Deleted

Disarm Reduction removed from PvP set, replaced with 10% damage reduction in BS

If you go to the frontpage and scroll down to Spell Changes and there you can find Item Set Bonuses. This is what it says:

Disarm Duration Reduction no longer reduces the duration of disarms. Now decreases damage taken while in Battle Stance by 10%.

While I like this change, will this mean we either want the Disarm reduction enchant OR the 2200 one? Blizzard stated that they wanted the enchant to be just as good as the other enchants, rendering it purely cosmetic. But with this change, the 2200 enchant will be much better.

Opinions?
    Last edited by mmoc286748cea5; 2013-03-30 at 02:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i wonder what blizz thinks of this change and how it will impact warriors that do not play at +2200.if a player starts playing mid season and we all know its hard to find good rbgs/arena teams mid season. doesn't this just make it harder for "new/returning" pvpers to compete? this is the opposite of what blizz wants to do right?if your not +2200 you have to use a weapon chain or gtfo.most warriors will lose dancing steel for a weapon chain and never hit +2200,this would just be a nerf to warrior dps in the long run.

blizz want to introduce "gear scaling" and removed all rating requirements on pvp gear.i do agree with the removal of rating requirements, because it allows every player regardless of skill level the CHANCE to get the best gear,IF they part take in pvp.but now a few weeks after the change,blizz already stated they are putting rating requirements back in for the next patch.

this to me just screams blizz has no fucking clue whats going on or what they want.

They just need to reduce the duration of disarm all together. It's retarded that you get stonewalled completely after you pop cool downs.

It will always be hard for new players to compete merely because of how the community is;
    This holds true for every class no matter if they're buffed or nerfed mid season. I'm personally struggling to find people to play with and I finally just did merely because I made some connections - Which most people will never have the opportunity to do.

One thing people do need to remember which I'm fairly certain was kept in mind when making the change;
    We have Bladestorm.

It cannot be disarmed and you can pop it while disarmed. It's not ideal against every comp but it's an option and a good one at that because of it.
    It'll honestly come down to what's on the ladders come 5.3; I can see this being hilarious against RMP with the changes.

(I do agree that disarm's overall duration needs to be reduced though. Annoying for everybody.)

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    It will always be hard for new players to compete merely because of how the community is;
    This holds true for every class no matter if they're buffed or nerfed mid season. I'm personally struggling to find people to play with and I finally just did merely because I made some connections - Which most people will never have the opportunity to do.

One thing people do need to remember which I'm fairly certain was kept in mind when making the change;
    We have Bladestorm.

It cannot be disarmed and you can pop it while disarmed. It's not ideal against every comp but it's an option and a good one at that because of it.
    It'll honestly come down to what's on the ladders come 5.3; I can see this being hilarious against RMP with the changes.

(I do agree that disarm's overall duration needs to be reduced though. Annoying for everybody.)
    When did this change happen? Disarm has always been the one way to CC a warrior using bladestorm.

Quote Originally Posted by Iracor View Post
    When did this change happen? Disarm has always been the one way to CC a warrior using bladestorm.
    I think they changed it in 5.2

I just don't hope warrior dmg during bladestorm suddenly gets retarded and we have s6 all over again...

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Bladestorm now provides immunity to disarm while active.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
    I think they changed it in 5.2

I just don't hope warrior dmg during bladestorm suddenly gets retarded and we have s6 all over again...
    At the moment it's not retarded damage; It's really good however.

Was running 2's with a rogue last night;
    I'd have people open on me and I'd pop CD's - They'd disarm me and I'd just pop Bladestorm as my partner blinded whoever we weren't on and stun-locked the guy into a bomb. It actually worked extremely well and helped against Rogue/Frost Mage - Which I thought would be a "hard counter".

I'd also have to double check but I landed kills inside a Ring of Peace as well with Bladestorm - It was popped before the ring came out. I'm unsure if Bladestorm is what killed them or not or if bleeds did it. I'll be testing the theory out once a monk friend logs on. Didn't think to check combat log while it was happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    cd on BS is still wat to long and the damage is not that good.but since SW has been nerfed,it makes BS look better then it really is.blizz need to buff the damage or BS because they killed that talent years ago,sadly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    cd on BS is still wat to long and the damage is not that good.but since SW has been nerfed,it makes BS look better then it really is.blizz need to buff the damage or BS because they killed that talent years ago,sadly.
    I agree. Shortening it to a minute would probably be enough though, in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    I'd also have to double check but I landed kills inside a Ring of Peace as well with Bladestorm - It was popped before the ring came out. I'm unsure if Bladestorm is what killed them or not or if bleeds did it. I'll be testing the theory out once a monk friend logs on. Didn't think to check combat log while it was happening.
    I tested it and it seems like Bladestorm does no damage while inside it. Weird.

Thanks for confirming. I'll chalk it up to either Shuriken Toss or Bleeds that killed the guy I was talking about then.

It'd be nice if BS worked inside RoP - We need /some/ counters to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvdatboi View Post
    They just need to reduce the duration of disarm all together. It's retarded that you get stonewalled completely after you pop cool downs.
    You're saying warriors should be completely unstoppable while they have some of the most powerful cooldowns in the game activated?

Sure hasn't, that unstoppable force of overpowerness murdered people before Cata was released when they finally made it so it could be disarmed. Warriors didn't like it but they understood why it was changed.

The weapon chain enchant has always been a case where you have to determain whether it is worth the pros and con of not having one.
    Warriors set bonus gave them a well deserved change.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love this change i gives me bit boost vs arms as fury And i sit in bs 80% of time anyway stance dance on focus so im ok
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Deleted
    I agree with you to some extent but as it is right now I would gladly throw away disarm reduction and get back the survivability. Warriors are to damn squishy atm... But yes I agree to give us both would not be to overcompensate!

According to the patch notes they're making DStance 25% reduction again. Which means that Warriors can once again just sit in DStance since Rage isn't that much of an issue, so this change really isn't very good.

And to all the people saying Bladestorm... I just have no words. Nobody is going to use Bladestorm in high rated PvP anyway because you'd be giving up an AoE stun for it. Only way Bladestorm could possibly be taken would be if you were partnered with a Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    According to the patch notes they're making DStance 25% reduction again. Which means that Warriors can once again just sit in DStance since Rage isn't that much of an issue
    Except rage is an issue, and the lack of a free overpower means we'll be far worse off than we were before the nerf.

10+ Year Old Account
    For those complaining about the 10%, are you oblivious to the fact that almost everyone has a passive damage reduction equal or greater to it. It really should be 15%, like S Priests, Hunters, Moonkins, etc.

Making Disarm last 4s base seems like the better option. No serious player is going to not run a weapon chain. As such there is no real decision in what enchant to get, which makes it bad design on Blizzard's part. Especially if they then give a far better weapon chain to 2200+ players when they are trying to design it so we dont have an advantage gear wise anymore. It also would further their goal of making PvP more accessible by not putting PVE players at a disadvantage for not wanting to lose Dancing Steel.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.