But you... what is this?

I'll reserve my right to hate him until I beat him.

Loved it on my first few attempts. Hated it for a bit when I felt I'd hit a wall. Loved it again when I saw myself progressing again, and loooooovvveeeeed it when I killed it.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

It was fun for a bit but after the amount of wipes I had, when I finally beat him....I still thought he sucks but the green stuff was cool

I love the fight. I was dying for a challenge every since I stopped HM raiding. I feel the fight has really pushed me to become a better warlock, and a better play overall. Which is really awesome for Blizzard to add something like that in a game that seems to keep getting dumbed down patch after patch. I'm still probably 50 attempts away from downing him but I've enjoyed every last wipe. Good job Blizz!

Deleted
    It's VERY hard imo... I may be a baddie or whatever, but now that i have my green fire i never want that fight again.

Deleted
    Was a pain to get down, had 470 ilvl, pvp pieces etc. but after I got down my strategy, it was just a matter time perfecting it - then bam, green fire. I then started singing Paradise City, fire is green, girls are pretty etc.

I do hope they don't nerf him, but then again, the encounter is going to become trivial one day anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Had loads of fun doing it. Looking forward to doing it on my GF's casual Warlock when she gets a book of her own.
    Impossible. Since her account is not your account you are not permitted to do so.

Huh, I guess I'm in the minority! Once I beat him, I never ever want to do this again. Ever. As it is I find myself dreading to log onto my main and work on him because it's so mind numbing and frustrating. Dailies are more fun, and that's saying something. Course, I'm also not a hardcore raider. Seriously, I'm pretty impressed that you guys enjoy this kind of thing. I just don't get it. I did enjoy the quest-line up to this point though.

Course, I'm also not after him for the prestige. I'm after him for RP reasons and the aesthetics. So... sigh... I keep trying. At this point he's a reluctant obligation. I'm looking forward to enjoying my Warlock again once I get this crap over with.

"There is a thin, semantic line separating weird and beautiful. And that line is covered in jellyfish." - Welcome to Night Vale.

Deleted
    What's not to like to a boss fight that puts you to the limits, in the whole history of this game , there is no fight, encounter similar to this.
    Unique , fun , challenging 3 very strong reasons, but then again it's the way i see this

Quote Originally Posted by Calthric View Post
    Impossible. Since her account is not your account you are not permitted to do so.
    ......Narc.

(edit: for anyone who can't figure out how to google stuff, it means "someone who tattles on someone else")
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2013-03-30 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    ......Narc.

What does 'narc' mean?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    ilevel 485, I can consistently get him to around 10%, well past the second Doomguard phase. I usually bite it after getting overwhelmed by the second or third pack of imps he summons in a row, and I know I'm not maximizing my DPS enough earlier in the fight, but I'm not sure how to improve it short of improving my gear more. I imagine with ilevel 500 it would be easier.
    once he starts summoning loads of imps, i would suggest keeping RoF on them all and just chain spamming shadowburn on the boss

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    once he starts summoning loads of imps, i would suggest keeping RoF on them all and just chain spamming shadowburn on the boss
    This is the best part. Watching that HP just melt with Shadowburn. That was an amazing feeling.

---------- Post added 2013-03-29 at 10:57 PM ----------

Not impossible. Chances are they live together or he's around her place often enough. She logs on to her account*on her computer, she decides to take a break and he plays a little. On the same computer. Not anything blizz would even care about or know about.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dat Lock View Post
    What's not to like to a boss fight that puts you to the limits, in the whole history of this game , there is no fight, encounter similar to this.
    Unique , fun , challenging 3 very strong reasons, but then again it's the way i see this
    This :0)

This fight has pushed me to my limits, and rekindled my love of the lock. I cant wait to give it another shot (and hopefully beat it)

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Did another 20 tries today and made some very good progress. But after that things started to fall apart again, that first felhunter phase really can wreck you. Decided to call it a day so I wouldn't get frustrated. Hopefully I can finish it tomorrow. This fight is an awesome test for your skills and awareness.

What does 'narc' mean?
    Just giving you a hard time.

Im gonna go against the trend here and say i hate him. Let me explain!

I have Green Fire now but it took at least 5 days of solid attempts (about 60-80 wipes) to finally get him down over about a 3 week period. I should say i got the book on my first rare mob kill so i was trying him from night 1 on patch day. Now let me get into why i'm not a fan of this fight. I started my Warlock when i bought the game in December 2004. I think since probably launch day there have been Warlock's asking for Green Fire so this has been almost a decade in the making. To "gate" the fight like this is in my view terrible. Perhaps if it had rewarded some kind of awesome Warlock transmog set/weapon i could understand the difficulty for a reward you don't really even need. But this is something most Warlock's would want and i dont think should be rewarded after a fight like this.

I began my attempts at sub 470 ilvl (468-69 ilvl) and only began to make progress when i got VERY lucky in LFR 1 week and i shot up to almost 480 ilvl. The following week i scored a couple more pieces plus some valor gear which put me at 485 ilvl which is what i was at when i finally got him. This to me, based on reading the various threads on this quest seems like the minimum for being successful on this fight. Which puts it out of the reach of anyone who is returning to the game/just leveled a lock for the first time. Again, maybe if it was an item id feel differently but this is something that really adds to the class and differentiates it from the other classes (Mages in particular). It is largely for this reason that i wish it were tuned down just a little from where it currently sits.

Fun is also probably not a word id use to describe my feelings for this fight post kill. Anyone who has raided the really difficult content knows it isnt always about fun. Something else kicks in after the nights of constant wipe's and you just want to get the bloody fight done with. For me it got to this point. I stopped having "fun" with it and just wanted to get it over with. It also doesn't help that Blizz decided that Warlock's would form the beta testers for there upcoming solo scenario content they are heading towards for 5.4. Which i think probably contributed to the state this encounter finds itself in, this fight is clearly an extreme example of what solo content could be to judge reaction to it. It wouldn't surprise me to see this and the following solo content being a little less demanding in the future. Unless Blizz thinks only heroic raiders will want to participate in the content.

Im happy its done and i certainly got a rush when i saw the fight finish, but overall i think it needs to be tuned down.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^ i'll agree with parts of this.

mostly i think there are issues with the encounter that contribute to it being so difficult. a lot of ppl claim abusing gateways makes the fight easier, but i've had nothing but problems with it. i glyphed gateway yet 1 in 4 pulls i'll walk into it and it doesn't send me anywhere so i get gibbed by a chaos bolt. you get the occassional stragler imp that is out of position or what not, the constant need to dispel everything, felhunters spamming dispel on enslave demon, etc.

i don't think it's a bad fight, but considering the reading i've done where ppl are able to outgear it w/ ilvls, it's just a cock block for anyone not in a certain gear level, regardless of skill. i think that's bad. that's my 2c, for whatever it's worth.