Deleted

Challenge mode trinket question

Hey there fellow warlocks, I have quite a pickle here, my guild will be starting challenge modes soon, and I really have no idea what trinket combo im going to be using, for reference, I will be going as destro with a balls deep mastery build for those Chaosbolts&Shadowburns.

Currently the trinkets I have available are as follows:

Wushoolay's Final Choice:
    Wushoolay's Final Choice

Breath of the Hydra:
    Breath of the Hydra

Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault:
    Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault
    Light of the Cosmos (upgraded twice, not sure if matters):
    Light of the Cosmos

Relic of Yu'lon(upgraded twice, not sure if matters):
    Relic of Yu'lon

So if you guys would give me any pointers on which combo I should be rockin, would be gladly appreciated. personally I feel like the Light of the Cosmos & Relic of Yu'lon with their consistent ICD and procrate could be very good, but I have no idea about how trinketprocs work in the CM, so the Breath of the Hydra and Wushu combo might pull out ahead.

thanks for the help !

Irkzyyrik - Frozen Dawn -- Twisting Nether.

The damage component on the trinkets is brought to the 463 iLevel - the proc rates remain unaffected by the scaling. Since you're running destruction, I'd run with Relic of Yu'lon and probably Wushoolay's...but then again, I'm biased as that's what I run in a normal setting.

I think you should go with LotC and RoY, as those got the most reliable proc chances. Also consider getting the pop trinket with 2min 30 seconds CD (blue one from heroics).
    Wushoolays might get wasted too often and is kind of unreliable if combat only lasts like 20-30 seconds. Not sure about breath of the hydra, but with lower haste downscaling I don't think it will have a good uptime anyway (cus of how RPPM works with haste).

Deleted
    I might be wrong, but considering RPPM trinkets scale with haste, I'd presume they were gimped massively by lower ilevel?

I'd run with LOTC and ROY, they're pretty damn good - the only reason they really fall behind is being massively outstripped in ilevel, with CM scaling they should be hoisted back up.

Relic of Yu'lon should be your nr. #1 choice.

If you are an alchemist, the Zen Alchemist Stone is an obvious #2. After that though, things start getting a bit more blurry, and the trinkets aren't that much better or worse. The LotC is an ok choice, because it's proc lines up perfectly with RoY. However, it doesn't even get close to the benefit you can have with the Flashfrozen Resin Globule, if you time it's use very well. It's downside is that it has a terrible cooldown. In some instances you will only get to use it 4 times max (this begs the question if you can swap it out after use for a proc trinket, then swap it back in once it's CD is dropping off). In general, you want proc trinkets as these synergize really good with demo, which is the spec you'll use (I assume)for at least Scholomance, parts of Scarlet Monastery, Brewery etc.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Relic of Yulon will forever be the best trinket for CM's. So really you are just figuring out what is second. PPM theoretically takes a hit from lower haste BUT expertise and hit are not reduced by the ilvl squish to 463. Only wild card is lei shen...static int is good and 100% crit I *think* still works but not sure if the PPM thing will put it behind a versatile trinket like lotc.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure I'll be running Yu'lon + LoTC, but the wush is tempting since it has 1467 hit rating (4.31% rating) which could leave me a lot of choice for more stats at that ILVL, i'll be using destruction everywhere as im much more comfortable playing it than demo.

Allright, thanks for the answers guys! guess i'll have to test them around a bit

Quote Originally Posted by WiseGnomE View Post
    I'm pretty sure I'll be running Yu'lon + LoTC, but the wush is tempting since it has 1467 hit rating (4.31% rating) which could leave me a lot of choice for more stats at that ILVL, i'll be using destruction everywhere as im much more comfortable playing it than demo.

Allright, thanks for the answers guys! guess i'll have to test them around a bit
    It will have 847 hit rating, as every trinket has that cap in CMs. It'll be a trinket similar to the flashfrozen resin globule.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    Relic of Yulon will forever be the best trinket for CM's. So really you are just figuring out what is second. PPM theoretically takes a hit from lower haste BUT expertise and hit are not reduced by the ilvl squish to 463. Only wild card is lei shen...static int is good and 100% crit I *think* still works but not sure if the PPM thing will put it behind a versatile trinket like lotc.
    Lei Shen's chance to proc is scaled with its ilvl, so at 463 its chance to proc is far lower.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    Lei Shen's chance to proc is scaled with its ilvl, so at 463 its chance to proc is far lower.
    allright, that then completely rules out the wush aswell, since the procrate would be abysmal. guess im sticking to ye old LotC +RoY. thanks alot!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseGnomE View Post
    allright, that then completely rules out the wush aswell, since the procrate would be abysmal. guess im sticking to ye old LotC +RoY. thanks alot!
    The other rPPM trinkets have the same proc rate, but the size of the procs are scaled. The Lei Shen trinket gets different proc rate because the actual proc isn't changing.

LotC and Relic. Hands down. The other ones just get the shit beat out of them with scaling. Couldn't say one way or the other for the Volatile Talisman but I'd wager that the proc itself is not worth nearly as much as the raw damage you'd get from Int proc trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    LotC and Relic. Hands down. The other ones just get the shit beat out of them with scaling. Couldn't say one way or the other for the Volatile Talisman but I'd wager that the proc itself is not worth nearly as much as the raw damage you'd get from Int proc trinkets.
    I wouldn't be so quick to rule out the Zen Alchemist stone. It has over 4500 int on proc, and it's proc rate isn't as low as a lot of people claim it to be. I've used it to great success paired with Relic in challenge modes before.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    I wouldn't be so quick to rule out the Zen Alchemist stone. It has over 4500 int on proc, and it's proc rate isn't as low as a lot of people claim it to be. I've used it to great success paired with Relic in challenge modes before.
    OP didn't say anything about the Zen Alchemist stone - even if he's an Alchemist I'd wager a guess in saying that LotC/RoY are still better options.